Looking for recommendation for good iron for clothes

princessbear

Cathlete
My iron DIED. It was a Black & Decker SteamXpress and I absolutely loved it. So I went out and bought another Black & Decker at Walmart (not the SteamXpress - they didn't have that one). From the beginning I have found it to be really annoying. No manual on/off button an it is supposed to stay on until it isn't used for 8 minutes - but it keeps shutting off and I keep having to unplug it and plug it back in. NOW it's starting to leak water all over the place.

I'm a CRAZY ironing lady - love to iron - I find it really soothing. But this is making me nuts!

Any suggestions for a good iron with a great steam feature?

Thanks!

My favorite iron is one like this one http://www.rowentausa.com/rowenta/frame.aspx sorry, did not post the correct page, but it's the Steam Generator - pressure iron & steamer model

Mine is currently packed away in storage so I cannot remember what brand/model it is. But it had the water reservoir and it did not spit out any nasty stains on silk or any of my fabrics. It was worth the money.

Last edited:
Two for the Rowenta brand - I've seen them but never knew anyone that had one so I hesitated to spend that much $$ on it... Thanks for the suggestions ladies!

Rowenta

My iron DIED. It was a Black & Decker SteamXpress and I absolutely loved it. So I went out and bought another Black & Decker at Walmart (not the SteamXpress - they didn't have that one). From the beginning I have found it to be really annoying. No manual on/off button an it is supposed to stay on until it isn't used for 8 minutes - but it keeps shutting off and I keep having to unplug it and plug it back in. NOW it's starting to leak water all over the place.

I'm a CRAZY ironing lady - love to iron - I find it really soothing. But this is making me nuts!

Any suggestions for a good iron with a great steam feature?

Thanks!

I have a Rowenta iron and Ironing Board. Both are very well made and last a long time!

Just have to add my vote for a Rowenta. I'm not the ironer in the family, my husband is. He loves his Rowenta and would get another one in a heartbeat. We have the Rowenta Advancer.

Be warned that they're heavy, though. My sister, who has had her wrist fused, can only use hers for short periods of time because of the weight. But she's the one who told us about how great the brand is and it's worth it to her to have to make adjustments for her wrist.

I LOVE a heavy iron!!! Although I may not love it so much after I start STS :D:D:D:D

Thanks everyone! Off to buy me a Rowenta!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.