long hair

HaBepte

Hi all,
I would like to know if anyone has long hair. My hair goes down to my butt and I have a hard time working out because of the weight. I started with putting it in a braid, but it kept bouncing around and weighing my head down. Then I started putting it in a bun, and it is ok, but does any one have any suggestions.
Thanks Jan

Hmmm...my hair falls to the middle of my back.It is curly so it is probably longer then that.I know that a pony tail won't cut it but thats all I use.Then my ponytail lands on my shoulders.I can't use braids b/c I find them to heavy and it gives me a headache.
You could probably try a couple of braids then ponytail them together? Or you could get it cut.:+ I would think that a bun would be heavier then braids.
Lori

Do you do a low braid starting at the neck? If I try to ponytail, then braid my hip-length hair, it is way too heavy and uncomfortable. My low braid doesn't bounce very much and I barely feel it.

A French braid might redistribute the weight of the braid. You could also do two French braids and tie them together at the bottom with an elastic.

I hope this helps!

i used to have long hair and as suggested above, I did french braids. that kept the wisps out of the way too.
nnow with short hair, I use a bandanna since it won't all fit in a scrunchie and not quite enough to braid.

have you tried two ponytails?

I have very long hair too, almost to the top of the butt, sometimes I have to wear a headband plus wear a pontytail but not up in a pontytail but more down to the neck.

Hi everyone,

if you think that you guys have problems with long hair, listen to this.

I have quite long hair, around chest length, and you might be thinking thats not very long, well for a black woman it is, and to make matters worse I keep it in braid extensions which are very heavy,
and the reason I wear extensions is because it is natural, no perms, or chemicals to straighten it, and it tangles easily.
What I am trying to say is,if I take my hair out of the extensions it would look like a big bushy birds nest.
Ok a slight exageration, I love my hair really, it feels soft but I cant stop it from tangling. Also when I am working out I keep getting beaten up by my own plaits, I have tried tying it with scarves, bandanas, scrunchies etc, but they all manage to come out.
So guess what i've found? wait for it.... a stocking foot!! yes.. the old pair of tights never lets me down when working out, just pull it over my head and tuck it in, then when doing the tuck jumps on imax1, it keeps my hair in place.
But in saying that, its a good thing I discovered home workouts as I would not be seen dead in it in public.

Hope y'all have had a laugh at my expense.

Luv hotchick:7

Tee hee, Hotchick thanks for the visual! I won't even mention the myriad reasons I've been thankful for home workouts! They're not all visual but that's as far as I'll go, to have mercy on you all.

I am trying to grow out my hair, sounds like not much work but it does take self-control not to cut it on a bad hair day. It's interesting to hear how you all control it.

It seems like only the shortest and the longest hair is easy to control during working out. My hair is almost shoulder length but it's in layers so I have to wear about 6 clips around my ponytail so the wisps won't keep stabbing me in the eyeballs, get in my mouth, etc.

I found some cute little terry headbands in Long's drugstore last week. They're like light sweatbands. Sweat just stings my eyes like some sort of snake venom! The bands provide just enough absorbency.

I hope this hair grows fast.

Hey, hotchick, I've actually seen something almost like that for sale. They're made out of spandex and you're supposed to be able to put the length of a ponytail in them. I never even thought about using one for working out! I'll can imagine those extensions are heavy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.