Long and lean vs. bulky

fittwin120

Hi Cathe,

I am a lurker and have been so for about a year now. I have many of your tapes, both old and new. I know we all have our own personal goals and desires about how we want our bodies to look and with that said I have a question for you. Your body is clearly more long and lean than you were when you made Body Max and Maximum Intensity Strength. You had a much more muscular build back then, dare I say bulky? :7 However, today your body is so long and lean, I'm curious to know if that was a decision you made or if it "just happened" as you designed these new workouts? I LOVE the way your body (and all the other girls) look in these new videos!!!! I know you don't give out personal information such as diet and that's okay, but DID you intentionally set out to change the way your body looks by adding resistance bands and stability balls to your workouts? I am amazed at how different everyone looks in the new series. My goal is to have that long and lean look using your dvd's but I'm unsure how to do it. Can you help? FYI - I'm 38, I am 5'5, I weigh about 127, and I workout about 5 - 6 days per week. I squat with approximately 35 pound barbell, I use 8 - 10 lbs weights depending on body part. I don't know if this information is necessary but I thought it might be helpful. Hope to hear from you!

bump...I sure hope Cathe can answer this one for us. It's another excellent question that I bet applies to a lot of us! Thanks for asking it.:)

This would really help me too. I am short and bulky. I'll never be long, but I know I can be leaner. Hope we hear something on this.
kali:)

Interesting...I thought Cathe looked leaner in the past. Not that she doesn't look lean (no fat) now, but to me she looks more muscular now, especially the core and shoulders. That said, I only have up through the Intensity Series.

Thanks for posting that Luvstep. I have noticed since going to heavier weights, I'm getting leaner. I never tried it before because I thought I would get bulky (I build muscle very easily), but surprisingly I'm not. I too will be interested in hearing what Cathe has to say on this.

I know she is busy, but I see she has answered other questions, and this question was reasked in hoping she would see it, I'm bummping this again in hopes that Cathe will see it, I would love her input! Thanks in advance

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.