Loading DVD's into iTunes...

beskinny

Cathlete
I'm hooked on the downloads! I love not having to mess around with the DVDs. Here is a question - is it possible to load a DVD into iTunes? There are some workouts I don't do enough to justify repurchasing the download however I would love to be able to shelf the DVD for good.

Any insight on this? Thanks!!

Yes it is possible. The DVD has to be converted to a different format and you can then play it from iTunes. My husband knows how to do it and he is not here right now to ask, but it can be done. He uses a program on the computer to convert it to MP4 format, then you just add it to your library.

Last edited:
I haven't had to do any conversion of the authorized downloads to a different format - they arrive as mp4s. You can add them just like any other file, or even just click on the mp4 and it may launch your itunes (depends on how your options are set).

My only problem with the downloading the full library is getting them all on my system; I've got an ongoing dialog going on with SNM there, so hopefully we'll eventually get a solution (and no, it has nothing to do with my connection speed, similarlly sized video files are loading just fine - but the helpdesk is doing it's best to diagnose what's going on). That said, the files that I've downloaded have been of high quality. They work very well with my itunes and ipod, whether nano or touch; it's been really nice to have them along when traveling! Am looking forward to being able to use the full library.

Thanks for the information, Vee. I may play around with the free ones and then go to the others that you mentioned if I have too much trouble. I may end up converting all of the dvds in our house. I love the idea of not having dvds sitting around taking up space and looking cluttered.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.