~LIZ~AkA~ Gettingthere

Francine

Cathlete
Hi Liz,

I emailed you this morning! I'm not sure if you seen this post http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=70120&mesg_id=70120&page=

But I know you have the Butt and thigh shaper and was hoping you would reply and let everyone know what other exercises can be done on it! Remember you wanted something similiar to my TTT , well it's back (in a fashionable black and gray-to match the high step ;-)! Couldn't believe it when I seen it on tv, a blast from the past ;-) of 1994!

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Yes! Please Liz, help put me out of my misery with the descisions, descisions, descisions!}( How do you think this compares to the Top Ten Trainer (Francine has a link to the QVC site for that one!), and do you love/use this item?

Dani53

Me too! Can't decide which I want more...the TTT or the B&TS??? Help!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi everybody!

It's hard to compare the two since I only have the Yukon fitness product. Sounds like the TTT is a much smaller item if you can stick it in a closet. The BTS is very heavy-gym quality I'd say. I needed help putting it together, so if you're not good with a screwdriver and nuts and bolts, plan on having some help. Pause for a cathe moment: When the fed ex lady delivered it to our house, she asked if my husband could come out to help her get it off her truck. Her eyeballs just about popped out of her head when I carried it off by myself ;)

It didn't come with any weights, but that was ok since I just used the plates that came with my barbell at first. After awhile I invested in some 25 lb plates that I picked up from WalMart. It does come with an excellent pad for the leg lifts, and a flat rectangle accessory you use for butt kicks, and another accessory is a chain with a handle.

You can do probably 25 or so exercises on the BTS and they have a video that shows you how do them all. Having said that, many of them are upper body and I much prefer working out with Cathe for my upper body.

Mine doesn't have the icons near the pin to show you what goes where for what exercise, but if you watch the video once (it's about 20 min) you don't really need that.

The exercises I do most often on it are the inner and outer thigh lifts (one legged standing versions of the 'good girl' 'bad girl' gym machines), butt kicks and leg press. I also get good results doing calf raises and side bends. It's not mentioned anywhere, but I can also do back rows on it which work the back very well.

I always thought butt kicks were kind of a useless exercise until I did it on this machine with 75 pounds! Yowzer!! My butt was definately kicked!!

I guess I've rambled on enough. I paid about $160 I believe for mine directly from yukon-fitness. I love this machine!

Happy New Year everyone!

Best,
Liz

Thanks for the info,

I just emailed you back ;-)I'm in the process of uploading those pics from TTT!(geez very time consuming cause I'm trying to sequence them from left to right,hopefully I'll be done by tonight)

I have a couple of questions that I'll post here for others as well: Do you move the pin in other holes for the other exercises and does it have a lever to adjust the middle piece so that the other exercises can be done with different lengths? Cause it sorta sounds like the same set up as TTT BUT with weight plates which will be great for those looking for gym equipment that has this option to load up!

Hi Franci,

Yes, it has a pin that lets the lever adjust easily to the height/distance/angle you need. It has 30 pin options which basically is a complete circle so any length is possible.

I love the plate option because it's easier for me to understand the progress I'm making. It's hard for me to estimate how much weight I'm using with bands. Some weeks I just very light weight for toning and other times I load it up as much as I can. The most I've used on it is 125 pounds, but I know IT can handle more, but I can't LOL!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.