Lip Balm Recommendations?

BAM

Cathlete
I was wondering if anyone has used a great lip balm that really moisturizes and heals dried lips. I've tried quite a few including Burt's Bees and am not having any luck. Some of them are actually drying my lips even more. Are there any that you can recommend? Thanks!

Bam

Acquaphor
Blistex (not the chap stick like variety)
Bag Balm
Carmex

These have worked well for me and for others that I know.

Aquafina - they make an oil and a stick. The oil works a bit better, but they both work really well. I get very dry lips which are not good fo schmoochin' I did learn not to leave the oil in the car console in the summertime, it gets a bit hot:eek::eek: I get it at Walgreens. I had this prob big time last winter. I tried the chapstick naturals, it felt and smelled really nice, but dried the heck out of my lips.

Nan

grannyjannyherbs.com

theres this stuff called green goop, made from calendula. it is miracle stuff! it comes in a small tub or chapstick form too.
we use it on any skin ailment you can think of. cuts, chapped lips, dry skin, wierd rashes....
fyi, nursing mommies - it heals cracked nipples amazingly well!:eek:
this stuff heals faster than neosporin and its all natural to boot!

Aquaphor healing ointment (the one I use is not a lip size container, it's just a tube), lizard lips balm

Wow! Thanks everyone for the great recommendations. I can't wait to try some of them. I actually have aquaphor and bag balm so I can try those immediately. I definitely want to find one in a tube for travelling. I put it on so often throughout the day. Chapstick soooooooooo dried my lips as well.

Thanks again!!!!!! :)

Bam

Lanolin. You can sometimes get it at a pharmacy. Pure, anhydrous lanolin. I get it by the jar (lasts forever), and fill up smaller screw-lid containers. I keep some in the kitchen, bathroom, purse, bedroom, etc.--just not the car because it's gets hard when cold and melts in the heat. It's a bit sticky but does wonders. I use Bert's Bees for everyday, but Lanolin is the only things that works for me on chapped lips. My kids would hate when I would put it on them--because of the stickiness--but now they ask for it when their lips get chapped.

Some people can be alergic, however, as it comes from sheep.

Sometimes you can find small tubes of it. Check the baby isle, because it's also sold as cracked nipple relief for nursing mothers.

Elsie

Softlips is good, and someone from work got me Ultra Mentha Lip Shine for Christmas. I think the trick that works best for me is to put it on right before bed, then my lips are pretty soft when I wake up.

Use the one with SPF 15 or up. I find they work better... don't know why. I like Daily Conditioning Treatment by Blistex (SPF 20). It's in a peachy little tub.

I am forever searching for the perfect lip balm. I use Aquaphor on my lips before I go to bed at night and before I leave for work in the morning. During the day, I like Chapstick Moisturizer:

http://www.chapstick.com/moisturizer/index.asp#lip

Softlips is good, too, but I don't like the skinny tube. I think it's a matter of trial and error. I used to use one for people who get cold sores (as I do), but they quit making it. Now I order the Chapstick Moisturizer from drugstore.com in bulk, practically. I also have it everywhere--in my office, in my purse, in my kitchen, in my bathroom....I can't live without lip balm.

anne

I'm not sure if this may help you but I use Softlips Pure. It's organic and paraben free and all that good stuff. I got a couple free after rebate so I was pretty happy to try it! It works nicely on me.

John Masters Organics, I absolutely love it! I use his skin care products as well and it's by far the best I have ever used!

Carmex (sticks). The mint flavor has SPF 30!

I use Carmex on my lips before I go to bed and my lips are all soft in the morning!

MC

Oh oh oh, pick me!! I have one I love -- discovered it on vacation in FL (Seaside), in a little bath and body boutique. Karite Lips (by "Mode de Vie"), a shea butter balm, with a little bit of flavor added. I use the vanilla. The trick is that it can be hard to find, though I think Whole Foods sometimes has it, and I've ordered it through Amazon. It's also a little pricey, but it's so moisturizing and yummy! I'm a product junkie, but this is one item I've been loyal to for years.

Have fun experimenting!
Allison

I'm so excited to have so many options. I tried the Aquaphor last night and tonight I'll try the Bag Balm. I'm going to look for the other ones in a tube as well. Thank you again everyone! Soon I'll have lips that won't exfoliate other people's skin! (Although that may not always be a bad thing.) :)

Bam

I love Palmers dark chocolate and mint lip butter. I'm suprised nobody else mentioned this one. It really keeps my lips moisturized. I find a lot of lip balms make my lips peel and flake but this one doesn't. And it smells yummy too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.