Limecat's Tuesday Poser

Ooooh I love this question--when I was in grad school for history we used to play this game all the time. I use it at parties a lot too. The most common answer has almost always been Jesus.

My answer is James Madison. I really want to pick his brain about what they REALLY intended with some of the stuff in the Constitution.

Ok

.. I would love to give my visit ofa sit down dinner to my friend to have w/his daughter that just died in a car crash ..

16 years old - only daughter - first day of school of her Sr. year - and wrecked not 5 miles from her house on her way to school .. no one knows what happened .. one car accident .. looks like she ran off the opposite side of the road and over corrected .. did a deer run out in front of her? Was she not paying attention?? did her brakes fail???

Her family is in agony over such a senseless and tragic loss .. I would love for them to have one more conversation with her ..

I'd like to have dinner with the Marchessa Luisa Casati. She would have crazy dinner parties in Venice where she would walk around naked with 2 leopards in diamond collars. She would also have wax dummies of herself seated at the table and she would talk to them and not her guests. Quite an amazing evening i could imagine... very interesting woman.

HMMM I will have to thinko on this for a few. Shelley while I do tell us who the one person is for you.

Terri

Oh man, it will be hard to limit myself to just one person!

I thought about Jesus but then, like Robin, I know I will see Him, and besides, He left us His word.

You know, little kitty, I didn't get my 3 wishes so I'll take them now:D

I'd like to dine with a few of our founding Mother's; Abigail Adams, Martha Washington, and Eliza Pinkney because they were intelligent, resourceful, and extremely courageous. They WERE the women behind the men;)

Hmmmmm...I'm going to have to say either Axl Rose or Franklin D Roosevelt. Or both at the same time...now THAT would be interesting!
Josie

My dear sister, Audrey. She died 3 years ago (unexpected) at 54. I miss her terribly and still have so many things to talk to her about.

Joanne

My grandfather. He was the only stable male figure in my life growing up and unfortunately he died when I was young. How I would love to have those precious moments back. I still miss him terribly.

Lea

I would love to have dinner with my very first love Jerry. I would love to tell him how much he meant to me and how he changed my life forever. I know that sounds corny, but he was truly a blessing in my life. We lost contact years ago. He was a much better boyfriend than I was ever a girlfriend.

Susan

My mom, who passed away 25 years ago this month.when I was only 20. She was not there for so many significant points of my life ( marriage, motherhood, etc.) and I would love to have the opportunity to talk with her as one woman to another. I often wondered how that would be.

Of course like many others, Jesus is one of the first ones to pop in my head, but I figure even if I had dinner with him and asked him all my questions, I have a feeling he wouldn't answer me directly anyway. He'll tell a parable and make me figure it out. And that's what the Bible is for and like others said, one day later we will meet him, so next person....

This is a hard question to answer because there are many, but if I had to choose one I would choose my husband's grandmother. She passed away right before we started dating. The reason is that he was really close to her and talks a lot about her. I feel that if I got to meet her and talk to her, I would get to know a whole different side of my husband and understand why she meant so much to him.

Or Toni Morrison. She just seems so confident and comfortable with life no matter what it brings and that would be a quality I'd love to have.

Lisa

Why, you of course, shellabellaboo.

Debbie

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.
--Family Guy

My niece, Maddie, who passed away one year ago last November. We would go for pizza and then shopping. I miss her terribly yet I know it is part of GOD's masterplan.

Wow Limecat - I've thought about this all day and can't make up my mind. So I'm going to pick my lovely husband.... he's gone during the week so our weekends are precious. To have a quiet, romantic dinner is a real treat.

Keep the questions coming! I started journaling recently and sometimes I get stuck and can't think of anything to write - so this gives me a place to start :)

I think I've pretty much decided on Carl Sagan for my ultimate answer to this question. If nothing else I would be fascinated from beginning to end. For once I might even forget to eat:)

Mattea

My mom's dad-he died when she was 12 so I never was able to meet him but from stories I was told as I was growing up he sure was a loving and caring man. My grandma was 52 when he died, my mom is an only child and they had her when they were 40, and she never remarried. She died at age 89 and I was holding her hand in the hospital as she took her last breath and her wedding ring was still on her wedding finger, she loved that man!

Good memories though but would've liked to have been able to meet him!

my friend dodji.

he was a physical therapist, and we worked together in tampa. he moved to hawaii, and i moved back to ny. a few years back,i was training for the honolulu marathon, when i had "routine" gynecological surgery.
i almost died in the surgery and had to tell him i wouldnt be doing the marathon that year. i promised i would do it the following year.

sadly, i suddenly stopped hearing from him. through a fellow therapist, i found out he went kyaking and went to look at the sites. he turned his back on the waves and was knocked over. he drowned.

i spoke to his family in the phillipines and asked them to say a prayer at his grave and tell him how much i will miss him.

i would like to tell him how much i still miss him.

suri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.