Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

I walked this morning and SBF LB barre.

Diane - I will pull IMAX2 out soon. I remember this one had great music. I used to put them off too. LOL!

I will try to be back later.

No workout today. I went for my doctors appointment and felt so drained by the time I got home. I had a cup of coffee and RX bar and was still tired( 5 hours sleep) so I went upstairs and laid down and napped for a bit. I feel better. Sore through the neck and shoulders today. That boxing workout was a bit long for me and intense even though I used care. Although I did manage to not get the knot in my shoulder blade and upper back area. Maybe doing the mobility work afterward helped some. I am making a peach pie and pumpkin tonight. I will get up tomorrow and do a workout and make a pot of stew for my husband before I head to my daughters or Thanksgiving. I got my flu shot out of the way. I still need to get my appointment for my mammogram sometime before the first. I also really need to get to my dentist. Maybe I should see if I can get in during Christmas vacation. I need to get busy on pies so I can get to bed sooner. Also need to cook myself some dinner. I bought some wild sock eye salmon. I hope the one from Whole Foods does not have all of the bones the one from Sprouts had. I only purchased once from Sprouts.

Belinda, I keep thinking that I should pull out some of those older workouts that I loved so much and revisit. I get drawn in to just doing the streaming workouts a lot lately. Nice that you got SBF LB barre and a walk in.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Today DD and I did another LatinSculpt class. So much fun!

Diane - I am debating if I want to do another month of Cathe Live or use my dvd's. Great job yesterday.

Have wonderful day today.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness dvd premix cardio with abs, 164 calories, heart rate 113/168, 3,167 steps,39 minutes. I am not sure how accurate that was as when I went to check the app my internet was off. It did not seem right because when I finished the final cardio segment and was breathing hard it said 87. I then did Cathe Live 323 legs express, 36 minutes, 116 calories, heart rate 105/133, 1,486 steps. I finished off with Perfect 30 extended stretch, 8 minutes, 12 calories. Total time was 83 minutes, 292 calories, 4,676 steps. I need to get my husbands dinner ready and lunch for work so I can go to my daughter's house.
Cathe Live Legs Express # 323 10,12,15# dbs, mat, and stability ball 36 minutes
warm up 7 minutes
lateral walk with 10's 4 left and 4 right steps
static lunge 15's 16 reps each
side to side sumo and pivot sumo 4 each 15# db
reverse lunge pulses 3 sets repeat other leg 15# dbs
squats 15# dbs 16 reps and deadlifts 15# dbs 16 reps repeat
forward back lunges 10# dbs 10 reps each leg
side lunge stand 15# db 12 reps each leg
wide stance deadlift 15# dbs and crossback lunge 8# dbs repeat
alternating front lunge 12# dbs 16 reps
sumo march turning 15# db
alternating rear lunge 12# dbs 16 reps
repeat sumos turning opposite direction 15# db
@ 24 minutes no weights get mat and stability ball
hamstring roll ins
ball toss and catch
ball squeezes
outer thigh lifts and circles
@ 33 minutes stretch using the ball

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Have a blessed day enjoying the things God has given!

Belinda, if I had not already signed up for 6 months of Cathe Live I would probably go with the dvds. I have this guilt thing when I pay for streaming service and then feel I need to make use of it. I may pull out one of those Cathe workouts this week.. I am probably going to have to miss Wednesday next week since I have the arthritis appointment.

Good morning,

I did SBF UB Circuit and Mind Body Glutes. Workout time was 51 min.

I will go for a walk later.

Diane - I also feel guilty. That's why it took me so long to sign up for CL. It's a nice change. I probably will go back to my dvd's once my subscription runs out. I love my SBF subscription. I can't beat $5 a month. I love her stretching workouts. Hope your appointment goes well on Wednesday.

Doreen - how are you doing?

What did you all for Black Friday? Any DVD's/subscriptons/ equipments? I am still holding out until Monday. BBL!

Today I did Cathe Step Blast, 60 minutes, 300 calories, heart rate 120/157, 5,677 steps. I added a bit to it to get 300 calories as the workout length is 55 minutes :) This was a lot of fun,going back to one of the older workouts. I did have to be careful on some of the quick turns because there was a point where my right knee hurt. It let up after I modified some of the turns and twists back and forth across the step.
I then did Perfect 30 Yoga Flow Strength and Flexibility stretch timesacer, 21 minutes, 28 calories, 88 steps. Total time was 81 minutes, 328 calories, 5,765 steps.

Belinda, I would probably be happy to keep the SBF if only for the stretching with that cost.

Hi everyone,

CL# 288 Hocked on PHA is done. I am starting STS next week. Have to modify the LB.

Diane - I thought about canceling my SBF membership in Oct, decided to keep it another year. I really can't beat that price. I will go through my Cathe dvd's next week, can't wait. Do you have STS? Great job yesterday.

Doreen - what did you buy for Black Friday?

Have a wonderful day and weekend.

I am so sore tonight. I did my workout and then went outside with the leaf vacuum to clean up leaves and sweep the walkway. I think every joint hurts.
Workout was Cathe Live #300 Meatabolic 300, 52 minutes, Fit bit was so off as heart rate was 115/205, 155 calories, 1,650 steps. I then did Cathe Live #237 Step Sweat and Lift step cardio portion only, 23 minutes, heart rate 118/139, 108 calories, 2,241 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw strength day 4 stretch stopping at the down dog segment, 25 minutes(I think it was close to the foam roller portion), heart rate 80/99, 23 calories, 17 steps. Total time was 1 hour 40 minutes, 286 calories, 3,908 steps. I shut the Fitbit down before starting and did the sync with my phone checking settings. I was hoping it would work better, but no such luck. Part of the time there was no reading at all. There was the one peak that it seemed to go to after blanking to adjust. Even the step intervals were lower than they should have been. They went up after I moved the watch around.

Live Metabolic #300, 49 steps , 30 exercises done as 110 reps Step with 3 risers and various weights
rear lunge/curl/press 10# dbs
sit curl/stand curl 10# dbs
sumo/side/hop 3 alternating
cross back lunge right/left/2 reps upright row 12# dbs
squat/press/ open/pull down10# dbs
push up/knee in
pull over /leg extension(suggested 15's or 20's) I used 10's
close grip bench press/bench press 15# dd (Cathe 20's)
1 arm tripod 20# db (I did most of these in the lunge stance rather than balancing)
squat/jump together/ press to overhead triceps extension 12# dbs
reverse lunge/curl/twist twice then repeat other side10# dbs
lunge/ knee up, lateral raise alternating5# dbs
side plan/adduction/delt raise 5# db each side counts as one of the 30 exercises
down dog triceps push ups
2 triceps dips leg extend and reach for toe alternating
core/biceps curls on mat 10# dbs
crossover push ups
sumo squat/deadlift 20# dbs
step back lunge/reverse fly 12# dbs
front lunge/ curl/ front raise15# db
side lunge alternating/ stand biceps curls hammer and front curl 12# dbs
single leg dead/side lateral raise 2x 5# dbs can use 8's
double arm row/hip hinge row 20# dbs
mat
monster walks
plank knee under/out/under alternating
bear crawl/ press
crab kicks without kicking out
hands and knees leg lift/partial tricep push up
short cardio finisher

Belinda, yes, I have all of the STS workouts. I have not done them in a long time. When I do it is just generally getting out the STS 4 Total Body and using that one. I have all of the shock cardio series as well. I used to be able to go really heavy with that series, but I would have to go way down from where I used to be. You have a good price for SB so I can see why you decided to keep it. Is she adding many more new workouts?

Good evening,

I did SBF Relaxation stretch = 20 min + CL 291 Legs and Core down on the floor today. We also walked on the trail today.

Diane - I think you can still get a great workout in with STS using lighter weights. M1 and M2 isn't any different than any of Cathe's other weight workouts. I am going to try to modify as much as I can. I am not a big fan of Shock Cardio except the HiiT workouts. Great job yesterday.

Good night.

Reactions: WD
Belinda - I thought SBF was not posting new workouts and you were going to quit it? I must be thinking of a different instructor.

The only Black Friday I bought was the year subscription to GHUTV with Chris Freytag. For $20 I should get some good use out of it.

Good work on starting STS again. I should pull it out - but a little bit of dread factor for me - and I haven't been good at sticking to a program in a long time.

We went hiking last Friday - 5 miles and I thought we weren't going to get back before dark! The sun went down behind the ridge with about 2.5 miles left and it got cold!!!

Good morning,

Today I did P30 Low Impact Hiit. Really like this one.

Doreen - I have done GHUTV with Chris. Really liked some of the workouts. Very cheap. Enjoy. I was going to cancel my SBF subscription in Oct, she started explaining why she hasn't posted any new workouts. Than she started posting new workouts. I do like her workouts a lot if she keeps it up with new workouts I am happy. I been doing her workouts regularly since Oct :) Maybe I just needed a break. Well, I bought a lot of Cathe gear this BL. You did good with only GHUTV :)

Today is my 37th wedding anniversary!

Have a wonderful day and workout.

Belinda- Happy Anniversary!! Hope you have a special day!

Why had SBF not posted new workouts?

I did end up last minute last night buying one more PDF program from Jill Fit - #FastPhysique. I've talked myself out of it each time it went on sale for the past 3 years and finally decided to go for it and see if I like any of the workouts for days I want to workout on my own.

Doreen - thank you! SB talked about injuries and she would let us know soon. She posted a few workouts after a few people said something. Lately Susanne is adding workouts with another barre instructor which I really enjoy. Enjoy your PDF programs from Jill Fit.

Today my workout was split. I was getting so irritated with my Fit Bit. I did Body Max 2 cardio premix for 24 minutes ( I had to stop for zoom class) 24 minutes, 102/131 heart rate, 98 calories, 2,335 steps. It was just not getting my heart rate up till at the last when I undid my Fit bit and put it back on. I got my grandson downstairs for zoom and it was not working so we went on to do work, then the teacher messaged that she was doing it at 10. I went back and did 4 Day Split Higher Intensity Cardio, 33 minutes, 116/150 heart rate, 2,854 steps 142 calories. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw abs finisher, 9 minutes, 43 calories, heart rate 102/134. Total time was 76 minutes, 283 calories, 5,540 steps.
I had an arthritis appointment tomorrow, but changed it to the end of the month. That way school is out, plus I am coughing and sneezing and allergies are bad since the heat has started running.

Belinda, I probably could get in a good workout with STS and lighter weights. It has been about 8 years since I have done a rotation with it. In fact I had started just before I had the torn miniscus that stopped the lower body work. I migrated to upper body from the X train series after that. Nice workouts using SBF and STS. The walk sounds nice as well. I am glad that SB is putting in more workouts and has someone else to help out.

Doreen, the time change sure makes evenings difficult because it gets dark so early. I bet it was pretty cold where you were at when the sun went down.

Hi everyone,

I had an ENT appointment this morning. I was very sad when I came out of the ENT. She said I have PR on my right ear as well :( I have to call to make an appointment for a scan on my sinus, first they want to do a scan than an MRI. She wants me to get a 45 min audiology test and schedule other tests. I have an appointment with my Rheumatologist soon.

STS D2 is done!

Diane - thank you! That's a long time you have done STS. I wouldn't squat what I did a few years ago, my knees couldn't handle it. Sorry about your allergies. Hope you feel better soon.

Doreen - thank you!

Sorry, I will catch up on personal tomorrow. I had a long day.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw heavy bag Cardio. This was a lot of fun and the music was fun. I get a kick out of Kelly when she wants to dance to the music. I like that she has different heavy bag workouts. I almost did the Heavy Bag Arms one, but then when I checked out the start she does triceps, heavy bag, shoulders, heavy bag, then biceps and I think another heavy bag segment. I may have been okay, but thought since I did the heavy bag lower one Monday I decided to wait. I have have been doing pretty well this week with the neck and shoulders, but then I have not been on the computer for lengthy times. Too much to do. The heavy bag cardio was 48 minutes, 230 calories, heart rate 125/163, 3,775 steps. I finished with Perfect 30 mobility strength timesaver 10 minutes, 13 calories, 88/141 which was a crazy blip otherwise it was 105, 17 steps. Total time was 58 minutes, 247 calories, 3,792 steps.

Belinda, I hope things are not too overwhelming. Are you having hearing problems? My knees could never handle what I used to lift for squats. Neither could my shoulders as I used to lift 80-85# on my shoulders. I lowered a bit after one time getting it up and having to twist in crazy positions to get the bar back off my shoulders.

How difficult it is to force yourself to do something when it is already wintering outside. It is terrible. I usually have enough for 60 minutes of training, then I get tired and relaxed, I can't even do squats properly. How do you cope with it? I've taken more breaks, but I still get tired quickly. Probably it depends on your endurance.

Hi everyone,

All I did today is SBF Adv. Barre w/ball + Lower Back back body Target and Barre Hiit. I also went for a walk with my son and DIL.

Diane - I was very overwhelmed after the ENT. I wasn't expecting the stuff she said :( I have an appointment with my Rheumatologist on the 16 Dec. He doesn't try to scare me, he's positive attitude. WOW, on the weights you lifted on your shoulder. I never lifted that heavy on my shoulders, squats yes. I have a squat rack makes it easy to a lift heavy BB over my shoulders. Nice job on the heavy bag cardio yesterday. How long are KCM workouts? I assume 30 min?

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Good morning,

STS W1 D3 legs plus SBF 21 Day Countdown to Christmas D5 Christmas upper body = 15 min + Christmas Express Stretch = 12 min is done.

Have a great Friday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.