Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Walk Strong 3 Upper weights each group is done twice ending with an overall group lighter twice. Suggested weights light 2-8, medium 8-15, heavy 10-25. I really can't imagine 25 for these moves even though some are done pretty slowly. There are really not any rests, just keeps moving. I will like that when I have the workout and weights figured out. It took me an additional 13 minutes to adjust weights and write things down.
warm up
lying hold light dumbbell like a goblet in hand 5# shoulder retraction reps (didn't count)
flip over 1 arm extended lift
this was to get the shoulders prepared for work
group 1
push ups kneeling
chest press 15# lowered second round to 10's (hurt my shoulder)
hip hinge single dead lift 8 slow reps 15# dbs
bent over in lunge row 8 reps underhand 15# dbs
repeat last two moves on other leg then repeat the whole sequence
group 2
biceps curls 12# dbs 12 reps
kickback/lift straight back 12# dbs 8 reps
shoulder press 10# dbs 1st set 2nd 8's 3ct 12 reps
repeat
group 3 lighter weights
shoulder overhead/side raise 1 arm 5# dbs 16 reps switch
side to side step biceps curls 10# dbs 16 reps
bent over lunge position triceps kickbacks simultaneous 8 reps 10# dbs turn opposite direction and repeat
repeat sequence
group 4
floor with mat
chest fly knee in crunch 5# dbs 16 reps
abs bridge dip kick out 1 leg 16 reps
on hands and knees 1 arm opposite leg extended row 5# 16 reps
back extension just upper squeeze shoulders back 8 reps
prone on elbows dolphin plank
single side bicycle oblique crunch 12 reps

Doreen, do you purchase the workouts on Purple Player or is there a way to put your downloads there? I rather like the way some are when I purchase on Amazon Prime and can purchase by each workout session rather than like 3 workouts on one. I can then do short or string them. All of theirs are not like that though, but Boost Your Metabolism and the Gentle Yoga were. The Walk Strong 4 mile one is all in one, but not hard to figure points when each is 15 minutes. I know you are better at putting together workouts and using downloads than I am. Nice little finisher that you put together.

Belinda, great idea to be able to share with your daughter. I am so glad Doreen shared with me. That way I can see how they are before I purchase the workouts. Nice work on STS again.

Diane - if you want to buy Jessica's WS3 you have to buy the entire set. Neither on purple player or her on her website she offers each workout session. She wants you to buy the entire set. Jessica doesn't offer WS3 on Amazon. Not sure why? I am glad I got the set.

Reactions: WD
Diane - Belinda is correct - It was a bundle purchase. The Walk Strong 2 (I think I have on there) I was able to purchase separately. There is no way that I am aware of to put my downloads there if they are not purchased via the Purple store.

This morning I did Ripped and Ride Oct 2019. I did the workout up to the stretch and then rewound and did the first 2 weight/cardio rounds for a bit of a longer workout. I like this one. I like the kneeling one arm rows.

This morning I did Walk Strong 3 Lower Body 31 minutes, heart rate 93/120, 61 calories, 621 steps. I then did WS3 Boogie it, 30 minutes, heart rate 122/160, 146 calories, 2,929 steps and WS3 Barefoot Cardio Core, 32 minutes, heart rate 112/140, 136 calories, 2,296 calories. Total time 93 minutes, 5,846 steps 343 calories.
I was on the fence about doing the Bookie workout since I had read a reviewer on Amazon that said they did not like it much and then when I started she said it has agility drills in it. I liked it and I generally do not care for agility work like Cathe and Beach Body has had. It was not hard complicated agility work. Just some switching turns and stuff that you had to think a bit about. I thought the weight work would have been more calories than that since it does have a little cardio based movement in it and uses the small step platform with risers or not using one. I used it with 1 riser after starting with 2 on the warm up and decided when I previewed I should probably go lower if I wanted to use heavier weights. With Barefoot Core they use a playground ball. I used a 5 lb soft med ball for some of it when they are not doing overhead moves.
Lower Body
Suggests 3 sets of dumbbells light, medium, heavy just like upper depending on fitness level. I used 15# dbs throughout on weight moves. They have a modifier doing it without the step, Jessica, and another doing the more intense version
group 1
squat off side of step ,lunge back off step, then squat and lunge alternating 15# dbs I believe each is around 16 reps
single leg deadlift 15's
break is standing hamstring curl and hip lifts all on right then all on left then alternating both
repeat all moves on the other side
Group 2
goblet squat 16 reps 15# db (could have went heavier but worried about tension on my shoulder)
side lunge/ lateral leg lift 1 dumbbell 15# 8 reps right and 8 left
break is speed skate 8 on each side
repeat all on other side
Group 3
balance on 1 foot toe tap off to side of step not touching down 15# dbs 16 reps
plie on toes weights on thighs move to standing repeat 15# dbs 16 reps
repeat on other side
Group 4 floor mat
bridge lift walk out on heels and back 3 or 4 times
star side plank lifting 1 arm up and raising leg and hip
repeat on other side

Belinda, I know that Amazon only offers Walk Strong 3 as a dvd set. That is the only reason I have been hesitant to purchase. They do not offer all as downloads of 1 segment at a time. I just was able to do that with Boost your Metabolism, Gentle Yoga, and the Build Balance and Strength workouts. I have only purchased the lower body in the Metabolism set so far. I think I would like having the set on dvd anyway. Just easier to navigate.

Doreen, I did not know there was a purple store, but I have not really looked closely at my app. I guess I really do not know what it does. I thought it would be sort of like VHX tv was. I saw that you have the Boost your Metabolism set and another on the Purple Player.

I did the #288 Hooked on PHA this morning. I really enjoyed this one. Some moves from the latest DVD - at least one move I have never seen her do before and snatches (my favorite). Very metabolic because some of the moves were almost cardio moves.

Diane - I know that Kelly, Michelle Dozios and Jessica Smith have workout videos on the Purple Player store. If you buy their downloads that's how they deliver them.

Today I did Walk Strong 3 Cardio Interval Sculpt using 5 and 8 # dumbbells, 93 calories, 32 minutes, 99/135 heart rate, 1,198 steps. This was a bit much for my shoulder today. Too much overhead stuff and the floor stuff was rough. That will have to wait awhile for doing again. I Then did Walk on fast fat blasts ( a free workout I think) 84 calories, 15 minutes, heart rate 129/152, 1,646 steps. I followed this with the WS3 add on abs, 16 minutes, heart rate 85/102, 19 calories, 99 steps and finished with WS3 yoga stretch stopping after the standing portion, 18 minutes, 22 calories, 68 steps, heart rate 86/104. Total time was 81 minutes, 218 calories, 2,844 steps.
I have not purchased Walk Strong 3 yet. A friend loaned me hers for a couple of weeks. I will probably purchase soon though. I think it would be a good addition to what I have. I liked the upper and lower strength workouts a lot. Everything I have done is good other than I need to watch the shoulders in the one I did today.
I ordered groceries delivered from Walmart last night. They are supposed to arrive today. It seems most items were available. I guess I will know for sure when they arrive. I ordered Aquafina Water Packs and they showed available. There were a few unavailable things like regular Spam. Yes, I buy Spam for my husband, but the smoke flavored was available. Maybe most people know there are different flavors??
I am hoping to get out and do my own shopping after I get the stitches out Wednesday. Hopefully it looks better though. I gather this can take up to 6 months of longer for scars and everything to not show. My left eye looks better than the right and it had the most bruising around it. Right is still swollen.

Doreen, I will have to look more at the Purple Player platform. You can't watch that on television can you?

Today I did STS D12 legs. It was my last workout in M1. Next week I take my recovery week and see how my knees feel.

Great job on your workouts today.

I took my son to the grocery store last night. He was floored by how empty the shelves were - taking pictures of the empty shelves of bread, paper supplies, milk etc.... He's like "what is this!?" I told him he was living through history as we wait this one out! He's never been in a hurricane prep mode! Everything continues to cancel! Church is online for the next 3 weekends. Crazy!

This morning I did #287 Kickboxing and LI hiit. But after 30 minutes or so of Kickboxing she was going to move to LI hiit and I wasn't feeling it.... so I switched and did 30 minutes of Step Express Live instead.

Today I did Zumba. Needed something fun.

Doreen - I went to the grocery store today, they were out of a lot of stuff.

Great job, everyone.

Today I did some more Walk Strong 3 workouts. Not many calories though, but much more work than one would think. I did Tone and Flow which I really liked as it kept moving, I used 5# dumbbells, 32 minutes, heart rate 86/124, 74 calories, 1,049 steps. I followed with Barre Sculpt and was really surprised at how different it was since she incorporates dumbbells (I used 5#) and a play ball or pilates ball, heart rate 90/126, 31 minutes, 62 calories, 787 steps. I finished off with the floor portion of Yoga Stretch, 13 minutes, 14 calories, 82/99 heart rate and the 15 minute Total stretch which I added a bit to so was 18 minutes, 75/85 heart rate, 17 calories, 19 steps. Total time today was 94 minutes, 169 calories, 1,869 steps.

Doreen, I haven't been out yet, but I have heard enough. My granddaughter took pictures at Sams of no toilet paper and stuff. I guess some of us have lived through some crazy stuff as we are older. I remember odd even gas lines and angry people when we lived in California when my two older children were babies. Beef shortage when the stores started marketing meat extender for ground beef. These things happen. Our children do not have a clue what it is like when things like this happen.

Belinda, I guess we were posting at the same time. We are supposed to be getting a text from Walmart to pick up our order sometime in the next hour. I hope that I get all of my stuff. Good for you finding a workout that is fun to do.

Diane - I hope you get everything you ordered. Our grocery stores are out of a lot of things. Can't find toilet paper anywhere, lol. They also put a limit on water. Our water is contaminated we have no choice but to buy water. Glad you enjoy the WS3.

Belinda, I hope you can continue to get water. I did not get the two packs of water I ordered or toilet paper along with about half my order. Even the lean ground beef was not available. I had planned on making chili and I didn't get the chile beans. If I was doing the shopping myself I would have just looked for beans to make my own sauce with it. Now I come home and my refrigerator says to replace the water filter. I hope I can find one. I think most of the aftermarket ones on Amazon come from China. I may be paying a lot for a Fridgidaire one. If they have them.

I've also been asked to WFH to minimize the numbers in the office. We'll see how that goes.

This morning I did Strength and Stamina workout one followed by a mini-band finished circuit I say on Instagram.

Good morning,

I pulled out Cize, did the first workout. It was a lot of fun. I still had to modify some of the moves.Loved it.

Diane - I hope I will still continue to buy water too. Hopefully they will fix our drinking water. I hate all the plastic bottles too. They sure add up. Costco was completely out of ground beef. I ended up buying turkey instead. At least I got something. Not sure what is going on with people stockpiling everything? Why don't they buy what they need and leave some for the rest? You may find a water filter at Home Depot. At this point I wouldn't care if it's a few more dollars. Have you looked on Costco online for things you need? They out of toilet paper/wipes and hand sanitizer. They had plenty of chili beans in our Costco. I am glad Costco, Target and other places put a limit on items. This is crazy!

BBL

I went ahead and used some of the short Walk Strong 3 workouts strung together. Streamline Sculpt, 16 minutes,88/135 heart rate, 39 calories, 416 steps. I used 10# dumbbell for most and a 5 for overhead movements as she moves pretty quickly for some of these moves. I cannot see anyone doing some of her weight stuff with the maximum weight she has listed and the pace. I then did Total Body (short) 15 minutes, 51 calories, heart rate 105/128, 715 steps. Finished off with Total Body stretch, 18 minutes, 20 calories, 40 steps, heart rate 82/107. Total time was 49 minutes, 110 calories, 1,171 steps.

Doreen, I hope working from home works out well for you.

Belinda, I hope that you can find water too. You really do need it. Yes, I will take most any water filter right now. Walmart is now limiting items when ordering. I wonder if they are doing that in the stores as well. You know, I thought if this clears up soon, the stores will be restocked and a lot of people will not need to go to the store because they hogged up all of that stuff.

Hi everyone,

Today I did Barlates Yoga Fusion Barre Mat.

Diane - me too :) Our water company will conduct another test. Hopefully our water will be drinkable soon. I agree, on the store limiting people for stockpiling things. Like I said, I don't keep a lot of anything anymore. I probably should stock up on TB and other stuff. You never know. Lessons learned. I hope you are right about people have no need to run to the stores.

Stay safe guys!

Well- one plus to this whole thing might be all the free workouts everyone is offering! If only I had time to do them. Pelton is offering 90 days free trial so I signed up for that. This morning I did a 30 minute leg and glute workout. I'm not sure I like the video - its done in a dark studio so you can only see the instructor. There are live participants but they are surrounding the instructor in the dark so you really can't see them. It was kinda odd and hard to see sometimes. But his mobility warm up and the workout was good - tough! Then I did a class that focused entirely on the turkish get up. All the warmup moves focused on activating some part of the TGU and then she did a circuit including get ups. It was tough as well!

Bitgym is also offering a free subscription to their app (this is the guided biking, hiking, running app)

Several trainers online are also sending workouts and live workouts out via instagram or facebooks as well!

Hi everyone,

I did a light walk this morning. I twisted my knee somehow last night, can't hardly walk plus I am in a lot of pain. Aww...if it's not one thing it's another. I will relax this afternoon, maybe I will do a light stretch later.

It's nice for everyone to offer free workouts, I wished things would get to normal.
BBL!

Yesterday was a rest day and I got the stitches out of my eyelids. It feels so much better. My eye doctor says I can use some makeup to cover. I am guess he does not mean eye shadow as I read on some other surgeons protocol that before 2 to 3 weeks depending on healing, eye shadow and liner can get into the creases of the incision and tattoo the incision. I guess I am isolated, I will leave it off for awhile. Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Step Jam, 32 minutes, 162 calories, heart rate 124/145. 3,441 steps and used two risers on the high step. I then did Walk Strong 3: Metabolic Conditioning, using a step with 3 risers, 31 minutes, 1,341 steps, 140 calories. This felt pretty aerobic and did compound moves throughout using the step for most of it. Total time was 61 minutes, 302 calories, 4,782 steps.

Belinda, I really wish things were normal and the security of normal was back. Hopefully it gets back to normal and we all learn something from it. Take care of that knee. It is odd how we can so easily injure ourselves.

Doreen, great that you are finding more free streaming offers.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.