Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hi everyone,

I couldn't decide on what to do today, I ended up doing BodyFit by Amy Live 35-Minute Holiday Hiit Kickoff Workout = 35 min. She used kettlebells in this one, I hardly use mine. The workout was perfect today.

Diane - I am so sorry you are still having so much problems with your shoulder. Great job, on looking for a PT. Hopefully you get some relieve soon. We never had a doggie door for your dogs. I am sure eventually he will catch on. Hope you had a great TG too. Ours was great.

Have a great evening.

Belinda, nice work today. It really is amazing how many instructors have workouts on youtube . Last night and today Kermit started using the doggie door on his own. He still will stop occasionally and want me to come and coax him through. He sees Gertie go out and he wants to go out and play. They will be back to pick him up tomorrow. He is a sweet dog. I had covered the leather couch because he gets on furniture at their house and we never allow Gertie to do that. He did not even try to get on the furniture. Last night it was cute when I looked over at him and both of them were laying on Gerties big bed cuddled up together. This is the first time we have ever had a doggie door. We probably would not have one if this one was not already in the house. It is kind of nice though as Gertie always had a habit of waiting till I sat down to eat or read and decide to pester me to go outside. We had a quiet Thanksgiving. I had lots of texts though from my brother and ladies group friends along with family members.

Hi everyone,

Today I did yoga plus yoga abs with DD. We also went for a nice walk at the river.

Diane - it is amazing how many amazing instructors have workouts on YouTube. I guess, covid has something to do. Your dogs will get used to the doggie door. I would be afraid something else like a wild animal would come into the house, lol. I wouldn't get one for Sadie. We have to make sure she wouldn't get picked up by a Hawk. Glad your dogs cuddle together. Glad you had a great TG with your family and friend.

Good night.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Body Fit by Amy D2 32 Minute No Repeat Dumbbell HIIT is done.

Diane - resting is good. I hope you feel better soon. When is your Appointment with the doctor?

I have to get ready for PT. BBL

Belinda, nice work with Fit BY Amy D2. I go to my primary care Thursday and meet with the Orthopedic doctor the 8th. I don't want to go to the primary. So many weird things are going on with me since this shoulder tear and worried they are going to find something else.

HI everyone,

I did Amy's D3 30 Minute Cardio Pyramid Stack Workout is done. The CT scan called while I was working out, a lot of people canceled today. They want me to try to come in early.

Diane - what makes you think they find something else? I would wait until you see the Orthopedic doctor. r. Good luck on the 8th. Give yourself the rest you need. Don't overdue your workouts.

I will try to catch up later.

I went for my yearly check up today. I got my last pneumonia vaccine today. We updated a lot of stuff and I made a copy of all of my stuff from the rheumatologist and gave that to her and she copied it so she could put it in my files. She wants me to get a bone scan when I go get my mammogram next month(hopefully that works) I have been going to the same place for a lot of years for all of that.
I set up the online charts for the orthopedic center and their health center yesterday and today was able to fill out all of my check in stuff for next week and put pictures of my insurance cars on it. This is so much better than filling out tons of paper work when I get there. 6 days till I go to the orthopedic surgeon. My elbow hurts so much today when I try to straighten my arm. I really need to get some cardio in.

Belinda, I am having high blood pressure lately for these check ups. I forget sometimes that my heart doctor says I have a leaky heart valve which can be a problem. It is another thing that RA does in causing artery plaque, so is problematic. I think that I see my heart doctor February. He mentioned another ultrasound on my last visit. Then there is the soreness along the sternum and bones around my breast which concerns me. It seems to be lightening up though so maybe part of the flare up I am experiencing everywhere. I could use the cardio for my heart so may try to at least get on the spin bike. I need some energy back. My doctor was concerned with the blood pressure today. Her assistant took it first. Then my doctor took it two times using two different blood pressure devices. I know I am deficient on potassium when I do my fitness pal. I have started drinking some orange juice which gives me some. I keep sodium down and rarely add it to my meals.

Hi everyone,

Today I did BodyFit by Amy Live 35-Minute Dumbbell HIIT Workout. Lots of mobility thrown in there.
She didn't posted the workout until late this afternoon. Great workout.

Diane - I hope your doctors find out soon what is causing all your problems. Hang in their my friend.

Have a great evening.

I was going to do the tread climber this afternoon, but my shoulder started throbbing and so I sat in the recliner and read. My shoulder keeps snapping when I move it and that causes more pain.

Belinda, nice work today. I have appointments set ahead for my cardiovascular doctor in March and January mammogram. I still have to get an appointment for my field vision test, as the arthritis center keeps reminding me. I was just hoping to find out what I am doing with this shoulder before I schedule something else. I also have another Pulmonolgist appointment scheduled, but I think it is spring as they are expanding the time between visits to monitor the lung nodules. I am sure the orthopedic visits will be more than one before I am done with them. Rheumatologist has started scheduling every 3 months instead of 6. I do not like going to doctors, but I guess I do not have a choice. I am sure you know how that is.

Good evening,

We took a walk outside today. It was very cold.

Tomorrow we drop off DS at the Airport. I will be back tomorrow.

Diane - sounds like you got all your appointments schedule. I just go whenever I get an appointment. I have appointments from now to Jan. I will sent you a pm tomorrow. I need to ask you something.

I will be back tomorrow. Good night

Hi everyone,

I just got my workouts in. We dropped off DS at the airpot this afternoon. When we got home, DH and I went for a walk outside. I also did SBF D1 of the Christmas Challenge (Intermediate/Advanced) LB Barre 3 = 37 min. Than I did Fit by Amy D7 30 Minute Dumbbell Full Body Core HIIT. I like her workouts, she always shows modifications.

How are you doing Diane? Rest up.

Good night.

No workouts. I had so much pain yesterday and all night last night. I am taking more Advil than I want too. Two days till my appointment. Typing on the computer hurts for some reason. Even just moving the mouse a little. So a few minutes at a time is all I can do. I got groceries delivered from Walmart and some things were missing. My husband took me to Dollar General when he got up to pick up some of it. Thankfully they carry fruits and vegetables so I was able to get avocados and salad that I needed and forgot. My husband eats sausage a lot and Walmart did not have it and neither did Dollar General. I would not have thought that would be something sold out. He bought fast food for dinner. I really need to be able to work out. My shoulder feels like muscles or something are moving or sort of jumping even if I am lying still. That made my shoulder hurt even with my elevated pillow last night. Still doing it today.

Belinda, I don't see a PM yet. Glad you are getting good workouts in. I hope you enjoyed time with your son. Nice that you and your husband went for a walk together.

Hi,

I did SBF D2 Arms and Upper Body + Advanced Upper Body Core = 22 min. I also did Amy's 35 Minute Cardio Core Pyramid Workout for Strength, Cardio & Core. This one was very fun. Loved it.

Diane - I hope you get some answers tomorrow. Good luck. I had a few appointment today. I will sent you a pm tomorrow.

Good night.

I am back from the orthopedic doctor. My son in law took me and when I came out, bless his heart, he had a cup of Black Rifle coffee waiting for me :) My option was to have another injection and try physical therapy that did not work before or surgery. So, I am getting the surgery. I do not want to prolong the pain. He said 6 to 9 months for complete healing from the surgery. I will have to wear some apparatus for 6 weeks post surgery. I may be doing some PT. He said it will get rid of the pain caused by the tear, but not the pain that is from the arthritis that is there. There is arthritis on the top of the shoulder and in front.
I have to wait now for the lady that schedules the surgeries to call as she is not in today. They gave me the pre op instructions. They also took some x rays as well today. Pretty quick and efficient. I had to finish filling out paperwork after the appointment. I cannot believe there was so much and I asked if I had to fill all of it out as I had done some of that on the website. They had me do it anyway. Shoulder is hurting worse. after him having me move it around and putting pressure on it. Then the x ray.

Belinda, I hope that your appointments go well. I am a bit apprehensive about the surgery and surgeon are downtown area of the city. No way am I going there by myself. So many one way streets, congestion and the trolly or whatever you call it. Someone else is going to have to take me for appointments after and tests the day before surgery. My son in law said he could take me.

Hi everyone.

SBF D4 Feel Good Cardio DVD Segment = 15 min + Amy's D10 32 Minute Pilates HIIT Workout for Core & Cardio + walk is done.

Diane - glad your son in law took you to your Appointment. Praying for you.

Good night.

Hi everyone,

I walked outside and did Amy's D11 30 Minute Dumbbell Pyramid HIIT Workout. Today was a rest day from SBF.

Diane - praying for you my friend. How are you feeling today?

Good night.

Belinda, I do not know why, but I keep having my hip hurting. It seemed to go away and then yesterday it came back. I iced and took Tylenol last night. Today I did stretching to help loosen it up. I do generally have problems with the hip flexors on that side and make sure I stretch a lot. I did remember yesterday when I was thinking about getting my appointment set for the bone density test, that the last two times it was because they were monitoring a stress fracture in my mid back and the last time (3 years ago) they said there was one in my hip, so maybe that has something to do with it. When this first started with the shoulder I was having all kinds of joint pain, feet, hands, elbows etc. Hopefully I do not have to address something else or change meds. If it was not for the hip this morning I had planned on trying some sort of mild cardio. No calls to set up the surgery yet. The name on the pre-op says Kendra on it and I think that is who is supposed to call. I guess now it will be hopefully Monday...... Also I stopped some of the supplements that I take that really help with the joint pain and inflammation anticipating surgery, so that may be having some effect on the joints.
Nice workout today. Thanks for your prayers.

Hi everyone,

We had a power outage last night which lasted until after midnight. As soon as, we lid up a candle in the kitchen all our smoke alarms were set off. Not matter what we tired they didn't stop. The security stytem we have advised us to leave the house in case of of a gas leak. She also mention taking all the pets out of the house which I though was cool. Not that I would have left Sadie in the house. Poor thing! The fire department came to the house very quickly. Of course, they the guy didn't wear a mask. We gladly gave him one. Than another lady came from the fire department. I ask her before she enter my house to please put on a mask. I am not taking any risk. I am sure they all fully vaccinated, breakthroughs are happening. They were very nice and professional which I appreciate it. Turns out one of the upper bedrooms, the smoke alarm set off a chain reaction. Probably dust got into the smoke alarm. We never had this happened. After they clear they house, DH disinfected the house house. Sadie and I stayed in our car until all was safe for me to return safely. My immune system is completely down at the moment with all the steroid I am one. I am on a high does of the next 60 day's. Not good for my immune system :(

Today we took Sadie to the groomer, her hair around her eye were too long. Once we arrived nobody was wearing mask. There was a huge sign before entering you have to wear a mask. I ask the young girl if she would wear a mask handling my dog. I explained to her that I am immune compromised. Short story short, she came back putting on a mask. WTH? I wasn't comfy leaving Sadie with the groomer knowing no one is wearing mask. The groomer is also in the same building as the vet we taking all our dog. I always felt very safe taking my dogs to the vet. We left Sadie with the groomer, at the same time we call the clinic about the covid policy. The lady told us it was company policy for all (even the groomer/boding to wear mask at all time. We ask her to walk to the groomers to see if they wear mask. She told us that the girls had not wearing mask the proper way. She ask her to wear her mask round noise not their chins. What is this going to do? Nothing! I hope from now on the staff also will wear mask. I was very upset about what happened. Even if you fully vaccinated you still can get someone covid. No wonder the so many people getting infected. I hope to get a call from the manager tomorrow.

Diane. - how are you doing? You don't seem to get a break. I am so sorry you are dealing with so many issues. Hopefully the surgery will get help you. They usually don't want. you on any kind of meds that will interfere with the surgery. My husband had couldn't take any of his meds, he was in a lot of pain. I will keep you in my prayers.

Good night.

Friday and Saturday I did stretching as my hip has been hurting again along with the shoulder. Neck is hurting as well. I did 21 minutes of mild cardio moves low impact on Saturday to warm up for stretching. My big mistake was coloring my hair. Parting off and doing the roots ended up causing me loads of pain that I finally gave in and took Advil for as Tylenol does nothing. Besides they still have not called and the pre-op says no Advil, Aleve etc for 1 week prior to surgery. I decided I was not spending the whole weekend in excruciating pain. We went to my daughter's for family Christmas gathering and gift exchange. Also did a white elephant/dirty santa (child appropriate) for fun. I am a little better today and just let my hair air dry since I am not going anywhere. I am hoping that they call soon to schedule the surgery. My husband needs to know so he can get off of work and I want it done soon. I do not know who to call to ask as I seen the surgeons PA in one facility and the paper work is having me to go to a bone and joint hospital downtown somewhere. I have multiple phone numbers on my list. Plus I am supposed to have a pre-op testing done the day before surgery.
Saturday afternoon and evening was spent mostly sitting in the recliner in pain. Anyone have an idea how to keep from sliding down hill with the wedge pillow?? I wake up halfway down hill several times a night and this makes my neck hurt. I feel good till I get crunched all up near the bottom with my head pushed forward. It worked much better when I used the knee wedge as well, but left hip and leg starts hurting. I can sleep with it to the side with one leg on it.

Belinda, the way I have felt after just a few days of nothing but Tylenol have not been good. I told my husband I do not think that hydroxychloraquine does much for me as, I am in a lot of pain just taking that. I have kept vitamins that I did not find on any list, like C, D and zinc and that is all I am using right now. Oh, and still using my collagen powder. I could not find them on any pre surgery list and when I searched them out the consensus was that they are okay. But, my fish oil and glucoamine and that sort of thing I stopped along with curcumin which works a lot for my pain in the max doses given on Arthritis foundation site. I made up a list of things for the surgeon. Hoping to talk to them soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.