Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda, I was busy yesterday getting things done. Nice work yesterday on the hike and yoga and starting day 4 today.

Doreen, does this one do hiit work between weights? I don't get the term hiit on some workouts as they don't seem to be hiit to me.

Good morning,

L4 Week 4 D2 Back & Biceps is done. I will go for a walk soon before it gets too hot. I may do a nice stretch later.

Last night I took a live 60 min yoga class with DD's instructors out of DC. She will offer every Monday live classes. I plan on signing up for a few. We also walked 3.5 miles yesterday. I been walking daily. Need to get my steps in.

Diane and Doreen - great job yesterday.

Diane - I am with you on the HiiT part. Most Hiit workouts are more like circuit, IMO.

BBL!

Reactions: WD
Diane - No- HIIT is so overused. This one is just IT - interval training. Its not even a circuit because the exercises aren't repeated. It's just a no repeat interval workout - a NRIW. Ha- that would never work because its not a catchy acronym! I much prefer like when Cathe calls things "blasts" which means you are working harder but not at HIIT.

No workout today. I got to bed late and had to get up and run to the store before I went to my monthly ladies game day. We had a birthday celebration for one of them. I had a nice time, but due to lack of sleep and time I skipped the workout. I probably should try to get in a stretch before bed though.

Belinda, I think it is great that you can work out with your daughter like that and use her instructor.

Doreen, that is a good description. I spent some time looking up what the difference was between intervals and circuits and it really gets kind of muddled. Plus Fitbit has settings for circuits and bootcamp. I often wonder at that, as some seem pretty similar and get muddled there as well. Like Cathe's Bootcamp Circuit. I used circuit for the setting for Raw Interval's 5 the other day and I think that was what lowered my calorie burn from what it was previously when I used the workout setting. Although I often feel those individual settings do not make much of a difference from one to the other.

Hi everyone,

I walked this morning. I will do a yoga or stretch later.

Diane - I like DD's yoga instructor. I am paying for the yoga class.

Doreen - I have done circuit workouts with different instructors they called it Hiit. I agree, Hiit is overrated especially on youtube, lol.

I will check in later for more personals.

I did Intensity timesaver double hiit +bootcamp (this kept me off the step)47 minutes, 225 calories, heart rate 124/163, 3,609 steps. My dvd player froze up and skipped the high hiit segment and went straight to bootcamp after low hiit so I went back and did the high hit from the workout blender. Weird though as it worked fine then, just not on the premix. I then did Raw metabolic 6 & 6, 34 minutes, heart rate 129/153, 166 calories, 676 steps. Total time was 80 minutes, 391 calories, 4,285 steps. I used 12# dumbbells for all but the last two rounds on the side lunge/overhead press I dropped to 10's then on the last set I changed it to biceps curls. Too much on the shoulders for me today. Also last set of push ups I did the plank and back squeezes I do in Lindsey Samper's #11 instead of push ups.
Moves for Metabolic 6 & 6 each move is 30 seconds
side to side lunge to overhead press
renegade row right/left/push up
skate swings (dumbbells swing up from the sides)
alternating lunges
connected dumbbell push ups
sit ups with dumbbells

Belinda, I always though Hiit was supposed to be intervals that got you heart rate way up with lighter breaks in between. But, most workouts do not do that and are called Hiit.

Good morning,

Walked 2.5 miles and I did L4 Shoulder.

Diane - tough one. Sorry about your player freezing. Did you try cleaning the disc? Yes, HiiT is suppose to be high intensity intervals. Some instructors are overusing the word HiiT, IMO. Some workouts are labeled as hiit, but they really not. There is one instructor he called his workouts HiiT's, said they really more like circuits. A true Hiit is high intensity interval workouts. Hiit is cardio session by short burst of very hard work.

Here is HiiT circuit. I should revisit this one soon,lol
You complete the Hiit circuit in 2 min.
1 - Burpees 5 reps
2 - push ups 10 reps
3 - plank jacks 15 reps
4 - Jump Squats 20 reps
Repeat 5 x

I will be back for personals.

Today I did Raw Cardio Tone Intervals, 21 minutes, heart rate 121/165, 132 calories, 2,136 steps followed by Jessica Smith Walk Strong and Have Fun, Ready Steady Go, 34 minutes, 182 calories, heart rate 129/169, 3,196 steps. I finished with Lindsey Samper Yoga Therapy safe stretches and add on poses (don't care for add on poses and I realized I had done this one before) Time was 32 minutes, 31 calories, 86 steps.
Total time was 97 minutes, 345 calories, 5,418 steps.

Belinda, that looks like a good circuit. Another item I wonder at is Tabatas. I thought these were similar to hiit, but timed and all out intense burst. But, then after the concept came out I have seen so many weight Tabata workouts which seem more like timed circuits. Cathe's Tabatacize seems more like what I would think a Tabata workout should be as it is pretty intense. I am not sure about being timed and x amount of reps though.

Diane - Tabata training is one of the most popular forms of high-intensity interval training (HIIT).Tabata is known to have a pretty standard 20 second work period followed by a 10 second rest period, while HIIT generally requires you to work for anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes, followed by a 30 second to 2 minute recovery period (depending on the work duration). What’s most different about the duration of these two is the ratio of work to rest. While Tabata generally has a 2:1 ratio, HIIT is more often a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio. With Tabata, you can expect a shorter workout time compared to HIIT. Tabata workouts are traditionally 4 minutes in duration (though these days they tend to be slightly longer), while HIIT workouts can be anywhere from 20-40 minutes.

Tabata is a form of high intensity interval training. The Tabata protocol is made up of 20 seconds of work, immediately followed by 10 seconds of rest, then complete the sequence 8 times! That gives you a total of 4 minutes! 3 reasons why Tabata interval training works: It allows you to effectively manage your time and plan the perfect workout. A true Tabata is only 4 min. Tabatacize is almost 55 min. I can't remember the ratio on the Tabatacise workout? Tabaticis is not a tru tabata 4 min all out workout. You are gasping for air workout. I have to look it up. A lot of instructors use x amount reps/timed for HiiT workouts. you suppose to go all out on the reps as fast as you can in 2 min. Try it it will kick your butt :) If you us x reps in 2 min it makes it a HiiT workout.

Last edited:
This morning I did Low Impact Challenge. A good step count and I had mostly forgotten the combos its been so long since I did it.

I read one article that was interesting in that it said the best result of a tabata protocol wasn't necessary the 20:10 but that any work rest ratio of 2:1 would be effective....but the 20 seconds had to be max cardio effort (but couldn't be burpees as the "turn over" rate was too slow). Interesting but I'd much rather do a 30 or 40 second interval at a less than max effort for cardio and just timed sets for weights and not bother to call it HIIT.

Anyway - I did KCM Body shop workout 1 and half of workout 2 this morning. I really like these. I'm going to have to pull out a couple more KCM lifting workouts since I've been enjoying these this week.

Good morning,

Week 4 D4 Legs HiiT plus 3 mile walk outside is done. I also did some BW lunges, squats, side lunges, leg lifts and bridge. I did this circuit style 2 rounds between each round I did ab exercises.

Doreen - I heard the same about the tabata. You have to give it your all. I rather do a HiiT too. I think everyone's max cardio effort would be different. Good job this morning.

Diane - hope you have a fantastic workout today.

I am done for today. Have a great day and workout.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #4, 43 minutes, heart rate 120/164, 204 calories, 2,992 steps. I finished off with Lindsey Samper neck and shoulders #8, 18 minutes because I added a bit to it. I went for a gentle stretch on the move with hand at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock, just enough to feel a slight stretch. I find this works out fine. I went outside and cleaned the windows on the sunroom while waiting for my 8 year old grandson to arrive. It was nice out and I knew it would probably get hot later.

Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #4 requires 6 inch step I used 15# dumbbells 15# dbs for all but deadlift upright row and the lying work at the end. I did not do overhead with the sit ups I just pulled the dumbbells down to the side.
One cardio 30 sec and one strength move 30 sec repeated twice and move to the next then all are repeated ending with some core and upper body the second time
Split and squat jack cardio/ dbs power curls
Repeat
Pendulums cardio/ deadlift upright row dbs
Repeat
Achy feet (Heisman?) cardio/lunge press 1 arm( I did curls)
Repeat
Plunge lunge turn side to side lunge cardio/side lunge curls dbs
Repeat
Jump on step squat touch down/plank rows dbs
Repeat
Heel crossovers/ jacks and skates
Repeat
Repeat all cardio and weight segments again excluding heel cross overs and jacks and skates (second time is shorter, the cardio is done twice followed by one set of the weight moves or a shorter session when it requires each side.
End with lying on step skull crushers to sit ups
Flys with leg raise
Repeat
Stretch at 39 minutes

This morning I did Jessica Smith Dance Walk workout 1, 33 minutes, 160 calories, 118/156 heart rate, 3,354 steps. I finished off with Lindsey Samper Yoga Therapy episode 11 and the chair stretch, 37 minutes, 36 calories, 41 steps. Total time 70 minutes, 197 calories, 3,395 steps.

Belinda nice that you got in your walk. Hope you enjoyed the yoga or pilates today as well.

Good afternoon,

I walked outside for 3 miles. I will do a stretch later today.

Diane - I did. Haven't done a Jessica Smith in so long. I should pull them out soon. Great job with your dance workout.

That's it for me today.

So I forgot to post this weekend... I did KCM 's box and sculpt she posted on YT - great workout and I highly recommend. I did the cardio part of the cardio workout she put on YT as well. The cardio section is great - can't speak for the floor work - I didn't have a mat outside with me so I stopped there.

Yesterday I went for a bike ride in Ute Valley Park - about an hour working on climbing some hills and then downhill - I still struggle with a couple sections on some trails and I am trying to figure out how to do them (without breaking my neck). I have another skills training next week.

This morning I did KCM Build and Burn - Tabata legs and kickbox and kettlebell workouts. Just mashed the two together by skipping the cool down in the first one and skipping the warm up in the second one.

Today I started with Kelly's Youtube Box and Sculpt Outside, 35 minutes 158 calories, heart rate 118/158, 2,924 steps. I liked it, but could not hear Kelly very well. This was boxing with lower body weight sculpting segments. I used a 10# dumbbell as they only use one dumbbell. I then did Raw Weights #1 in the garage, 57 minutes, 109 calories, heart rate 85/123, 910 steps. I am not sure how accurate this one was because somewhere I had paused the Fitbit and I was not running another device so estimated from what I had.
Total time 92 minutes, 3,834 steps, 267 calories.

Weights #1 in the garage June 2020
step and a set of dumbbells used Kelly 15's ( I used my high step as I had previewed ahead of time) Tabatas of 8 rounds timed
w/up
Biceps 15 # dumbbells
front curls alternated with 8,6,7,7 reps
hammer curls 7, 7, 7,7 reps alternating
body weight alternating lunges as rest
Shoulders 15# dumbbells( starts at 10:16 minutes)
1 arm shoulder press 11,11,12,12 reps
Upright row 7 right, 7 left, 12 alternating, 12 alternating
body weight alternating lunge rest
Back 15# dumbbell (alternating sides of reps right then reps left) Kelly puts one foot on the step
lawnmower right 11, 10,11,11 reps
left 11,10,11,11 reps
body weight curtsy lunges rest/recovery
Triceps 15# dumbbells
overhead triceps extensions 1 dumbbell 14,12,13,12 reps
alternating kickbacks 10,14,14,12 reps
rest no activity
Lower Body 15# dumbbells at 28:51 minutes
squat 8,10,8,11 reps
curtsy 8 right, 9 left, 8 right, 9 left
Chest on step (I lowered to 10's because of front of shoulder issues) I did this on the floor
flys 7,8,8,8 reps
bench press 8,9,9,8 reps
Planks Kelly uses a step here and I used the high step all 8 rnds timed
plank
keep pull planks
knee side to side plank
plank hold on elbows
sit outs
knee pull planks
plank hold on elbows
Abs
crunch alternated with reverse crunch for 8 sets 4 of each
stretch at 53:57 minutes

Kelly You tube Box and Sculpt outside 1 dumbbell 35 minutes
Boxing
squats
boxing
reverse lunge alternating and passing dumbbell from hand to hand
boxing
scales
boxing
side lunge rainbow with dumbbell then side lunge reach with dumbbell
boxing
alternating curtsy lunges
boxing to finish

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.