Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

First day of school today for my kiddos.... I didn't sleep well last night for some reason. I fell asleep right away but then woke up 45 min later and couldn't fall back to sleep. I did a quick workout this mornings, Anarchy Phase 1 strength, then muscle meltdown back. Then this afternoon at my daughter's soccer practice I went to a nearby park and did 4DS kickbox. I get some really strange looks from people. I'm sure they are thinking what is the crazy lady doing.

Doreen, nice work with the workouts since you didnt get much sleep. I can picture how it must look to people walking by when you are doing that kickbox workout :)

Today's workout was either cardio of choice or Cycle Fit. I was really not wanting to do Cycle Fit but did the entire workout this morning. It is not my favorite, but sure makes my legs tired. I am hoping it doesn't make RWH Lower body circuit really hard to do tomorrow. At one point on a climb I had the tension so tight I finally had to lower because I couldn't get my right foot to push the pedal forward any longer. Anyway, Cycle Fit 53 minutes, 380 calories, 12.10 miles, 3,152 steps, heart rate average 125, heart rate max 160. I had set up my rebounder thinking I would do some after Cycle Fit but was tired so I did 21 Day Fix Extreme Yoga instead, 32 minutes, 53 calories. Total time was 85 minutes, 433 calories. Those push downs I did for my legs add on the other day from Fit Tower Total Body have left my glutes so sore!!

Hi guys,

Today I did STS D27.

Diane Sue - whatever you decide on today, have fun.

Doreen - good job yesterday. Hope you get some sleep today.

Laura - have fun with your workout today.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

I also was plagued with the no sleep thing last night. And of course, it has been one of those days where things just don't go accordingly. I finally fit in a workout late this afternoon, PRS#2, a premix of 2 & 1. Quite fun. Normally when I don't sleep I'm dragging through the day, but so many things have been going on today, at one point I even broke down in tears. I thought that a good workout might help even things out. My main problem is I found out last night that my doctors and the hospital network that we have gone to for over 20 years has pulled out of our insurance plan as of 10/1. So I need to get as many things taken care of by then. I will have to find a temp doctor for 3 months, and then we are enrolling in a different plan for Jan 1 to get back our normal doctors and hospital. I have to get my records and all that for the temp doctor.

Doreen, I hope you get some sleep tonight. I feel your pain.

Good workouts everyone.

Belinda, I did Cycle Max and yoga today. Good work keeping up with STS.

Laura, things like that with the medical insurance is so upsetting. I started Medicare this month. I had to make sure I could keep my doctors. So many doctors do not want to take new medicare patients. It was a worry, but I called and they said I could still keep them. Otherwise my option may have been my daughter's best friends husband. It just seemed a bit awkward since I see them at some of the birthdays etc.. My husband is still on the other plan as I am older so figuring all of that out is not easy. I haven't had to use the plan I have set up with my supplement etc.. I would hate to have to find someplace else and start all over with records etc.. I understand why you would be upset. I hope it works out for you. It seems insurance keeps changing.

Today I did a blend of RK and MMA Boxing. Did all the upper body combos and all the heavy bags. I'm sure I'll feel that half hour on the bag tomorrow! Slept well for me last night.

Diane Sue, I've had to learn so much about Medicare and Medigap insurance, and the 'donut hole' for prescriptions in this last year. Last Aug, my husband had to assume POA over his mother, and in Sept, I assumed POA over my mom. It seems like half our lives are spent revolving around doctors, nursing care, prescriptions coverage. We just recently called up an ambulance service that was called for his mom (in Florida where she is in memory care). Medicare denied coverage. Why? Because when the ambulance drivers asked his mom if she was ok, she said yes. She is 93 and is living in memory care. Everyday this week she wants to leave the memory care place, come back to IL and live with her parents (who have been dead for 30 years). She asked DH if she has enough money that she can stop working because she is tired (and she has not worked since the 1940's). And they deny coverage because she says she's ok. We have to get all the records from the memory care unit, the hospital, etc. to resubmit to Medicare. And now we have this big change in our insurance.

I would have felt funny about seeing a doctor that I'm friends with too. I'm glad you got to keep your doctor. I'm going to make sure when I see my doctor to tell him about this change, and that we do want to come back to him in Jan. He'll need to accept us again.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and good workouts. I'll be having a much deserved rest tomorrow. Maybe some stretching or yoga if anything is tight from the boxing fest today.

Hey girl,

I walked 4 miles today. That's it. Taking it easy. I must have hurt my hip/lower back the other day again doing deadlifts :( I am so done with deadlifts. Anyway, for the last 2 nights I can't sleep I am in so much pain. Every time I turn, my hip/lower back hurts.

Diane Sue - that would be awkward. Glad you keep your doc.

Laura - that is so sad about his mom in Fl :( I wished they could figure out health insurance here in the US. In Germany everyone has health insurance.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Today I did RWH Circuit Lower Body, 47 minutes, 339 calories, heart rate average 126, max 156, I used Cathe's weights for most of it, a couple of places opting for 25's. 2,575 steps. RWH bonus abs 1 was on the schedule, 10 minutes, 31 calories, I also did Fit Tower bonus abs, 12 minutes, 31 calories. I ended with Barre Amped Power Stretch, 23 minutes, 37 calories. I got lower calories on everything than usual today. Maybe because my Fit BIt Battery was getting lower or that my resting heart rate has been lower this week. Total time was 92 minutes, calories burned 438.

Laura, I would think once you submit the information to Medicare they should change that. So, did the ambulance service not do anything for her? I am sorry you have to deal with that too. I bet you will be feeling that workout tomorrow.

Belinda, a walk sounds like plenty for the day. I have learned not to do too wide of stance dead lifts when called for. I don't know why that causes pain. Also, I used to go much deeper into the dead lift than I do now. I am sorry you are having a hard time sleeping. I had that for awhile with the neck, shoulder pain. I would have to move and not stay in the same position all night or it would be very painful when I would try to roll over. I hope it feels better soon. I think everyone can have insurance of some kind. It just doesn't always pay for everything. I think that needs to be addressed. The problem is there are those that go in for every little thing when they don't need to ad it keeps prices up and more restrictions on it. From what I understand, in a lot of other countries that have all paid medical, they are also taxed heavily, and do not have the doctor choices that we do here in the US. It all gets so complicated. I avoid the doctor as much as I can. I go for my yearly check up most of the time and do not take any medications. It is nice having the insurance when needed though.

Today was a rest day and family birthday gathering . Tomorrow is an RWH upper body workout on my rotation.

Hi all!

Yesterday was a quick workout at the track. Run a lap then do squats, pushups, etc.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Today I did Kelly Coffey Athletic Step Blast, 34 minutes, 225 calories, heart rate average 138, max 168, 3,260 steps. I followed this with PHA which is the workout on my rotation for this week, 45 minutes, heart rate 11 average, 134 max, 222 calories, 1,226 steps. Total time was 79 minutes, calories burned 447. This week is more weight oriented. It has all 3 Ripped with Hiit weight workouts in it. I didn't go quite as heavy as I sometimes do. Mostly Cathe's weights since I have RWH back, shoulders, and biceps tomorrow. I checked and the only repetitive move is the pull overs which I will be doing again tomorrow. I think tomorrows shoulders are more delt based moves. This weeks cardios are Cardio Slam and RWH low impact 2. So, not a lot of cardio. Some is involved in lower body though I have done that one without the jumping cardio type moves before.
Weights today all done in 12 reps
done in 3 rounds
squat off the end 15#, 15#,15#
overhead press 15's,15's, 15's
upright row 15's, 15's, 15's
step ups 15's,15's, 15's
release push ups 12 reps
second 3 rounds
cross back lunges 15#,15#,15#
biceps curls 15's,15's, 15's
deadlifts 25's, 25's ,25's
pullovers 15's, 15's 15's
standing squats 20's 20's, 20's
lying extensions 12's 12's,12's

Doreen, you always do so well at getting a workout in even when you are out. You must have some nice weather. I would be cooking if I went outside to workout right now.

Belinda, is your back better now? Good job with STS.

The next couple of weeks my schedule is going to be off. I'm getting in all of my doctors appointments before my insurance changes. I'll workout at odd times. So just finished today with Body Max 2. It was not what I had scheduled to do, but I didn't have my weight workout cards ready and the day was getting away from me. Tomorrow morning will be my mammogram at the hospital. Always have to do it at the hospital because they always have problems with my right breast. They say it is 'dense'. They often have to do an ultrasound on it as well. I'll have the results back by tomorrow night.

I agree, I would not be able to work out outside right now. Way to hot and humid. I'm glad you have good weather, Doreen.

Diane Sue, I think I'm like you and need to have more cardio. What do you think about Cardio Slam? I think the mods are too easy on most. It doesn't keep my heart rate up.

Belinda, I hope your back is doing better. I've had several surgeries on mine. I still do deadlifts, but I keep it REALLY light. I noticed in Cathe's newsletter (it might have been the one last week) it had an article about the 5 exercises most likely to cause injuries and that was one of them. I usually never use more than 8 lbs. in each hand and just use it as more of a stretching exercise than weight.
https://cathe.com/5-strength-training-exercises-likely-lead-injury

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll be working out in the afternoon tomorrow, so have great workouts.

Carolyn, I always tend to put off all those doctors appointments to the last minute. It would not be pleasant having to get them all in at once. I remember reading that on Cathe's newsletter. I see some things on those that seem to make me wonder why they are in the workouts. I guess we are all responsible for ourselves and our limitations. Cardio Slam is okay. I am not excited about it but it does switch up stuff enough it is not boring. I don't put the mat down on the floor, I do it without it. I do not like tripping over a mat. I pretend like it is there. I haven't done modifications for that one.

No workout today. I had to drop my son off early (7am) so I did today's workout last night (if that makes any sense). S&S Bootcamp.

That's the benefit of high altitude - it drops down to about 57 here overnight and will stay cool until 9 or so in the mornings.

Good luck with your Dr. appts!

Good morning,

I will go to Zumba this morning.

Did anyone see the Eclipse yesterday? I ended up seeing it :) It was totally cool. My husband came home with those special glasses so I could see the Eclipse :)

Diane Sue - good luck with your appointment this morning. I agree with Cardio Slam, not one of my fav. Impressive weighs, girl.

Laura - thanks for the link. Yesterday instead of deadlifts, I did pull ups on the Tower and pull downs on the Bowfex. Nice job on BM.

I will be back later.

Good morning,

Zumba got cancelled this morning :( Oh well! My free trial is almost over, I will sign up for a month.

I walked 5 miles today.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Today I did Rock'm Sock'm timesaver blasts only to get a good warm up, 22 minutes, 140 calories, heart rate average 133 max 166, 1,863 steps. I then went on to do Ripped With Hiit Back, shoulders , Biceps which is on my rotation. This was 64 minutes (actual workout 53) 172 calories, heart rate average 97 max 137, 1,466 steps. I finished off with Yoga Tune Up 10 minute quick fix neck and 10 minute quick fix shoulders, 20 minutes, 33 calories, 131 steps . Total time was 1 hour and 46 minutes and total calories was 345 calories.
Weights today
One arm row 30,30,30 x 12,12,12 reps
finisher barbell rows and band power pulls 35# barbesll
pull overs 35,35,35# x 12,12,12 reps
finisher barbell row 35# supine band pulls
one arm angled row 25#,25,25, x 12,12,12 reps
finisher one arm seated band pulls
rear delt flys 15's,15's,15's x 12,12,12 reps
finisher 1 arm band pulls
prone rear delts 5's,5's,5's x 12,12,12 reps I usually use the 8's but with my neck issues I kept it lighter
finisher seated tea band pulls
biceps curls barbell 40#, 35#,35# x 12,12,12 narrow, standard, wide
finisher W curls 10's 20 reps
concentration curls 20,20,20 # x 12,10,10 reps
finisher barbell crazy eights 30#, 24 reps
simultaneous hammer curls standing 15's,15's, 15's x 12,12,12 reps
finisher barbell crazy 8's 25# 24 reps

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.