Lifting like girls

Just some more bwt and light stuff, 100 crunches, and 60 pushups, side lat/ front raises, conc curls, tri extensions, calf raises and bwt squats. I think I'm ready to go downstairs and do some weights ( upper body) but will see what Doc says Monday! My Jayhawks had a good day so all is well...have a great weekend friends!!

Quickie before post op ck, DB curls kickbacks shoulder press side laterals front raises all by 12 10 8, then calf raises x50 30 20 and pushups x25 15 10... can't believe how much harder those are!! Off for hopefully good news!! Have a great Monday!!

Oh my! Tom I need to read about your raccoon. Reminds me of when we moved to SLC, we rented for a year while we looked for a house. Our next door neighbor asked us if we had a cat or a dog, because something was coming in their house through their cat door, and eating the cat food. We didn't have any animals at the time so no, it wasn't coming from us. They couldn't figure out what it was, and it was happening everyday while they were at work. To make a long story short, it was a raccoon. Watched animal control try to get it. It was quite comical. My neighbors in Washington had a cat, and that poor thing hid under the deck when she saw the raccoons coming for her dinner.
Yes, we do ride bikes in the Summer. They have a nice bike trail, that runs along the river, and one that goes to Park City, and a couple of the ski resorts. I'm not a big indoor bike fan, but lately, I just can't bring myself to pick up a weight, and I do need to get moving. I feel like I'm made of concrete in the Winter. So, basically just trying to get moving. Just so happens that today was another bike workout. I have a bunch of Mindy Milrae (sp) and Cathe bike workouts. Some I have never opened. Yikes! So, I will be going through them all. Maybe I will try some bodyweight stuff tomorrow. Always a surprise.

Yeah, those raccoons are a mess!!! I reached up to turn on my radio one morning and there was a stripped tail..lol!! We have caught several outside and 2 in the basement, but we have to decide how they get there!
Well, today was day 1!! I was shocked because it was Chest and Tris and I had NO idea how it would go but I was shocked! I started at 100 on bench, then 140x5, 160 x3 180x3 200x2 then a single at 210! I could have gone higher..WTF!!! Dropped to 190x3 then 150x8 to finish. I had no aspirations to get to 200 after the surgery but it was WONDERFUL to walk around the weight room without pain:D! Tris were 3 sets of skullcrushers and 3 sets of pushdowns. On the down side after binge watching TV and eating everything I could for 3 1/2 weeks, I weighed in at 200....so DW is going to WW and I'm going to clean my act up!!
Tomorrow I am going to go back to work, hopefully I'll survive but at least the walking will be SO much better!!!
Karen, always so good to hear from you and I am sure you will be back to dominating soon!! Lisa, what's happening in Idaho???

Tom's a new man!!! This is awesome! And dude, as soon as you cut out your March Madness Twizzlers binges, you'll be down to 180 in no time. Congratulations on your benching and the fact that you're feeling good.

Karen, I hear you on Winter lack of motivation. I'm hoping in a few weeks it will really feel like Spring has Sprung. hopefully before the actual calendar start date of Spring!

Since we're sharing our critter stories...my DH went to grad school in Central Coast of CA. During the years that we lived there I NEVER once took the trash out to the apartment dumpster because raccoons and skunks hung out there. My DH never got sprayed, but he saw lots of raccoons! It was a nice excuse for me to get out of trash duties though. Plus we'd often see raccoons run across the roads or smell the nasty odors of Pepi LePew.

Hmmm, yesterday was cardio and today was Back, Triceps, Biceps. Karen, I have not wanted to pick up weights the past couple days. Seems like I'm using weights for everything, even cardio, because so much of Cathe and other people's cardio workouts are metabolic with weights. Maybe it's just me but sometimes I just want to do regular jumping jacks, etc

Have a "fancy" Wednesday friends!

Hey guys! Tom!!!!! So glad you're back!!! Great work!!! Lisa, I don't blame you with the raccoons and skunks. Trash duty would definitely be left to DH. We do get raccoons in our yard, they climb on the fence, and eat the grapes. They growl at you if you come near. Their teeth are just nasty looking. But usually the dogs keep them away. Never had a raccoon in the house, but living in a suburb of Denver, we did have a snake in the basement. Wasn't poisonous, but I hate snakes! Here in Utah, we sometimes have a mountain Lion in the neighborhood. Have to keep an eye on the pets. If it keeps going like this, I expect the whole ecosystem in my yard at some point.

Yesterday I bit the bullet and did the first leg workout from Mesocycle 2 of STS. It wasn't bad, and I am a little sore today. Today I think I will do the chest (and whatever comes with it) workout. Sooooo, slowly getting back in the groove.

Today I think I will bust out the cleaning mode, and get rid of some of this winter stuff. So as Lisa wrote: Have a "fancy" Wednesday! And...... see you both tomorrow!

Last edited:
Well, to continue Animal Kingdom we set a trap outside and caught "Odie Colognie"!! Geeze, shoulda been a vet!
Today was back and bis, stopped at 3 pullups cause tendonitis ain't gone...so, 5 sets of DB rows, 4 sets of pullovers, then bis were 2 sets of drag curls and 3 sets DB curls.
Guys it's really great to have the whole crew back...let's kick some arse!!

Well, to continue Animal Kingdom we set a trap outside and caught "Odie Colognie"!! Geeze, shoulda been a vet!

The criminal is in custody! You can check him for cavities and dental decay!

Guys it's really great to have the whole crew back...let's kick some arse!!

Agreed! Tom, good work today. Karen, hope you're humming along as well. Glutes and more glutes for me today. Lots of bridges. Gonna be sore!

Legs and abs today, 5 sets of bench squats, most holding a 25# plate, stiff leg deads, very light, 100 calf raises, and 100 crunches. Gotta start somewhere!! Shoulders tomorrow, gonna try to be fairly heavy but we will see! Just glad to be doing something for the "cause"!!
Lisa, sore thutts are tough... Good work!! Karen, hope you are surviving DOMS from yesterday!!

Shoulders today, 18 sets and while not Xtra HEAVY I was worked! 6 sets of Seated DB press, and 3 sets of side laterals, rear delt flys, Oly plate front raises and DB shrugs. All rep patterns 10-20 and really felt good to push a little. After, DW and I got our second shingrix shots.....hope it doesn't mess up arm day tomorrow!! Hope y'all are well and Killin it!!

Congrats Tom. Just Googled your game so I could sound like a cool kid who follows sports, and saw that KU won! That's your reward for your strong workouts this week!

A total body workout for me today. And in other exciting news, trying out our new Dyson vacuum today after our previous 10 year old Dyson bit the big one. See how exciting my life is????? Lol. Have a great weekend friends!

Leg day done! And since you're all so curious about it, the new Dyson works great! The other Dyson must have been dying for a long time because the volume of gunk and hair the new vacuum suctioned up was enough to make you lose your lunch o_O So friends, make sure your vacuums are working properly lol!
Happy Monday!

A little change in up, combined chest and bis, 7 sets flat bench, 2 sets inclined and 3 sets ez bar curls and 2 sets alt DB curls. Again, lightish! And yay, me jayhawks are #1, at least for now!! It's more important at the end of the year!!
Lisa, glad the Dyson "sucks" lol!! Karen, hope all is well!!

All in Upper Body from Cathe Live today. I haven't done a Live workout in ages. I liked it, plus Al was in the class which is always a bonus. He's so strong he motivates me to push myself!

Tom, great workout and even happier that you and your team are #1 right now. I think you are an honorary team member at this point. Hope a championship win is in store this season.

Have a great Tuesday!

Late to the party again. But, I had a Dr. appt on Monday ( a new Dr.) Got tired of driving to Utah County every six months to see the Dr. I-15 is always a cluster &%$@. There was a time when construction took place during the summer months, now it's 24/7/365, and always the cluster from hell. So, I found a physician 5 minutes from home. I got a flu shot, and for the first time in my long life, it kicked my arse. The nurse told me that this one "burns a little," and yes, it did!!! But, I forgot all about it, worked out, all my usual. Went to bed, and couldn't sleep because my arm was killing me, and I had the headache from hell. Woke up, feeling hung over, but I'm feeling better today.
I've been doing Mesocycle 2 of STS, and it feels good. I'm taking my car in for an oil change tomorrow, and not looking forward to it. The owner of the shop, is always very impatient. Because I'm a woman, I must be a an idiot when it comes to my car. It's sorta like "oh, go sit down over there, honey. We'll take care of it. I told DH that I want to find a new mechanic, but he likes this guy, because they talk shop sh!t, and DH has two 1970 Roadrunners. So there ya go! So, not in the mood. Wish me luck.
Speaking of vacuums. I need a new one. Mine is an old Kirby, that I'm sure weighs 100 lbs, and sounds like a 747 is taking off. I need to wear ear plugs. Thanks for the Dyson review Lisa.
So, that's about it. Caught up on all the news here. Hope you are both well. Good job both of you. Great workouts. I need to get back to "Cathe Live." Good to hear about your workouts. Take care guys!
PS. That's funny about your trap catch Tom! Gotta love it! I'm looking at a couple of hyenas (sp) to take care of the mountain lion problem, and then a couple of lions to take of the hyena problem. And.....there ya go!

Last edited:
Still laughing at your post Karen lol The hyena lion in connection cracked me up!!! And yeah, we have a Kirby, daughter in law sold them in college so we bought a one.... At least a hundred pounds and I think you could fly an airplane with one of those engines... geeze!
Lisa, the Dyson sounds like a plan!!
Today was back and Tris, three sets of pullovers, pull downs and dumbbell rows, then three sets of skull crushers and push downs, finishing things off with 100 crunches and two sets of 21s with just an Oly bar. Funny thing is yesterday I thought was Wednesday for some freaking reason, and today I thought was Thursday and I was disappointed when I found out it was only Wednesday, I must be getting old geeze. This full-time stuff isn't that much fun, like the part time better, oh well maybe they'll find somebody to work full-time and I'll be able to go back to part-time... hopefully.
DW is in Texas for 2 weeks, then to FLORIDA, gonna be gone about a month in all....thank goodness for fast food!!
By the way Karen, usually I don't hardly feel the flu shot when they give it to me I get one every year but it's always sore for a day or two. The other day DW and I got the shingrix shot same thing a little tender when they gave it and a little bit sore but I survived and since I had shingles once, the shot is DEFINITELY the better option!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.