Lifting like girls

Some body weight stuff today, 100 crunches, 100 donkey kicks, 50 squats and 50 calf raises and that was it! Our water heater is not working so we rented a local dive motel so we could shower lol!! So I hit it last night and this morning, hopefully get it fixed Monday. Tomorrow will be chest and Tris, will hit "something" the next 4 days cause it's gonna have to last "8 freakin weeks"!!
Enjoy your Sunday Lisa!!

Tom, my DH just told me that your Chiefs are taking it all the way to the Super Bowl this year. Go team!!!! Yay for you and waiting 50 years for this moment! Hopefully this will offset some of the gloom of your 8 weeks of temporary iron retirement. (But like the Terminator, we all know "you'll be back.")

Lisa, people in KC area are going nuts!! Happy for them, they have waited a long time, for many it's the first time in their lifetime! Should be a "goodun" with Sanfran!
Today was bench and Tris, 12 sets of bench up to 2 sets at 200, then 2 sets of skullcrushers and pushdowns. Kinda went through the motions but I was fried at the end!
Been really cold here and ice EVERYWHERE!! Ready for Spring!! Hope the week starts well for you Lisa!

Did get in back and bis, and did my first chin ups in a long time. I think the only good thing about 8 weeks off is maybe I can kick this tendonitis. Haven't been able to do pullups or barbell curls for quite awhile. Today I did 1set of 8 chinups but paid the price....we will see if 8 weeks does it! Tomorrow I'm gonna try to do shoulders and Thursday arms, then "old guy out"!!
Hope the "kid wrangling" is going well Lisa!!

Oh, gross. Ice storms sound awful. It's been dark and dreary here but mostly rain because "too warm" for snow. I'm sorry you're going to be on forced rest but I think you are right that at least your tendonitis might heal up. Plus your level of fitness will probably speed up your healing. Is your surgery at Mayo, if you don't mind me asking? At least you've got the Super Bowl and then college basketball to look forward to.

Wrangling the kids is exhausting but mostly because of the segmented sleep at night. I'd love a solid 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep! The fatigue plus a rougher recovery is slowing me down. Still trying to move for physical health but nothing amazing. Mostly walks and light weights still. That's ok, better safe than sorry, right? Have a great Wednesday!

PS I miss Karen!!!

Definitely better safe than sorry Lisa!!
I did get a quickie shoulder day in, 17 sets but not much rest between. I'll hit arms tomorrow, probably short and sweet then BAM, the 8 week hangover!!
Lisa, I agree, we both miss our General....hope she can check in sometime soon!! Hope your rest situation improves soon my friend!! Oh yeah, I'm actually having the surgery in St. Louis, one of son 1s associates...then a couple of days at his place before coming home. Have a great Thursday Lisa and after tomorrow I'll be living vicariously through you!!!

She's baaaack! Sorry everybody. Needed some R&R, and my DH has been in Florida for the last few months. So, I tuned out, and went to Florida. I didn't want to deal with the Winter, and my bones definitely didn't. Eighty degrees, but the humidity has been overwhelming, for this desert rat! I missed you both, and I must confess.... I haven't worked out on a regular basis since August. Just needed some time off, and to get reacquainted with my DH. I'm sure I have some sort of arthritis, and it has been a bear. Warm weather helps. I'm back to the dreary cold weather of Utah, so I am going to get back to it. I haven't been on Cathe's website for months, but still a member of Cathe Live. So, I have some big time work ahead of me. Hope you are both well, I have missed our conversations. But, I'm back, and ready to go.....kinda! Let's rumble!!!! As much as this old lady can! Love you guys!

Aw, Karen @desertambrosia , we love you too! You have been greatly missed but it sounds like you're time "away" was just what you needed. But hey, what's worse, humidity or snow??? So glad you enjoyed some down time and some DH time! You get back to your workouts at your own pace, girl. Arthritis and other aches are no joke.

But hey, you haven't missed much. Hmmm, let's see...I had my 4th and final baby (DS2) just before Christmas. Tom is going to the medical "auto body" shop tomorrow. Yep, slow as crickets here, lol!

Did a Bootcamp style workout from Sydney Cummings on YouTube. Karen, I'm behind on my Cathe Live workouts too. She moves so fast and has a lot of high impact stuff. I'll need to build back up to that.

Tom, thinking about you. Hope the procedure goes well, all according to plan. Glad for you that you have your skilled DS and his network of colleagues to see you through this!

Have the best weekend possible, everyone!

Old lady checking in. Today was definitely a made up workout. Rode the bike for a few to get my heart rate up, then 10 burpees. More bike, then lunges, so alternating between bike and total body exercises. Getting back into this is going to be a challenge. So, let the battle begin! I’ve heard about a new bike that is equal to a Peleton, but much less expensive. I believe it is an Echelon. Do either of you have any information?
looks like I have missed out on a few events. Lisa, congrats on your new son. Are you just functioning on adrenaline at this point? I remember. That’s why we have them while we’re young. Tom, what’s new with you. I have some catching up to do. Like I wrote before, missed you both. But, 80 degrees in Florida was very nice! Yes, I do believe my skiing days are over. Tomorrow guys!

I had the hip replacement Friday and doing pretty good!! Day 2and 3 were kind of rough but today was much better. Trying to really minimize the Percocet and may take before PT but not regularly. They say every 4 hours but that seems silly. Good to have you back friend, glad Florida was kind to ya!! Lisa, Karen's gotta a point to on being sleep deprived....but pulling it off like a Rockstar!! Can't wait to get back at it...I'm going to be a bowl of jello!!.. ugh!

Tom, great to hear from you, thank you for the update! Hoping that this surgery does the trick for you. Maybe you'll come out of it feeling SO good that you become a cardio junkie???? Lol! Take care and I'm the same way with those pain meds, use sparingly.

Karen, good job getting going. I like how you had fun with your DIY workout. ETA I've never heard of an Echelon bike, just the Peleton. I've never loved spinning at home enough to get a super expensive bike so I've got no research info to share, sorry!

Well, the sleep deprivation continues, no surprise. It's dark and rainy here but I got up and did me some low key cardio, again with Sydney Cummings YouTube. I gotta say I'm enjoying the low impact option! I think my days of tuck jumps and box jumps and other bat $h!+ crazy moves are over. I just don't wanna anymore. Have a great Tuesday!

Tom, sending you McRibs and Twizzlers to help your healing. After all, you gotta stick up on snacks to eat while you watch your team win it all this Sunday!

Karen, hello friend. Hope you're not missing FL weather too much. You should've stayed for the Super Bowl! Even if you don't like football, I think the J Lo and Shakira halftime show sounds like it should be good!

Not much to report other than walks and today I did glutes. So instead I will just take a moment to brag about how sweet, adorable, wonderful my sweet DD2 is. He has already smiled--my earliest smiler!!! And he only really cries when he's hungry or over tired. I love him!!!! Now if he would just sleep a solid 8 hours at night....sigh, too early for that still.

Have a great Thursday and weekend, probably won't be back to post until Monday.

Hi friends! Today was 40 minutes of bodyweight exercises from the book "Convict Conditioning." It's all about bodyweight, and that's all I want to do these days. Not much to report.
Tom, hope things are going well for you, after surgery. I'm sending Twizzlers too, but, I have eaten half of them. Love me some Twizzlers. At some point, I would love to hear about what was going on with your hip, not because I'm snoopy, but, because I have hip issues too. Constantly changing positions in bed, because my hip is bothering me. But, if you would rather not, I understand.
Lisa, Happy that your last, is a sweet little angel. My last one was the best as well. Slept like a champ, and had a sweet disposition. Maybe the last one receives a message, that they are the last, and need to behave. I don't know, but I was eternally grateful!
That's about it. Have a great weekend, will be back on Monday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.