Lifting like girls

Back and bis, no pullups but just 5 sets of pullovers and 3 sets of bench supported DB rows done as 21s ( actually 24s) half upx8, from half up to full ups, then full ROM all 8 counts. Bis were 3 sets Alt DB curls and 2 sets hammer curls. Elbows still don't like pullups but hopefully they will improve. Lisa, good job getting ANYTHING done with what you had going on!! Hope the check ups went well!!

Tom, your elbows are the only part of you that doesn't like pullups? Geez. My entire body and mind hates them, lol! In all seriousness, sorry your elbows are still bothering you but glad you still got a great lifting session in.

All went well yesterday at our medical marathon! We lucked out to find a super pediatrician and a super pediatric dentist (he gives your kind a good rap). Lol. Today for my workout I hit my triceps and biceps hard. That's all for me! Talk tomorrow

Got in some legs believe it or not! Mostly bwt stuff, 150 reps of bwt squats, calf raises and crunches, then 50 donkey kicks, 3x10 light Inc bench and 3x10 light straight leg dead lifts. Felt good to do SOME lower body regardless of how pathetic it might be!!
Lisa, glad your kids flew through be the medical/dental checks and you got to hit the "big iron"!! Have a great day!

Thumbs up for BW legs, Tom! I'm curious if you're sore since it was a different (but still good!) way of training that you're legs aren't used to. When do you head to your DS's place for Thanksgiving? You're probably not going to get any breaks from workouts since your DS is an iron head, too!

Today was a Bootcamp workout. Didn't love it but I aim for consistency, so mission accomplished. My DD1 is off school all next week but my DH has work until Wed. Wish me luck having all the kids home all day!!! I hope I don't end up as one of your patients in the slammer! Have a great weekend and I will be back to post on Monday!

Lisa, I am sore, my "thutt" hurts!! But it's a good hurt! Boot camp sounds, well.... AWFUL lol!! Today was arms, 24 sets but only 18 were fairly heavy. All supersets again, skullcrushers/alt DB curls ( 4 sets with 45s) kickbacks/ hammer curls ( 3 sets with 35s) and 2 sets of decline curls/ tri extensions ( 35s). I'm thinking you can handle the "lil whippersnappers", my money is on you! Have a great weekend!

Big Red kicked some SERIOUS butt yesterday.. finally 54-7 over Maryland. So excited I didn't get to the basement but today I did shoulders. 9 sets of presses, 3 warm up sets of DB press with 25s 35s and 45s, then 3x8 seated BB press with just 100#, then back to 45sx 16 12 12. Next came 4 sets of side laterals, rear delt flys and Oly plate front raises, finishing with a set of DB shrugs x30. Nothing heavy but lots of high reps (12-16 range). Delts feel shot and I love it!! Enjoy Sunday Lisa, and Karen, hope you are well and getting in some iron work when possible!!

Tom, a sore thutt, a Big Red win, and high rep shoulders....Sounds like a dream weekend for you!!! Hooray! We had a low key weekend. Trying to get all my last minute, random purchases made by today so I can stay away from the stores until next week (besides picking up our meal at Whole Foods on Thursday morning, but that's fun and no stress). The holiday madness has already begun!

Today was total body weights. Probably going to be unable to post this week as I'm busy trying to live up to the confidence you have in me that I can survive these children over a long holiday week, lol! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!

Back and bis, tried 2short sets of chinups and yep, not good so I quit them! 4 sets of pullovers 3 sets of DB rows and 6 sets of DB curls, some conventional, some hammer. Have a great Thanksgiving Lisa, you too Karen!!

Got chest and Tris in today, 10 sets flat 8 of which were block bench. Block bench up to 200x3 210x2 220x1 200x4, then lighter full ROM sets. Tris were 3sets of skullcrushers and a set of kickbacks. Probably gonna "no show" tomorrow cause KU plays tonight.... late!!
Happy Thanksgiving Lisa and Karen!!

Nice consistency the past few days, Tom, so you enjoy the big game tonight and your holiday tomorrow! Wishing you and yours a good one. Same to you, Karen. Hope you can join us again soon!

Squeezing in the workouts this week. Today was another Total body weights. Glutes were on fire!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Just DB shoulders on Thursday and DB arms Friday light all round but muscles worked and that was the point!! Eating is awful and I have to clean that up.... someday! Enjoy the weekend Lisa!

Hey, we almost checked in at the same time again! Shorter workouts mean more time for holiday fun, Tom! Keep making the most of it!

Did a short UB on Thursday, some legs yesterday, and kickboxing today. Been hanging out at home, avoiding the stores and crazy drivers. We've had a nice holiday. I like when Thanksgiving falls at the end of the month because it means Christmas work/school vacations come so much sooner!!! Have a great Sat night and Sunday!

Happy Monday! It snowed all day yesterday so the world here is icy and bright white. No sun either, so this stuff ain't going anywhere! Got in some cardio this morning to "celebrate." Be well today and hope you traveled home safely, Tom!

Bench and tri day, pretty much a crap day weight wise. 200 3x3 was too weight wise, 11 sets in all and 3 sets of skullcrushers and 2 sets of kickbacks. I showed and that was about it! Will try to do back and bis tomorrow. Good work Lisa!!

Leg day today. Just ok, was feeling tired so went super light on weights and added body weight movements because that was all I had in the tank! Sounds like we both need a nap today, Tom. Lol!

Karen, hey, hope you're out there and doing ok!

Back and bi day, 5 sets pullovers, 4 sets light DB rows, 2 sets DB curls, 2 sets hammer curls and a set of DB 21s. Not intense or heavy but doesn't take much for this old timer! Bwt stuff is good stuff Lisa, good work! Karen, hope all is well!!

Just a bedroom bwt circuit today, for those toooooo lazy to go downstairs!! 25 squats, 25 single leg calf raises, 25 pushups and only did it twice. Threw in some bed crunches and glute Bridges....geeze, how lazy can I get!! Lol. Hope the Doc visit was good Lisa! Way to "get er done"!!

Tom, you sound like Bob Newhart. Love watching the reruns of his old show (from the 70s) where he plays a therapist. He always did calisthenics in his bedroom, wearing his pajamas. Of course he couldn't lift nearly as heavy dumbbells as you, lol. But funny guy and a great show!

Well, guess I should let you know that I am expecting my fourth...and FINAL!!!...baby, another little DS very soon. As in, I'm hoping the Storke and Santa pay attention to air traffic control so that they don't collide over my house! My kids never come on their due date, so that's a rough estimate. Anyway, if I disappear unexpectedly for a couple days, that's why! I'm going to keep working out as long as I can, but I'm not going to be hitting any PRs for a while!

On that note, did a back and Biceps workout today. Have a great Thursday, friend.

Tom, you sound like Bob Newhart. Love watching the reruns of his old show (from the 70s) where he plays a therapist. He always did calisthenics in his bedroom, wearing his pajamas. Of course he couldn't lift nearly as heavy dumbbells as you, lol. But funny guy and a great show!

Well, guess I should let you know that I am expecting my fourth...and FINAL!!!...baby, another little DS very soon. As in, I'm hoping the Storke and Santa pay attention to air traffic control so that they don't collide over my house! My kids never come on their due date, so that's a rough estimate. Anyway, if I disappear unexpectedly for a couple days, that's why! I'm going to keep working out as long as I can, but I'm not going to be hitting any PRs for a while!

On that note, did a back and Biceps workout today. Have a great Thursday, friend.
Wow Lisa, CONGRATS!!!!! I had no idea, how cool is that!!!! So happy for you guys. It's amazing you have been getting in workouts. Made this ole guys day to hear this, so very happy for all of you!!!!
Today was shoulders for me and rather restrained. 5 sets DB press and 3 sets of side laterals, rear delt flys and Oly plate front raises. Not a heavy day I just showed up and that's all.
Again Lisa, such special news, a fun Christmas for your family!! Thanks for the heads up on future missed workouts!!,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.