Lifting like girls

An actual leg day, first legit one in over a month and while it probably pales in comparison to what y'all do, it was rough on me!! 6 sets leg press, mostly sets of 10, 2x8 rev lunges, 2x12 gob squats, kb swings x25 20, and 4 sets of weighted calf raises....needed the railing to make it up the stairs!
All for me, off to a meeting then PM work...have a goodun friends!

Arm day. Typical 18 sets, all 10-15 reps. 3 sets tris, 3sets bis and so on. Skullcrushers 3x15 ( 2 45s)/ ez bar curls x15 12 12 (90) pushdowns x12 12 10/ db curls a 12 12 10 (45s) kickbacks 3x15 (45s)/ hammer curls 3x12 (35s). When I did sts I was a lot leaner, but my arms have grown like crazy!! Would probably trade some size for lean BUT, if I'm "a gonna be a tubby". I might as well have some "jacks"! All for me friends. Lisa, so glad you got MY cardio done lol!! ( now I know why I'm not leaner..., NO CARDIO!!!

Yesterday, first day of Summer, and the temperature got up to 65 degrees. Now, that’s a Summer day in Seattle. Living in Seattle I could always count on wearing a sweat shirt on July 4th. Today will be 68. Unreal!! I’ve given myself a rest this week, so mostly looong walks and yoga. Have a great weekend!

Tom the tubby is a great alliteration but I don't believe that it's true! I agree that strong is better than scrawny slender if you can make that choice!

Karen we've had a cold snap too. Wow, I had no idea Seattle is that cold in summer! That plus the rain REALLY makes it a "never live" place for me. Too bad because it's beautiful. Glad you're giving yourself a TLC rest week. Hope it energizes you, along with the pumpkin spice espresso beans too, of course!

Full body weights this morning. June is flying by! Almost time to start Tom's college football season countdown! Enjoy your weekends!

Today was shoulders and I tried. I am about crippled from leg day...wow, awful, can't hardly sit down! 7 sets of standing militaries all sets of 8 at 45 65 85 105 95 85 then 65x16 and a finishing set of seated db press, 45s x10 and they felt like 60s! I am pathetic at these and have about quit standing presses because I can't get my hands straight up, but it still feels like Delts get worked. Next were 3x15 side laterals, oly plate front raises x15 12 12 and rear delt flys 3x15 and called it a day.
Karen, hope you are enjoying Seattle and Lisa, we are excited about Nebraska this year, think they are on the upswing and hope someday to win some championships..AGAIN! Have some fun this weekend friends!!

Chest tri day, 8 sets flat bench, 2 sets db inclines. Bench was up to 215x2, 225x1 205x5 (all small block under shirt)185x5 (small block on bar) and 155x8 ( no block and I lived!) db inclines 65a x10 55s x15 and tris were 2 sets of skullcrushers and 2 sets of pushdowns. Hopefully back and bis tomorrow. Later comrades!!

Hey! I’m back. Yesterday was a chest, shoulders and triceps workout. Today was a booty workout.
My Ford Ranger is doing strange things. It’s a five speed, and occasionally when I’m driving it, the engine will start racing, like we’re driving the Indie 500. I shut it down, when I start it again, it’s fine. Either of you have any experience with anything like this? I took it to the shop, and the tec said he had no problems with it. Sheeesh, what a pain. Think it’s time for a new vehicle. Any recommendations? That’s about it, I’m done whining. Take care!

No mechanics here Karen! I had a little Ranger years ago and it was fun, but the gas gage was messed up, and I ran out of gas. I showed at least 1/4 tank so I called my buddy who owned a gas station to go get it....he took a gas can, and drove it home....still living that one down!!
Lisa, I feel pretty safe with the lighter stuff but I can't touch my chest till the end of the w/o and I'm tired. Usually my first set at 135 with the block hurts the most lol!!
I bailed on back and bis, 2hours sleep Sunday night and even though I had a better nite Monday, I still bailed! I did however hit the pull up bar at the gym at work and did 14, and I could have gotten 15 ( with some air kicking). Back and bis it is tomorrow!! Glad you are all hittin it!!

Karen, no mechanically inclined brain cells in my body, but my guess is the problem is that it's a Ford. No offense to Henry and his company but every Ford I've ever owned--personally or vicariously through friends/fam--have had weird, quirky things or just otherwise showed themselves to be pieces of garbage. We had a mustang that kept having mysterious problems, similar to your Ranger, and the mechanic kept saying "looks fine to me"...except it really wasn't. Moved on to Hondas and haven't looked back since.

Tom those pullups sound like Cross Fit style so I'd say those count for sure! Hope you can rest tonight. Do you like herbal teas or anything? Those can help bring on the zzzzzzzzz's.

Total body weights today. Glad it's Wednesday! Just a bit over a week until the 4th. Time to plan the grilling menu!

Tom, you need to start knitting and crocheting (sp) just before bed, that will definitely bring on the Zzzzzz's. I am so impressed with your pull-up number, if I can get three to five it's a good day. Yes, Lisa I know what you mean about a Ford. In high school we called them the "Fix Or Repair Daily." And the fact that it's 20 years old, could have something to do with it.
Today was a back and bicep workout, and I'm having a hard time doing bicep curls. Hammer is ok, but the curls hurt my wrist. But it was a good workout.
Grilling sounds so good. I bought DH a big ole meat order from a steak and beef place, for Father's Day, he can't wait to slam something on the grill. That's all I got! Tomorrow.

Lisa, I agree on the Hondas. We have an Accord and DW has an Oddessy ( sp??), just love em. Karen, not sure bout that knitting thing lol!! Glad ya " got er done despite the wrist issue....hope it gets better!
Today was back and bis, chins x10 8 6, pullover x12 12 10 and 1 arm cable pulls 3x10. Bis were 2x10 db curls, hammer curls x8 and db 21s. All for me, tomorrow's legs????. NO ONE KNOWS???

I made it to leg day.,yay!! 4x10 leg press 1x10 single leg deadlift 2x8 db rev lunges 2x12 gob squats and 1x20 kb swings. Calves were 3 sets of kb calf raises. Then threw in cable crunches x30 20 then 20 pushups with my feet up on the bench. Now, hopefully I won't be crippled....AGAIN!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.