Lifting like girls

Lisa, the only Avengers I know? A British spy show from the 1960’s. I thought it was so cool, right up there with “Man From U.N.C.L.E. And Illya Kuriachan. (Sp) It was on Acorn TV a couple of years ago. I watched it, it was so corny(for lack of another word) I thought WTH did I ever see in this. But then again, I was 12. Emma Peel ( the female star) wore cat suits and go go boots! OMG! DH was looking at me like I had lost my mind. He finally said, “I can’t watch this anymore. I can’t believe you ever watched it!” So there ya go, what we thought was great as a kid, not so much now. I’m looking at you, “Gilligan’s Island!” Today was a Lauren Brooks KB workout, get ups, goblet squats, pull-ups. Swings. The usual KB stuff. That’s about it guys! Be fabulous!

Lisa, the only Avengers I know? A British spy show from the 1960’s. I thought it was so cool, right up there with “Man From U.N.C.L.E. And Illya Kuriachan. (Sp) It was on Acorn TV a couple of years ago. I watched it, it was so corny(for lack of another word) I thought WTH did I ever see in this. But then again, I was 12. Emma Peel ( the female star) wore cat suits and go go boots! OMG! DH was looking at me like I had lost my mind. He finally said, “I can’t watch this anymore. I can’t believe you ever watched it!” So there ya go, what we thought was great as a kid, not so much now. I’m looking at you, “Gilligan’s Island!” Today was a Lauren Brooks KB workout, get ups, goblet squats, pull-ups. Swings. The usual KB stuff. That’s about it guys! Be fabulous!
I just quoted myself. I don’t know how that happened. My schedule is something I used to prepare for a competition. Working every body part twice a week. Two parts a day. So, three days on, then a rest day. Then three days on. So on, so on, so on.

Karen, I bet that British 007 wannabe from the 60s would be more up my alley than today's Avengers, which is basically like all of the Marvel comics books threw up onto the same movie screen. Whoever had the idea was brilliant, it's a moneymaking empire with Captain America, Iron Man, Spider Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, etc all together in the same story...I'd say you would need to be a dateless loser living in your Mom's basement to enjoy it, but then my DH has seen all of them and wants to see this one, so there goes that theory....Not like I can be too elitist, as a kid I thought Anne of Green Gables (book and movie) were so romantic and I wanted to marry Gilbert Blythe. So yeah, there's that. I also loved the Benji movies. WTH?

I love the idea of a 2 body part per day split. For legs, do you have two dedicated overall leg days or like a glute day and then quad/hammie day?

Lisa, right now I’m pairing chest and triceps, back and biceps. Shoulders and legs, the longest workout. I do butt, hamstrings, quads and a little bit of calf work, along with shoulders. I will do this for about six weeks then switch it up again. Maybe hamstrings, butt and calf. Then back tricep and shoulder, and then chest, bicep and quads. Just always mixing it up.

I'm so out of it....probably neither! DW and I Have seen a few movies lately but NOTHING action adventure. A girl at work is OBSESSED with Captain America...don't get it, maybe if it was a she!!!
Medium bench day, used 82% of 1rm, 7 sets of 205x5, up 5# from last week! Rep 34 and 35 were a struggle! Finished bench with 135x12, no block "for the stretch"! Accessories were 4x10 pulldowns, db press (55s) x12 8 and 2x18 rear delt flys (45s). Ez bar curls (100) 2x8 and db curls (45s) 2x10, skullcrushers x12 10 (45s )and kickbacks (35s) 2x20. 4 sets of each accessory body part, about 80 min as they want a full 3 min rest between each Bench set. Gotta admit I was FRIED EVERYWHERE UPPER BODY!! Tomorrow legs, core or SOMETHING....we will see. Manana friends! ( or maybe a wee bit later).

Some legs and core, 3x20 leg press...freakin long sets, light but wobbly leg inducers! Then staggard 1 leg deads 3x8 at just 100# but plenty for old stiff me. 3x25 calf raises, unweighted but slow with full rom, off a 5 in platform holding the peak for a second or two. I finished with 3x10 cable crunches adding 20# to my previous heaviest weight. Legs were tired after the w/o and I guess that's the point! Off tomorrow then heavy day Monday...gonna try to use 230...we will see how that goes! Have a terrific weekend friends!

Karen, that definitely reads like a figure competition prep split. Looks tough!!! Thank you for sharing.

Tom, we're all "outta the loop" apparently when it comes to cool movies, so you fit right in here. Sometimes light weights burn worse than PR weights, lol. Nice leg work today

Today I did PHA plus cardio blasts Live. Cathe just moves SO fast on leg work and I get frustrated because I try to go A2G and it can't happen at her speeds! Was still a fun routine tho. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Yea, I gave up movies years ago. Every movie was a political statement, or the movie was just depressing. I went to movies to be entertained, and it just wasn’t happening. Today I did three body parts. Chest, shoulders and triceps. Good workout, I was fried. I’m with you on the leg work, Lisa. Too fast for me. I’m looking for A to G as well. That’s it, till Monday!

Today was a disaster bench wise but I did receive punishment! Usually I am horrible on warm ups but it gets better, today the left shoulder NEVER felt stable. 135 3x3 was awful and the same for 155x3 185x2 and singles at 205 and 215...the bar just felt terrible on the descent. Then at 220 I just let it down and didn't even try to move it...got stuck! I dropped to 185, unracked it and it just didn't feel "there". Its then I decided to inflict some light weight punishment and did 100 reps at 135. X23 15 12 then 5x10. I really did feel this and hope I don't lose too much ground today by not being able to go heavy. 4 sets of each accessory body part ex cept bis, 5 sets on those because they didn't feel worked enough after 4. Back was chins x10 8 8 and a set of Pullovers x12. Shoulders were db press x9 side laterals/ front raise 2x8 and 1x20 rear delt flys. Bis were 3x10 alt db curls, 1x15 hammer curls and 1x15 con ccurls finishing with skullcrushers x12 10 pushdowns x8 and kickbacks x20. This freakin workout took me 2 hours..,WTH!!
Hope y'all start the week better than I did....happy Monday friends!

Today was a metabolic total body. It was all that sounded good. I seem to be getting stronger and better with power/ fast twitch muscle movements, so that's good.

Geez. Tom, today's workout sounded rough and long! I admire that you kept after it. That's what it's all about, just keep going. Reminds me of the Dunkin Donuts "gotta make the donuts" commercials!

Karen, hope your week starts off with greatness.

This morning was to be a heavy weight workout, quads, chest and tris. But Julia was doing heavy weights with hiit. I decided to get it done in one workout. So I did Julia. Good workout. Harder than expected. But, glad I did it, nice to be done. What is it about Julia? She just kicks my butt, and I keep going back for more. Got a house to clean, I’m out!

Back on program with light day. After warm up 165 (65%) 4x7 and was able to remove the block last set. I know it was light but my first set was 135x8 and it didn't kill me like 135x3 did Monday?? Accessories were chin ups x10 7 7 ( middle set was overhand and those are NOT good for me joint wise)! Db shoulder press 55sx10 10 8, dbcurls 45s x12 10 10 and skullcrushers 45s x12 10 8...about 50 minutes...yay for short! Old guy out...do your hump day proud!

Got in a good lower body workout today. Thinking about tweaking my diet a bit, not for weight loss but for energy. Been feeling sluggish lately, even more so than normal as a mom of 3 youngins'. I think I need fewer carbs, more protein? IDK. I don't have time to over think it. Anything that helps either of you feel energized?

Maybe not speed, but we do live pretty close to Oregon, lots of herbal adventures available there!!! Oh wait, those things give you the munchies (allegedly, just going off information provided by others, of course of course!). Karen, I eat oatmeal and I do love Ezekiel bread. I've dropped pretty much all other grains, except for popcorn here and there. I eat loads of veggies, it's kind of ridiculous. My DD1 tells people that her mom's favorite food is "salad and vegetables" so your comment makes me think I need to up the fat and maybe kill the Ezekiel bread...I don't think I could give up both oats and Ezekiel at once. But hey Tom, you can keep the Twizzlers!

Dogs, kids. Yeah they live it up while us suckers, the parents, cater to their every need! Karen took her "kids" to the dentist today and mine go in 2 weeks. Tom, we're giving your people lots of business!!!

You ladies need to move to the "sticks" like me! Ezekiel bread??? WTH is that? Dogs to the "dentist"??. Just kidding, there is that, at least in the city! My life is much simpler now, just lift a little then "pull" a little!!
Today was 80% day on bench, I bumped it up to 210 and again did 35 reps but not all sets of 5. 5x5 3x3 and a single to finish out to 35 reps. Next I we moved the block and did a finishing set of 135x12 for stretch. Accessories were 4 sets of pulldowns, 3 sets of Db press, 1 sets of side laterals/ front raise, 2 sets Db curls 2 sets hammer curls 1 set conc curls 3 sets of pushdowns and a set of kickbacks to finish. With warm up sets it was 31 sets in all. Yesterday was a bust, water in the basement and a really sore thutt from the last leg day ( hate rev lunges)!! All for me, keep on truckin friends!!

Some legs and core today. 3x10 leg press, then deads 205x5 225x3 255x3 1. 255 felt like a Mac truck, dunno why but even 205 was heavy! I cut my losses and bailed after 255. I did 3x12 gob squats, 3x8 rev lunges and 3x25 calf raises. Abs were3x20 cable crunches. Wasn't my day but legs were tired so "mission accomplished"! Tomorrow is rest day, and so be it! Enjoy your weekend ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.