Lifting like girls

Oh Lisa! Your Camille Doll story reminds me of the Cabbage Patch debacle, when DD1 was younger. Almost had to go on the black market to find one. Because that’s all she wanted. Then the next year, they were in every toy store. Millions of them. Oh my gosh, the things we do(or I did!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge podge day, 3 sets of bench 115x8 165x8 200x4, 3 sets of deads 205x4 sumo 225x8 conv and 275x5 sumo. Next for legs, 2x8 db squats 70s, 2x8 rev lunges 40s and 2x20 kb swings 50 and 2x25 standing db calf raises 90s. I will try to do some core stuff and maybe shoulders tomorrow. Sat bball on the agenda, helped a friend move some stuff this morning and bring old and all, may have to do some "tv bingeball"!!! Enjoy your weekends fellow "ironheads" ( got no be a little demented to even think that's a compliment) !!

I remember the cabbage patch says...wow! Never has so much fuss been about something so homely!!! I wrote my post earlier and AGAIN didn't get it sent...,In too freakin old for this o_O. Never had girls so I guessed I missed all the fun..,,even all grandsons....no fair!!

uessed I missed all the fun..,,even all
Wow, all boys for 2 solid generations??? Do you have a sister? If not that makes 3 generations, geez.

Lol the Cabbage Patch dolls were definitely, ahem, homely
...should I say ugly as dirt since they were literally supposed to have been born in a garden! I was one of those kids begging for a Cabbage Patch doll. Actually gave my DDs my old dolls and their reaction was, not gonna lie, basically "WTH are these things?" My dolls were in good shape but their hair is madd of yarn. YARN! Whyyyyy?

Hope your teams won today. My DH is back to watching the Colts so he is happy

Well Tom, I’m not so sure having all boys is a bad thing. My girls were so much harder than my boys. OMG! Soooo much drama. My DH looked at me one day and said, “and they were such cute sweet babies! What happened?” I told him the hormones were kicking in. That took care of that conversation.
And yes, the Cabbage Patch Doll was hideous. They all came with a name. When I finally found one, and brought it home, DH just looked at it and shook his head, and said “next year she’s getting a basketball.”

Last edited:
I'm cracking up...my DW said GI Joe jets were the same thing....IMPOSSIBLE!! Not only were my kids boys only, but my dad had 2 boys and my brother has 3 boys...only boys. So we were 0 for 10!!! Not really because my brothers kids have had 10 girls and 2 boys, so I guess it evens out...,sort of! Anyway, I have no idea how to deal with girls.....the story of my life Lol!!!

Cardio and abs...seemed like lots of abs! Started with 5 mi on the airdyne ( reason to celebrate right there), then a 12 set circuit of
Inclined sit ups x20/ cable crunches x20/ Inclined leg lifts x10/ cable crunches ( again) x20 and did this circuit 3x, finishing with a 1 min side plank on each side. I was ready to end it by then...,and did! I think tomorrow I will do shoulders since I missed a tough shoulder workout this week and I have time since I don't work to " bust em up"!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend friends!

Shoulders today and tried to "fry em". I rode the bike for 1 mile to warm up, then standing militaries 45x8 to warm up 100x10 5, seated BB military 100 x10 5. Next was seated db press 50s x10 40s x15, then a set of 21s, halfway up x7 halfway down x7 then full ROM x7.....these were killer at the end and I had to drop to 30s. Side laterals 25s 3x12. seated rear delt flys 3x12 with 35s, and BB front raises 50 3x12, BB shrugs 225 3x20 and a burn out set of side laterals with 15s. 21 sets in all and I am STILL a HORRIBLE PRESSOR!!!! Ugh, but tried at least, just never will be good at it...oh well, not the only thing I suck at...unfortunately! Hope all are well, pretty nice day here, near 60....YAY:D.

Hey guys. Today was the last workout of 2018 Cathe Live. Thought my upper body was ready for another workout, but 10 minutes in, and I thought my triceps were going to fall off. I guess it takes longer than a couple of days to recover from a Julia workout. Any how I liked this Cathe Live. Good, short upper body workout.
I think there is a stolen car parked on the street in front of my house. Called the police, and they still haven’t shown up. But it’s been there a couple of days. No plates, but it has a registration in the window. Like it was recently purchased. None of the neighbors know anything about it, so I called the police. We will see what happens. Never a dull moment. Dreary, no sun here today. Off and on rain and snow. That’s about it! Tomorrow.

Pretty good chest and tri day. On bench I hit singles at 215 220 and 225, then 205x3 185x5 and 165 x10. Tris were 3 sets of skullcrushers, 2 sets of pushdowns and a burn out set of kickbacks. Another work day, more "molar marauding"! Make it a goodun!

It's just been Julia the last couple of days. I really need to get in gear and get a rotation going. Now I'll just wait till the new Cathe arrives, and get a rotation using it, Julia, Mark Lauren, and heaven forbid, I'm kinda in a Horizontal Conditioning mood. Maybe working in all of them in a two week period. Everyday is a surprise. So now that I think about it, kettlebells are looking good. Just never know. By the time I'm done, it will be a little bit of everything, and a whole lot of nothing.
The stolen car, turned out to be not stolen. The police officer arrived, took the information off the registration, phoned the owner, and they said they would be picking it up that night. Evidently, it had broken down, or something. I've had that happen before, but I always inform the homeowner, so they don't get a wild hair and call the police. Anyway, it was a positive. My older dughter, (number 3 child) will celebrate her 39th birthday tomorrow. Wow, time flies. Guess my "Spring Chicken" years have passed. That's about it, hope you are all well, and enjoying the after Holidays quiet. Till tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for my MIA status. Definitely no quiet for us after the holidays, sadly. Spent Sunday afternoon at ER and pediatric dentist. Courtesy of DD1 (who was not acting maliciously but was definitely NOT following family rules that she KNOWS) bumped DS into the fireplace. One front baby tooth gone until the permanent one comes in. 3 other teeth still in peril, pediatric dentist trying to save. Follow up with him tomorrow. I was/am a wreck over it. My sweet happy DS is so strong, so joyful. You would never know he got hurt unless you looked at his mouth. So, yeah, no fun. Now I am helicopter parenting until he's fully healed because he's all boy and wants to plow through the house.

Still working out but just for my mental health more than anything. No PRs happening. Did legs Monday, HiiT Tuesday, XTrain Chest back Shoulders Burn Sets today.

Karen, glad the car wasn't stolen after all but still, geez, tell the homeowner like you said! Happy 39th to your DD and can't wait to follow you doing your mish mosh rotation.

Tom, seems like your cold is gone? Amazing single bench loads today!!!

Hey guys, sorry for my MIA status. Definitely no quiet for us after the holidays, sadly. Spent Sunday afternoon at ER and pediatric dentist. Courtesy of DD1 (who was not acting maliciously but was definitely NOT following family rules that she KNOWS) bumped DS into the fireplace. One front baby tooth gone until the permanent one comes in. 3 other teeth still in peril, pediatric dentist trying to save. Follow up with him tomorrow. I was/am a wreck over it. My sweet happy DS is so strong, so joyful. You would never know he got hurt unless you looked at his mouth. So, yeah, no fun. Now I am helicopter parenting until he's fully healed because he's all boy and wants to plow through the house.

Still working out but just for my mental health more than anything. No PRs happening. Did legs Monday, HiiT Tuesday, XTrain Chest back Shoulders Burn Sets today.

Karen, glad the car wasn't stolen after all but still, geez, tell the homeowner like you said! Happy 39th to your DD and can't wait to follow you doing your mish mosh rotation.

Tom, seems like your cold is gone? Amazing single bench loads today!!!
Lisa, so sorry to hear about DS....geeze! The good news is it's primary and HOPE it did no damage to the permanent bud!! It's always harder on us!!!! Glad he is motoring, but definitely understand the helicopter Mom thing!! Hopefully all will be well!
Karen, you have such eclectic taste in lifting!!! Ya can't piggeon hole you!! Till tomorrow friends....stay vertical!! ( until nite!)

Lisa, oh my gosh. I can definitely understand the helicopter parenting. What a pain. Hope all is well, and nothing but good news tomorrow. Bless his heart, for the good disposition. Take care, good vibes sent your way.

Freakin died, leg day, THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE!!! 6 sets of bench squats, not real heavy but finished with 3x3 at 205, THEN gob squats 50 kb 3x20 ( usually do 10-12), 3x8 rev lunges (35s) and 3x20 kb swings (50). Calves were BB calf raises 205 6x20....6!! This is probably the hardest I have hit legs in awhile...definitely gonna pay!! In some sort of masochistic way it felt good, but pretty sure my opinion on that will differ manyana!!!! Cripple out my friends, hopefully my arms will work tomorrow for ARM DAY....may have to do it sitting down...if I can! Adios, been real!

Today was arms and I went after it! 26 sets, all supersets, skullcrushers (50s), 5x10/ Ez bar curls (100,) 4x8 1x7, pushdowns 3x10, db curls (40s) 3x10, Inclined skullcrushers (35s) 3x10/ decline curls (35s) x10 7 9, and kickbacks 35s 2x18/ 21s (55) 2 sets. It felt good to beat arms up a bit and I am surprised that I'm not real sore from yesterday...may come later, but so far so good. We are expecting 6 to 9 inches of snow today and tomorrow and DW is leaving to dog sit...hope she gets there before it hits! All for me ladies, have a great Friday!!

Yesterday was an upper body workout, today was lower body. It looked like harmless lower body work. But, I was puffing like a steam engine. Julia has a thing for burpees. But, she has changed her body in the last two years. I've done some of her two year ago workouts, and more recent workouts. Such a big change! She was in good shape two years ago, now, she's in great shape, with a nicer butt. Today was "Lower Body Lift With Cardio Burst #2"

16 " box
Heavy Weights
Ankle Weights

5 sets Sumo Squat Deadlift 10 reps
*60 seconds decline burpee split lunge snatch, feet on 16" box*

Superset/4 Sets
1- Goblet Single Leg Box Squat 10 each leg
2-Narrow DB Romanian DL 10 reps
*60 seconds pendulum lunge hops & pistol squats*

Exercise/4 Sets
1-Back load reverse lunge + static lunges 8 reps each leg
*60 seconds switch foot mountain climbers + front kick, jab, cross and upper*

Ankle Weight Triset/3 sets
1- Fire Hydrant to kickback 10 reps each leg
2- Angled straight leg raise 10 reps each leg
3- figure 4 single leg hip bridge 10 reps each leg
*60 seconds one foot on 16" elevation- lunge bulgarian DL, single leg pushup then switch legs

I know none of this makes sense, but it's one of her few workouts that was an hour. (most are longer) I did it because it looked easy, but my butt was kicked when I finished.

Lisa, hope the dentist had all good news for DS.
Tom, keep killing it! Hope your snow storm is mild.

Death by 8s today. Trying to increase shoulder mobility so used the small block on the bar which deepens the rom. I went light and did 10 sets of bench and 5 sets of chins. Bench was, after 2 warm up sets, 155 5x8, dropped to 135 5x8 and finished with Chin ups 5x8. After yesterday's 26 set arm day, this was pretty freakin tough!!
We are snowed in, about a foot down and still snowing....hate this stuff!
All for me, was going to shovel max all day, but DW made a call from St Louis and going to get it blades off....,yay, DW for the WIN!!!!

We ended up with 15 in of snow, the most in along time. The drive got bladed but it snowed another 3 in, so I got to shovel anyway and it is a long driveway!
Today I did a cardio/core circuit of 1/2 mile bile/ 20 cable crunches/ deadlift (205) x10/ back to cable crunches x 20 and only did this circuit 3x...that was enough! I am actually sore from the extended rom bench yesterday. I usually end up doing at least 10 sets and a lot heavier than yesterday, but the shorter block combined with sets of 8 really worked! My weight is the lowest it has been since Aug...I weighed 187.5. I have been trying to lean down a bit, but fluctuate because, in my heart, I WANT TO BE A THUG!!! I have been cutting back on some carbs...stupid stuff that I don't need, but still trying to get about 200 gm of protein/day.
All for me. think I will take my life in my hands and head to the city to do some errands...as long as the roads are passable! Adios friends, have a great Sunday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.