Life after STS

I am experiencing the same quandary. I posted a thread for post STS suggestions. I wasn't sure if I should go back to a muscle endurance type of workout for a few weeks or build on the strength gains I have made. This is my first week not doing STS and I feel lost! I am doing some of the circuit workouts just to transition (like the Gauntlet and BM2).

I did a ton or searching through the posted rotations to try to find something. I have put together a combo of a couple of the strength and heavy weight focused rotations Cathe posted previously. I am going to try that for a month then try the undulating rotation using STS. While I love STS weights, I do think I need a bit of a break before suffering through those darn plates!!! LOL

Heather

After finishing the 5.5 month rotation of STS, how do I keep the muscle I have gained plus add more???

After finishing the 5.5 month rotation of STS, how do I keep the muscle I have gained plus add more???

keep lifting! personally, i'm on the last week of STS and after next week's active recovery, i'm starting it all over again. i love it! but you can do other stregth training workouts to keep building muscle..

As Heather mentioned, there are lots of suggestions out there.

I am doing Cathe's June rotation and have to say that I am REALLY surprised at how tough those circuits are. I thought that after STS workouts like BM2 or LIC would be wussy, but I am amazed at Cathe's ability to put together killer workouts...even if they aren't STS. So if you decide to give STS a rest, there are plenty of workouts that will help you keep your gains.

I did BM2 on Sunday and really bumped up my weights and was pleasantly surprised myself. I did the Gauntlet Tuesday and was lifting SOOO much heavier that I now have DOMs for the first time ever from doing one of the circuit style workouts. YEAH!

Heather

As Heather mentioned, there are lots of suggestions out there.

I am doing Cathe's June rotation and have to say that I am REALLY surprised at how tough those circuits are. I thought that after STS workouts like BM2 or LIC would be wussy, but I am amazed at Cathe's ability to put together killer workouts...even if they aren't STS. So if you decide to give STS a rest, there are plenty of workouts that will help you keep your gains.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.