Life After People....

delfin

Cathlete
Did anyone see this thought-provoking show on the History Channel last night? Fascinating! Its basic premise is, the humans disappear (we never know how or why) and nature slowly but surely reclaims the earth. The computer-generated imagery showing vines taking over NYC's skyscrapers, cars turning into skeletons, bridges tumbling into rivers, etc. was something to see. Also interesting, for you dog-lovers, was what they think will happen to the family pet. The theory is, that the medium-sized, faster, dogs will survive, eventually pairing up with wolves to create some kind of wolf-dog hybrid. Alas, the little dogs, and the ones bred with extreme features (like the very pushed-in faces and squat phsyiques of bulldogs), well, these dogs wouldn't fare very well.

Also amazing, they show a village that was abandoned after Chernobl, and you could witness how nature simply took over there... especially the soccer stadium, which now has trees growing in the field!

If you have a chance to catch this show, (I'm assuming they'll show it again), I highly recommend watching it.

Ditto. DH and I watched this last night and liked it very much. Finally, thought provoking television! It is a miracle! :)

Is this documentary by chance based on a book? I seem to remember Jon Stewart (The Daily Show) interviewing a writer about this same premise. It sounds fascinating to me. Thanks for sharing!

Carolyn

Wow thats really something. I do hope there is a time when the planet can reclaim itself and become whole again. You can see this very thing occured with the Mayan civilization. There are still masses of their structures left uncovered.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.