Let's talk turkey

Ok. I did not order my usual turkey this year and my inlaws are coming. I am going to try your turkey. I only have one question. What the heck is a cheesecloth and where would I go to buy one!!!
LD

Ok. I did not order my usual turkey this year and my inlaws are coming. I am going to try your turkey. I only have one question. What the heck is a cheesecloth and where would I go to buy one!!!
LD

Hi Runner Girl. Cheesecloth is like a giant piece of gauze - you can buy it at almost any grocery store or drug store. Hope you enjoy your turkey! Happy Thanksgiving!

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

Hey Wendy,
Just be careful not to burn down that new house when you fry that turkey!! LOL
But seriously, it does happen. You have to lower that bird REAL SLOW into the oil - and be sure it's peanut oil heated to at least 400 degrees. Also, there's a tool that will help you lower the bird. I don't know what it's called but it looks like an up side down triangle (the kind you may have played as a kid in elementary school music class). Living here in south Louisiana I've had MANY fried turkeys and YES they are wonderful and easy to prepare - no basting required! Just season the bird before And as soon as it comes out of the fryer. You can check foodtv.com. for further instructions. Enjoy!!!

Flash

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.