LET'S GET INSANE - Wed, 7/29

HaveFun

Cathlete
Good Morning All!!

PCC done. On the last set of ski abs to in/outs I just gave out :eek: PCC is still the toughest workout for me so far. I was also dragging myself out of bed this morning since I was up late baking & decorating 4 dozen cupcakes for my youngest DD's camp for her birthday today, but now I feel awesome :D

Dawn - Looks lot I need to do a Cathe shopping trip eventually. I do not have PS, 4DS or STS :eek:

ISeeFitPeople - Great job on that video blog!! I couldn't imagine taping myself doing these workouts - let's just say it would not be pretty ;)

Have an awesome day everyone!!! :cool:

Good morning all.

I did PCC (pure cardio circuit for the newbies :D) today, and I agree that it is the hardest one for me (so far ;)), but I am improving. Today I tried it without a pre-warm up. I think I'll go back to a pre-warm up since it lets me start up at a higher intensity then without it.

I am looking forward to recovery!!! I think doing last weeks 2nd Plyo on Sunday evening instead of Sat caught up to me. :eek:

Phew! I've gotta hit the shower. I hope to BBL...

so i'm unsure what i'm going to do today. i was actually thinking about skipping to one of the month 2 workouts to mix it up as i'm getting bored with the 1st batch of videos.

iseefitpeople: i saw your youtube video for pure cardio. good job!!! i notived you had a gowearfit on your arm. how do you like it? i'm curious to know how many cals you burn during these insanity workouts?

hope everyone has a great day. taking the boards at 1. its a 5 hour exam so i don't think i will be celebrating tonight but tomorrow going out to dinner with the fam which will be nice.

Hi Guys,

I just found this thread, and was so excited! I'm loving Insanity, and have done all of the month 1 workouts at least twice. I'm not following the program exactly as written, as I'm still lifting 3 days per week, so Insanity is my cardio on those days. Yesterday I did Max Interval Circuit - whew!! They sure humble me the first (or second, or third) time I do them.

I'm a little afraid before I do each workout, but they sure don't have the dread factor for me. I can't wait for cardio days!

kariev,
5 hour exam, wow. You know I guess my EIT exam was probably about that long, but it was soooo long ago, I've forgotten about it. Since doing well doesn't really have to do with luck I'll just say Go get em!!

Also, I have a GWF and my calorie burn has been in the 360 to 400 area for these workouts. I'd be interested in hearing what others are seeing though. I really need to replace the battery in my HRM watch portion so I can compare those readings.

Jan,
Welcome, and good for you. I think I'll wait till next month for the Max workouts. :p

I have a polar HR monitor with the band around my chest and a wristwatch data reader and my calorie burn has been in the 290-310 range. I think I need to get it calibrated because it is about 7 years old and I feel like I burn closer to 425-450 with these workouts. i am a pile of red faced, sweaty quivering female at the end of some of these workouts.
Jan: welcome aboard, it is always great to have another person to discuss the Insanity experience!!

today was CPR and once again I feel fabulous!! It is so much fun to do those tuck jumps and V pushups, but those globe jumps and moving pushups are tough for me at that stage of the workout. Gotta scoot to the shower and make some dinner for the DH and DS. Have a great evening

Brenda

well, i'm back from my exam and my workout. First, i'm not getting my hopes up about passing the exam. It was super hard and i just didn't walk out of it feeling all that confident. I'll know tomorrow. So i decided to take the plunge and do max interval circuit. It was insane but totally doable. I didn't take rest breaks by stopping completely i would just slow my movements down. The time flew by! Tommorrow will probably be some type of full body weights but i'm not sure.

Hey Guys!

So today like totally sucked for me. See video blog http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqLEnweqF9E

Anyways, I'm glad i started my video blog because otherwise i would have NOT done INSANITY today!!!!

kareiv- i have the Bodybugg model. I love it. I really had no idea what i was burning daily and I was just going by online calculators. I was way off. I live in nyc and walk everywhere and take subway stairs (double steps ;)) and teach 10 fitness classes a week. So it has been really helpful for me. I actually haven't checked what i burn during an insanity workout because i always forget to "set the trip", and I haven't downloaded the info to my computer yet. tomorrow is cardio recovery for me. but I will try to remember to set it on Fri and let ya'll know. Yesterday, I burned over 4000 calories, i did pure cardio, and taught 2 turbo kick classes. Today @ 11:30pm I'm at 3500-i did plyo cardio circuit and taught 2 strength training classes and a 15min abs- i do not lift the weights, i use an empty bar, and light if any dumbells. I just demo the 1st few and then walk around cueing and checking form-also went for a short bike ride to take my son to camp-about 30min round trip.

Okay tomorrow is a new day:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.