Legs workout what to eat before

Robbie Dru

Just bought the Legs dvd, I barely made it through the warm up and then lasted another 10 minutes. That is one tough workout. But my question is what should I eat before I do the workout so I can make it through. It's the first time I have seen Cathe sweat during one of her dvd's. I have been sore for the 3 days just from the few minutes I lasted. Any advice would be much appreciated.....

Which Leg workout??Buts and Guts or GS Legs or Leaner Legs or Legs and Glutes, Or PLB?

My advice is pause and stretch. Eventually you will make it.
You need to build up..Give it time and do not get discouraged.

When you do something new, you are most likely going to be sorer..
It will get better in time.

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Fuel-wise, I think it's more important what you eat the DAY BEFORE you workout, so you have a good store of glycogen to work with. Make sure you eat a good amount of healthy carbs, which is what will add to your glycogen stores.

If you had a hard time getting through the warm-up, I'd say that something is off. Did you get enough sleep the night before? Have you been overtraining? Maybe you're coming down with something.

Your being sore for 3 days after the 20 minutes or so you did of the workout makes me wonder if you tried to do too much too soon. What leg workout was this? And what types of leg workouts had you been doing previously? Did you omit the stretch after your workout?

HTH

Which type of good carbs would you recommend? I stay at home, but I get up early and don't stop until about 10:00 at night. I have very stressful days. I run around all day trying to get everything done, before my sister comes over for us to workout. Then after the workout I am running around doing everything. Everyone tells me I am wearing myself out and that I am never still. I have to take Lunesta everynite just to get to sleep. So I think the carbs are going to be my answer. I just got off the Alli diet, so I have been on a very strict diet. I lost 15 pounds. but I finished the diet yesterday. I do very well with the Gym style Arms which I do every other day. I also have Core Max but that is taking some practice, we are laughing more at me falling off the ball, but I know it just takes time. But any advice on carbs would be greatly appreciated. I love her videos. any other of her videos you recommend.

> Which type of good carbs would you recommend?

Oatmeal for breakfast.
Whole grain bread (sprouted is healthiest, IMO) for a sandwich/snack.
Quinoa/brown rice/buckwheat/millet with veggies at dinner.
Veggies of all kinds, especially green leafy ones.
Berries, apples, pears.

>I have to take Lunesta everynite
>just to get to sleep.

This doesn't sound like a good habit to get into. I encourage you to Substitute something healthier (like relaxing yoga in the evening; wearing a sleep mask to help your body produce its own melatonin; turning down the lights about an hour before bedtime to get your body into 'sleep' mode; doing some sort of relaxation; getting a better mattress and/or pillow if necessary; if you take calcium supplements, taking them in the evening, as calcium aids with relaxation)

Before you workout you should eat carb's. Then afterwards to help repair you muslce you should eat protein.

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.