Legs everyday??

jazzy75

Hey gang - I posted this elsewhere but someone suggested I ask you folks.

My thighs are my problem area and I've tried lots of different workouts and combinations. I'm just starting a legs everyday routine in which I'll do 10-20 minutes of low to no weight leg work (pilates, bar method, etc) 6 or 7 days a week. In addition to this I'll get some weighted lunges etc. once or twice a week from circuit workouts like Bootcamp, Cardio & Weights, etc. I did KickMax this morning and like the butt/leg work at the end. OK - I don't LIKE it but think it may be effective.

Has anyone tried this or have any input/advice?

thanks in advance

I've never tried it but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Overtraining muscles will shrink them. Also working larger muscles helps burn fat, so I'd recommend maybe at least doing squats & lunges w/heavier weights. If you're doing high reps it shouldn't build the muscle.

I'd suggest giving it a try for 6-8 weeks & see what kind of results you get. And let us know--I'd be interested in your outcome.........

You can search "lower body solution" which was a daily leg thing done here with some sucess by some of the ladies. I like to work each body part with a 24 hour rest period to allow muscles to repair and grow, even abs. It's a highly recommended method for optimal gains. Are you unhappy with your muscle definition and tone or fat over the muscle. If it's the latter, add cardio to burn fat and reveal those muscles! :)
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Thanks gals - I'm off to search "lower body solution" right now.

Bobbi - i do lots of cardio and am really quite fit and my upper body tones well. Just not the lower. My current schedule usuallly includes 3 or 4 cardio (40-60 min)only workouts, 1 or 2 circuit workouts, 2 upper body workouts, 6 leg workouts and mostly a 1.5 hour Asthanga practice each week. I've always been of the mindset to rest muscles 24 hours or more but have read how some have has success with the leg work I mentioned above. I'm going to stick with it for about 6 weeks and see how it goes. I'll report back.

My thighs hold steady at about 22 inches depsite all efforts. Slim Series, Leaner Legs, etc ,etc haven't put a dent in 'em! They're the only area of my body that doesn't seem to respond to my efforts!!! Here's hoping

Jazzy, you can email me and I will tell you all I can about Freestyle Training for women and how it helped me, it may or it may not be for you, but you can read about it and make up your own mind.... Rhonda:7

HI. I'm the one who told you to post over here. I'm so glad you did. I've been waiting for the responses too.

Rhonda, would you mind sharing about your freestyle training here or just letting me know where I can find some more info? Thanks.

I did KickMax this week and thought it would be a super one to do several times in a leaning out the leg rotation. I'm wondering if we did Leaner Legs, PUB and other workouts which are primarily legs, doing them every day but use no weight at all, if we'd get results. I have the exact same problem as you, easily build up top and have strong legs, but they always seem "thick" even more so when I workout a lot because of the swelling. Maybe we could lean out this way. It's worth a try, like you say, 6 weeks or so.

Yes, I will share, but I will share with you tomorrow. I am on late right now and having a hard time typing, so I will get on tomorrow and explain Freestyle to you and how it helped me...
The only reason I didn't before is because to many want to come against it. Rhonda:7

tHANKS RHONDA - I look forward to reading your info. I've done some searched on it but I get so many hits there's too much info. I'm anxious to hear about your personal experiences. I appreciate it.

So far I've been using Winsor Buns and Thighs, 2 Bar Method DVds and some Cathe workouts. I'm just getting started though. I Don't plan on doind any intense workouts like Leaner Legs...unless you'd recommend that. I was jyst doing some of the leg work in the circiut tapes.

Hi again, the reason I never got back to anyone like I said I would is our computer crashed saturday night and just got it out of the shop today... I sent emails to those of you who emailed me to let you know how freestyle worked for me and really I still use it... anyway, just keep an eye out for an email from me tomorrow... I am just to tired tonight to go into the details......... Rhonda:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.