Leg Workouts for strength or endurance?

gvaughn

Cathlete
I'm trying to rank Cathe's leg workouts on the spectrum from most strength focused to most endurance focused. Tell me what you think of this order:

STRENGTH
Slow & Heavy
Pure Strength
Pyramid Lower Body
Leaner Legs
Legs & Glutes
ENDURANCE

Looks pretty good to me.:) There's also some leg endurance work in Power Hour. I usually pair that with Slow & Heavy legs to make the workout longer and to get strength and endurance in one session.

Pinky

In theory I agree, but ........... I would add, that if anyone is coming back to exercise after a break, Leaner Legs also promotes strength gains. For some reason, LL is always the one I start back with. Must be a masochist or something. Also I have found PLB to promote strength gains also, just as much as the PS legs video. This is based on personal experience.

Clare

Strength
S&H
PS SL&A
PLB
MIS (lower body section only)
LL
L&G
P/P (particularly the 2 or 3 set premixes)
ME (lower body split premix)
PH (doing the squat and lunge segments back to back)
SS (particularly the 'lower body blast premix')
BC (lower body only premix)
Endurance

When I put MIS above LL, that is because I suspect most people go heavier with MIS than they do with LL. I know Cathe uses 35# for both, but I tend to do MIS heavier since there are fewer reps than in LL and several rests. As far as PH, it only has 2 lower body segments, but to me, they seem to go on for forever (in a good way). And SS's lower body blast premix is next to impossible for me to finish with the weight Cathe uses. I have to drop down to 5 lbs or no weight at all for that last set of one-legged squats. And I put Boot Camp's lower body segment last because it is short and moves fairly quickly.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.