Leg Endurance Workouts

Gianna

Hello Cathe,
While visiting the U.S. I purchased the Pure Strength Series, this being my first introduction to your workouts. I have found these to be excellent! The guidance for correct form etc is fantastic. It is like having a personal trainer in my living room.

For the past year I have been working out at a gym being guided by a personal trainer. I have achieved great results, but I do tend to bulk up easily, especially in the legs. I did find some advice you had given on this topic which is most helpful. Would you please suggest some "leg endurance workouts" from your DVD selection. As I am purchasing internationally, I want to be sure to order the most appropriate DVDs so I may effectively work to achieve less lower body bulk, but build definition & strength. I have implemented lower weight and higher reps. Thank you for your advice & for providing such high quality/standard "at home" fitness options. :)

Gianna:

the best leg endurance workout Cathe has made is Leaner Legs from the CTX series.

It hits all the leg and glute muscles efficiently, moves along smartly, no time wasted, no real rests, and has high reps with cathe's famous "low ends" where you work the low end of the movement for an added burn, with a barbell weighing no more than 35 pounds, or 10 and 8 pound dumbells.

I just did it again last night after having done the Gym Style lower body workout for several weeks and Leaner Legs did it to me again! I am sore today and I am so used to doing this workout, just haven't done it for a while.

If you post this on the forum where we discuss cathe's workouts, you will get more reviews from other forum members. I think Legs & Glutes is also an endurance workout, but I have never done it so cannot comment on it.

Cathe calls in here infrequently these days and you could wait a long time for a response. Call in at the other forums and we can all chime in with comments for you to help in your purchasing decision. OK?

Clare

You may want to try the Legs and Glutes from her Body Blast Series and Gym Style Legs. LOve them both. They are truly amazing ones.

I have to second the Leaner Legs workout. I did it this morning and my legs are dead! When I went to do my daily 2 mile run at lunchtime, it was much harder than usual. Legs & Glutes is very good as well, and much more fun. I feel energized after that workout. But when I want to exhaust my legs, I reach for LL. I understand the Gym Style Legs is similar.

- Shopgirl

Thank you so much for your advice. Looks like Leaner Legs needs to be on my list of purchases. I was thinking of including the Gym-Style series, and after reading all the input on the forum, that will be added to the list as well. It is difficult to go with lighter weights, when I have always worked towards increasing the weight.....but I need to train differently to lose the bulging thighs! My jeans are tight from the growth of my quads!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.