Lean, Long & Strong Book

Mama

Cathlete
Hiya,

Has anyone heard of the book titled "Lean, Long & Strong," by Wini Linguvic? She got Montel Williams in shape. This book is a 6 week strength training, fat burning program for women. Featured are 12 minute workout routines using a stability ball, a mat, and various hand weights. If anyone is familiar with this book, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.

Mama :)

Hi Mama

I borrowed this book from the library and loved it so much I ordered it from Amazon. The form tips were very helpful and there is an eating guide at the end of the book which looks both sensible and do-able. I am still waiting for my copy to arrive - I couldn't renew the book at the library as someone else had it on hold.

Hope this was the sort of info you were after.

Meg

Hi Meg,

Thanks for your response.

My mother gave me this book. It is well written and illustrated. Although I would like to see it as a DVD.

I do find it hard to believe that you can get toned up by working out just 12 minutes a day (with added cardio in between). I guess I compare it to Cathe's workouts which are usually about 60 minutes long.

I suppose I should just try it out and see. What do I have to lose -- 12 minutes? :D

Mama

I just read some reviews on this book and it looks very intriguing to me. I might have to check it out! :)

Thanks for the heads up - I'm ALWAYS up for a new fitness book to read.

~Marcia~

I literally just bought this book & have it in front of me now. I hate to buy books when you can just borrow them from the library and glean what you need. This one is worth it though it seems to me. Lots of great pictures. Very readable. I won't be doing only 12 minutes a day since I teach, but I'm hoping it will make a bit of difference if I incorporate some of the suggestions in giving me a leaner look since I have realized I have bulked up a bit more than I'd like in the legs. I'll let you know how it goes.

Rose:) :)

>Featured are 12 minute workout routines using a stability
>ball, a mat, and various hand weights.

12 minutes? is this cardio, weights? if weights, total body?

cathe's warmups are almost 12 minutes lol

I looked for it in our library and it is on order so I put in a request for it. I also checked it out on Amazon. It seems a little unbelievable that you could do any good in 12 minutes. I'm a little scepticle since the first one that rated it with big raves was the author's mother !!LOL

Hi Fox2Star,

I saw that review by the author's mother. I thought that was pretty funny too.

How could an advanced exerciser (not that I am one) benefit from this to-good-to-be-true workout? I'd love to see a before and after photo of someone who followed this program.

Mama

Can anyone jot down what type of exercises you do and what type of rotation? This book sounds intriguing and I may go to Borders tomorrow to see if they have it. I read in one of the Amazon reviews the person adds in 3-4 days of cardio since the program seems to run short on that.

Anything else you can mention about it would be great.

Thanks
Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.