Lean Legs and Abs

Thanks for asking Guru. I did do it on Saturday. This was my sixth one ( I have done one every month for the past 6 months) and my goal was to get below two hours. My time was 1:56 so I was pretty darn happy.
My legs are not feeling like doing much today however. Not super sore....but not motivated!

WTG!

Thanks for asking Guru. I did do it on Saturday. This was my sixth one ( I have done one every month for the past 6 months) and my goal was to get below two hours. My time was 1:56 so I was pretty darn happy.
My legs are not feeling like doing much today however. Not super sore....but not motivated!

Nice! sounds like you were well prepared. That's the way to do it. WTG!

The segment I love in LL&A is the firewalker segment! I used the blue band and did it 3x....total soreness ensued! :D Love it!

I'm slowly going through these newest workouts. I have been doing Cathe for many years and felt like the leg portion was too easy and would be better for a beginner. I did enjoy the ab section though and will be doing that frequently.

Beth

I'm slowly going through these newest workouts. I have been doing Cathe for many years and felt like the leg portion was too easy and would be better for a beginner. I did enjoy the ab section though and will be doing that frequently.
Beth

wow, I must be the only one who didn't think this was a walk in the park, I did the premix with the bonus barre and while the calorie burn wasn't as high, I thought it was a really good strength workout, or it hit me just right, I thought was as good as Great Glutes, just hitting the legs differently.

Then too, I wasn't doing more recent Cathe workouts, maybe that was it, even compared to when I did Cathe almost exclusively though, X10 came close to the most difficult workout, and it would have been if I didn't take a few breaks in that, Rockout Knockout compares nicely with KPC, and I was so glad to have another favorite Kbox, Party Rockin' Step #1 & #2 are excellent, challenging, these both will keep me steppin', I love them, makes me wonder how long it took Cathe & the girls to get those filmed, no wonder she "just wanted to get off that step" at the end. The only one I haven't really an opinion on yet is Flextrain as my push ups will have to get better to get more out of it, still don't know how you would get big calorie burn out of that though since much of it is really strength and even when I fry the triceps it's not like bigger muscle groups, and not when you're sitting or standing still, it is though a good strength & range of motion workout.

I knew I would just love this set because she put so many things in that I love & love to hate :p about Cathe workouts. She put them on separate discs, and they're accessible now, where in some of the earlier series, you had to purchase a $40 DVD with two or three workouts if you wanted to get the one you wanted. I guess eventually downloads will take over but I really appreciate that they still put on all the premixes, especially those extra long ones which reminded me of some of the old extra long workouts she did.

The music of course is a bone of contention, I almost got Pedal Power just for that, but I don't spin, and don't see that as something I want to pick up, not now anyway. I really like the sound-a-likes, or the way they did them this time, it just works for me, another reminder of past Cathe classics and blast from the past hits. Anyway I really like them, all of them, a lot.

:)

wow, I must be the only one who didn't think this was a walk in the park, I did the premix with the bonus barre and while the calorie burn wasn't as high, I thought it was a really good strength workout, or it hit me just right, I thought was as good as Great Glutes, just hitting the legs differently.:)

No you're not the only one. The first time doing it, I did exactly as Cathe with weights and exercise. The second time, I went heavier on some and didn't do a lot of the shoulder work. I really felt it that time. But I like that you can change it to what fits you on that day. I've really enjoyed all of these new workouts. The only two I haven't done is X10 step and fitness burn. I love all the premix options,so I like to stick with dvds. I also appreciate that Cathe changed her normal lower body into 2 different ones hitting different areas. Cathe is awsome!!!!

No you're not the only one. The first time doing it, I did exactly as Cathe with weights and exercise. The second time, I went heavier on some and didn't do a lot of the shoulder work. I really felt it that time. But I like that you can change it to what fits you on that day. I've really enjoyed all of these new workouts. The only two I haven't done is X10 step and fitness burn. I love all the premix options,so I like to stick with dvds. I also appreciate that Cathe changed her normal lower body into 2 different ones hitting different areas. Cathe is awsome!!!!

Thanks, you are really going to like X10! I recently reorganized my workout DVD shelf, there's a whole lot of Cathe on it and I agree...Cathe is awesome!

No you're not the only one. The first time doing it, I did exactly as Cathe with weights and exercise. The second time, I went heavier on some and didn't do a lot of the shoulder work. I really felt it that time. But I like that you can change it to what fits you on that day. I've really enjoyed all of these new workouts. ...... Cathe is awsome!!!!

That's a good suggestion--I will have to give that a go. I admit that I find myself repeating the chair/firewalker and floor sections---doing them twice, if time allows. The barre bonus on LLA is my all-time favorite, surpassing even the double-leg segment in LBB!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.