lead weight gloves

petunia_

I have been doing several Cathe DVD's lately and noticed that Cathe is wearing weighted gloves that unzip across the top and she pulls out what looks like a lead weight cylinder. Does anyone know what kind of weighted glove I'm talking about. They look so much simpler than the one's with sand weights. I'm thinking about replacing my gloves and really want some with lead weights that just pull out.

I believe the weighted gloves that Cathe sells all have sandbags in them. I know I have her 2# pair (1# per glove) and these have (2) .5# sandbags each in them.

Yes, Wendy is right. I've seen Cathe pull them out too and they look like the lil' sand bags that are in my Cathe gloves too.

I've never seen gloves like that - it doesn't really make sense. With lead weights, the gloves won't flex with your hand. I've seen it in ankle weights (have them actually) but that simply wouldn't work in a glove.

I remember way back when I used to use the ankle weights on my wrists! :) You could possibly use some of those til you get the hand gloves. My ankle weights go all the way from a half pound up to 5 pounds each. Just an idea.

I have Cathe's 2 lb. weighted gloves but I find it extremely hard to pull out and put back in the sandbag weights. As a matter of fact, a lot of times I have to pause the dvd, so I have time to struggle with them. I don't know how Cathe manages to do the change so fast but if you flex your hand backwards, it gives the pocket a little more space to either pull out the weight or stuff it back in.

Anybody else struggling getting these sandbags in and out?

I have Cathe's 2 lb. weighted gloves but I find it extremely hard to pull out and put back in the sandbag weights. As a matter of fact, a lot of times I have to pause the dvd, so I have time to struggle with them. I don't know how Cathe manages to do the change so fast but if you flex your hand backwards, it gives the pocket a little more space to either pull out the weight or stuff it back in.

Anybody else struggling getting these sandbags in and out?

ITA, I find it impossible to remove the weights. It takes forever. I stopped bothering with removing the weights (which is crazy because they were meant to be adjustable, especially when you need them in STS). I just keep them on if I need 2 lb in each hand or remove the gloves from my hands completely. The 1 llb gloves are slightly easier to remove the weights from and I think Cathe is using 1 lbs gloves in STS (if I am not mistaken)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.