Lats Sore After STS Disc 1

carres1973

Cathlete
Cathe (or other member of the well-educated crowd),

I found that after doing STS Disc 1 my lats were SORE. I wonder if it was one of the push-up variations that affected my back? At first I thought I must have done something wrong but my co-worker who is a couple days behind us had the same thing happen. Any thoughts?

Carrie

Hi Carrie, obviously I'm not Cathe, but my lats were extremely sore after I completed Disc 1. More so than my chest by far. Anyway, I notice whenever I do a routine that calls for MANY pushups, my lats are always very sore. So I think it is most definitely all the pushups. To me, that's more proof they (pushups) are a fantastic all-around exercise;)!

HTH,
Diane

I remember many people posted about sore lats after disc 1, there might be some info in Cathe's Disc1 check in post on the STS board. I totally had that too, and was surprised by them.

Me too! I felt them in my triceps and the next day my lats were sore, no doms in chest. I'm doing the 6 1/2 month rotation and did disc 1 again yesterday and today I'm sore in the chest and not in lats. What I did differently: increased weight on flys and did more wide set push ups instead of narrow, especially the straddle push ups on the step. I used the step width wise and put my arms wide instead of narrow like Cathe does on the video and this helped me get a better chest workout and minimal lat involvement, which I'm saving for disc 2!

Sandra

You know I was extrememly sore in my lats after disc1. When I did disc 4 and disc 7, my lats didn't get sore. I just figured I got used to it. Well, I just got humbled, I did disc 10 yesterday and my lats and rear deltoids are just as sore as they were after disc 1.

I am going to go through the book and see what the similarities are to see what exercises were the ones that got me so SORE!!!

I tried to do some kickboxing this morning and it was pointless. My lats and rear deltoids were screaming!

Cheryl

I asked Cathe on the STS check-in and she said it was from all the push-ups and using the core to hold yourself in position. I guess this was for the side (rib cage) area not the lats.

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.