lala1...GREYHOUNDS

I saw over on the "nice to meet you" thread that you recently adopted a greyhound...aren't they WONDERFUL...these are my babies (if the pic shows up)...Ivan (fawn) and Bella (white/black). They didn't even know each other when we go them and this pic was taken the day after. I love how they love each other! We adopted them in June. I have always had dogs all my life, all different mutts and breeds and I swear I will never own another breed. Not to mention...how good it felt to save the life of a retired racer!!!!! Anyway, just wanted to share the excitement with you on your addition...post a pic if ya have one!

ETA: Crap...the pic isn't working...oh well
Amy

Last edited:
Amy..some close friends of ours adopted a retired greyhound last year. His name is Abe and he is such a gentle, loving dog :) We take our two mini doxies over to play with him sometimes. It took him a couple visits for him to warm up to being playful but now he's romping around like a little puppy dog :) He's such a gorgeous dog!

Hey Lori and Chastity! They ARE really cool and laid back! They eat and sleep, and sleep and eat and THEN there are 2x's during the day that they all out race the back yard. It is really facinating to watch. They can get up there in speed (up to 45 mph) and they can cut corners like I have never seen. Ivan, the male, smiles constantly, loves to give kisses and is a 75 lb lap dog. Bella is a little more reserved, but when she gets excited there's no holding her back. They are both always on my heels no matter where I am in the house or what I am doing. But, what's funny about that is they have a keen sense of when to get out of my way so they don't get stepped on. They really are a joy~!

I see them in your avatar ~ beautiful! I know our next dog will be a rescue. I sure wouldn't mind a greyhound, as I can totally relate to the eat/sleep schedule. :D

Amy..Ivan and Bella sound wonderful! :) Abe is a fawn like Ivan.

I forgot to mention that my grandfather had a retired greyhound when I was a kid. His name was Ralph, he was a fawn as well. He always warned us to get out of the yard when he was going to let him out to run. I remember one day my older sis walked out of the house as Ralph was turning the corner and they collided. They were both okay...well my sister flew up in the air a bit and landed on her butt. My brother and I got a good chuckle out of it..my older sis not so much. :D

Lori, you should seriously consider it. They are SO low maintenance it's ridiculous, and sooooo loving!

Chastity, I can totally relate, I have had a couple of near collisions...actually Bella ran into the chain link fence, the one behind us in the pic, about a month ago turning the corner...gashed her leg a good bit in a quite a few places...that's when my SO decided it was time to take the fence down (bless his heart)!

I hope lala1 chimes in I would love to see what Tank looks like and hear all about him!

LaDonna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember you having him in your avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW....what a sweetie. He has the most soulful eyes...like you can see forever in them. I am so glad you posted.

Chastity...thanks...Bella's a tough chick...she's just fine and running like crazy!

Lori...your puppy is absolutely ADORABLE...what is he/she? I can't believe that I missed that cutie pie in your avatar...

Last edited:
Hey Amy! I totally did´nt see this post til today. I tried to update my avatar with a picture of Tank, we´ll see how that worked out. My DD16 was searching through my threads (making fun of me along the way:rolleyes:) and found this one! I love my greyhound! He is so good, although he´s kind of a wussy dog! he is a perfect pet. Glad to see another greyt owner! Ivan and Bella are beautiful, BTW!

lala1...coincidentally I just happend upon this...kind of like your DD...Tank is georgous! I wish the avatars were bigger. He looks like he has the same markings as my Bella. Is his tummy really pink with lots of black spots? That's how Bella's is. Too funny about him being a wuss...Ivan is the exact same way! He whines at the littlest things, Bella on the other hand could crash head first into a wall and not let it phase her...she is one tough chick!

Don't ya just love em' to pieces!

Amy, Tank´s belly is pink with a few spots. I´m trying to attach pics. We´ll see if they work. As they say, a greyhound will only hurt an intruder if the intruder trips over him! That totally describe Tank!

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 4
A lasy in our neighboorhood has four of them. She has been a foster mom to many dogs. They know me because I always feed them and they are the sweetest dogs I have seen in a long time. She has jackets and boots for all of them. They are just wonderful!
Ellen
She even has a tripod who is just the most loving dog!

That is so apropo that you mention the jacket and boots. Had you told me a year and a half ago that I would be putting a jacket on a dog I would have just said "NO WAY"...talk about eating words:eek:. Tank has a sweater,a light coat and a heavy coat (we live in WI). Plus booties for the snow and ice, which he loves by the way. We look a sight when we are out walking...but we stay warm;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.