Knit and Fit 07/23 - 07/28

lemoncustard

Cathlete
Greetings to all you Fit Knitters:

The good news is that I have been loosing weight. The "bad" news is that I have been looking for non-food rewards. And you guessed it, yarn falls into that category. I am eagerly awaiting my Kauni yarn so that I can make the Kauni Cardigan that I saw on the Yarn Harlot's blog page. I am also making several scarfs with a novelty yarn called "Dazzle." My cotton "Hot Tomato" shell is almost done. Then I am going to sew and assemble some things before I begin anything else.

Exercise has been going well. Today, first some cardio. Then yoga class. Weight Watchers weigh in is today. In the afternoon the dentist. (I will be knitting during Weight Watchers and while waiting for the dentist.) Then work on some curriculum materials for when school restarts. What a day!

I look forward to Cathe's new workouts.

Regards,

Rhonda

I finished the baby sweater and it was delivered to raves.
Yesterday I had to sit around and wait for a furniture deliver - this translates into much good knitting time. Working on a simple sleeveless tank top with Katia Cindy yarn (in the yellow). Once done, I must work on the Victorian Lace Cardigan from Elann.com that I have been avoiding lately. Have quite a way to go on that one. Another baby sweater is lined up, but probably won't start that one for a few weeks - I'm looking for that to be delivered to its recipient at the end of September, in conjunction with the start of fall. (yeh, fall!)

Did Pyramids this weekend, but haven't worked out in the last two days and won't get to it tonigth either. Boo, hiss. Maybe tomorrow.

Looking forward to the new workouts, too!

Has anyone here knit Clapotis from Knitty.com? If so, what yarn did you use? It calls for Lion and Lamb from Lorna's Laces, but a) it's expensive and b) I've read that it pills alot. Any comments or alternative yarns?

Hi Everyone:

My week has had its ups and downs. Sigh.... I'm making great progress on the sweater I'm doing with Moda Dea's Eden yarn. That yarn is so soft although after working with it now, I would probably not ever do a project with it again. The thick and thin parts just separate too easily and the eyelash parts of the yarn make stitches a little hard to see. But it is knitting up beautifully so it's a mixed bag!

I have been having neck and upper back problems.. ongoing problem. I have to get an MRI on a lump on my neck and I have to stop doing strength training that aggravates this upper back ache that I have. Argh! I was so excited about doing P90x but I have to go off of it. The doctor ordered no upper body strength work. I guess I'll have to keep my upper body busy with knitting! LOL...

Hope everyone has had a good week!

Joyce

Hello Knitsters!

I've actually been knitting! No lie. :) I'm working on a baby blanket that I forgot I had on needles. It's a basket weave pattern I think I might have mentioned. It's crayola colors but the bright ones. So cute, if I do say so. :p My friend's baby is due in February. She's one of my cycling partners. I'd love to finish it for her. It was for another friend of mine, but she has had 3 miscarriages. :( She's 39 now and they're not sure she can have a baby and she's not sure she wants to adopt.

Anyway, hoping to get a ride in with DH later. Was gonna be a rest day but I have to work early tomorrow morning so I won't get to work out.

Joyce, that's scary about your neck. I hope the MRI shows nothing bad.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.