knee health and carpeting - help!

I live in an apartment with new, fluffy carpeting that is really irritating my knees. Is there anything I can put down on top of carpet to workout on? I looked up puzzlemats on Google and it said these are not recommended on top of carpeting...

Curious- are you looking for something on top of carpet for your entire workout, or just for the sections you put your knees down? How big of a section are you looking to cover?

For the entire workout for during the twisting motions or in kickboxing - carpet provides resistance against knee trying to turn the foot so your knee can get really irritated.

This may be a weird suggestion, but how about buying a big area rug and flipping it upside down? The bottom of most rugs have a backing that won't catch your feet the way carpet nap will. When you're not using it, you can flip it right side up. An extra bonus is the rug will protect your new carpet so when you move out, you won't have to worry about losing part of your deposit!

Just a weird suggestion. :)

Becky

I've been using one of those kid's play rugs (4ftx6ft) sold at Home Depot for many years on carpet. It does move around a bit, but it works fine for me. I just lay it down on the carpet and go.

How about a chair mat? Costco used to have really big ones for 13 dollars. You could pivot just like ona hard floor.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.