KK's November Check In

Good morning,

Today's workout was Turbo Jam Cardio Party. I enjoyed this workout, good music and gets me dancing! I came home yesterday and did Pyramid Upper Body premix up only. Felt good to do some heavier weights. Used my 20#ers for chest and back and tricep work (overhead). Wasn't sure I would be able to after pretty light weight work with this circuit rotation.

Karen, thanks for the info on the parsley. I have some old dried up stuff I will add to my lunch today. Will do some reading on the benefits of it and buy some fresher stuff.

I will drink lots of water, like I did yesterday. Some of the puffiness is gone. My face felt tight all yesterday until the evening. Better today and down a couple of pounds, but still could be better.

Have to make my yam casserole in the morning. Have a group bike ride in the morning too (Thanksgiving tradition ride) if the weather allows.

Talk with you later,

Jeanette

Good Evening!:)

Sounds like a great workout, Jeanette. Hope your ride on the holiday will be good, as well. I'm sure it will be.

As far as parsley is concerned, I don't really know how to answer that. Since it's an herb/spice sort of thing, I just sprinkle it on my food whenever I'm tending to keep on water weight -- probably not more than an 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon -- I don't measure -- just sprinkle, but it does seem to work for me. It also helps with one's breath, I think.

That yam casserole sounds good.

It's only the three of us this year for Thanksgiving and so I'm not doing as much this year as in previous years -- I think we'll just kinda have the day off and enjoy each other's company. Usually I'm so much in the kitchen that I don't always "enjoy" the day.

And since my brother-in-law is on an all raw diet for health reasons, we've opted not to have turkey this year. But I'm planning to make an all raw lemon cream pie -- it'll be an experiment as I don't really have a recipe...:eek:

Oh, it was the short cardio from BodyMax2 today -- like that workout -- and then a stretch on the ball. Tomorrow is...IMAX2, I think. One of my most favorite workouts.

Have a wonderful holiday Becky and Jeanette and Rhea and anyone else who's checking in with us (even if not posting).:7

Good morning,
Today's workout was Butts & Guts, using the stability ball ab workout for the guts part. Love this workout, I think it's my favorite of all of them because it just "feels" like it's doing something for my problem areas, especially the firewalkers. Love that feeling in the sides of my glutes.

Today, due to all the water I've been drinking, I feel really lean in my legs (believe me, much work needs to be done in that area) and my abs and really overall. My weight was actually down from yesterday and I did enjoy my Thanksgiving Dinner. Didn't go crazy but did have lots of good food and dessert. Had a wonderful time with my family and DS came over from Reno. Cass, his girlfriend, had to work so wasn't able to come. I'm just going to have to really keep on the water thing. I'd slacked off for a while.

Karen, Becky, Rhea, hope all of your Thanksgiving celebrations were wonderful. I for one am not off to the stores to shop today. I avoid shopping when there are tons of people out there, bargains or not.

Oh yeah, we had 9 cyclists for our Thanksgiving morning ride, doing about 24 miles. Really fun, beautiful weather and there were 3 women so I had some female company too. A good time was had by all and I was home by noon, showered and ready to help my sister with the big meal.

Not sure what DH and I are doing today, though heaven knows we have lots of errands around the house we could do.

Great workouts everyone!

Jeanette

Hi,
Today's workout was a premix from Cardio Fusion 80 minutes. Good workout. Not sure what I'll do around the house today, have my grandchildren to babysit tonite. Looking forward to it.

Hmmm, I also need to watch The Lake House as it goes back to the rental place tomorrow. Think I can fit that one in this afternoon before the kids come.

Must run,

Jeanette

Can't believe I haven't had time to post. With company here and then my work on the weekends, it's been busy. Funny thing is, I still haven't done the things I need to do -- I've been running around with and for others -- which is okay -- it's what the holidays are all about anyway...

Jeanette -- so glad to hear that you're feeling trim and lean -- yea! I was surprised (cause I ate alot of cream on Thanksgiving) to see that I didn't gain any weight. Yea! It was IMAX2 for me on Thanksgiving and a prmix from Drill Max of Drills and upper body on Friday-- that's a good workout. Off today -- and tomorrow I plan Legs & Glutts. Whew!

Sounds like a good ride on Thanksgiving, Jeanette -- must admit that I was out and about on Friday with my mother-in-law -- mostly cause I wanted to shop with her -- I do seldomly get to do so. But we weren't out for long and didn't buy many things.

Okay, the rest of the family is downstairs watching a movie and it's now over, so I have to run now -- have a wonderful rest of the holiday weekend, everybody! And terrific workouts! :7

It was Butts & Glutes for me today but it was disappointing due to the workout freezing twice -- and each time I had to turn off the machine completely in order to handle the freeze. Darn it -- that's such a good workout.

Anyway, another busy day -- and we still have company -- which is good.

Thought I'd post my upcoming rotation -- a successful action for me, it seems.

Mon: IMAX3

Tues: High Step Challenge -- a premix for about 1 hour

Wed: Cardio (probably either the cardio from BodyMax the original or BodyMax2) and a stretch

Thurs: Drill Max -- one of the premixes that's cardio/anaerobics only

Fri: Butts & Glutes -- since this workout is a little long for me, I'm going to do the standing legs only and the abs -- hopefully it won't freeze so much on me this way.

Sat: LIC upper body premix or PUB with a cardio added on.

Sun: Off

Well, that's the plan. Hope everyone is doing great and had a terrific Thanksgiving.

Don't know if you saw my last post, Jeanette, but that's a well done on your water intake and getting the water weight off.:)

Have a terrific day, everyone!:7

Good morning!

Today's workout was GS Chest and then Christi Taylor's Cardio Collectibles (almost to the end so about 35 minutes of cardo). Fun! Did all the pushups in GS Chest on my knees, will work up to more on my toes later and I'm sure in P90X that'll be happening more. I'm taking a break from circuit workouts as I want to focus more on weights.

Yesterday's bike ride had 3 of us riders doing about 22 miles. Nice ride. We had a slower guy so kept the pace down for him to stay with us. Finished with coffee at Starbucks.

Yes, the water drinking is helping. I just have to keep doing it. Karen, I too like Butts and Guts. Mine froze a couple of times last time but doesn't lock up the DVD player. Almost seems like I'm getting more freezes than I first had. Will be glad when the replacements are sent.

Karen, hope you had a wonderful time with your family. Our DS came over from Reno again on Saturday. Love having him here and he seems to love coming over.

Rhea, we have snow here (a tad) so what a rude awakening from Mexico, huh? Hope you had/are having a great time.

Becky, hope you've gotten all settled in to your new apartment. Got to be an incredibly busy time for you. Know you're keeping up on some kind of workout though.

Jeanette

Ah, Buenos Dias!

Yuck....snow. This time last week I was in shorts and flip-flops on the golf course in Mexico. What happened to the time?

I've been chicken and haven't weighed myself since the vacation. I ate a lot of shrimp though, so maybe I'll be okay (well, had a lot of pina coladas too.)

Happy Belated Birthdays! Hope you had wonderful times with your families. Sounds like everyone's holiday was great. I can't wait to get back to working out. My new goal is going to "wear a two piece" on the beach next year. The hardest thing for me will be doing the clean eating along with the working out. But that's the goal.

With that in mind, I'm off to fill my water glass! Have great days everyone and keep warm!

Boy, I've been reading some really weird stuff on the internet lately. So it's very good to come to this site and read all your wonderful posts.

It was IMAX3 for me today -- on a 4" step. There are so many jumps int hat workout that I can't really do it on a 6" step -- at least not yet. Tomorrow is High Step Challenge for me.

Jeanette -- Sounds like a plan -- getting back into doing more weight work. I had changed my schedule a bit to include more circuits, as well. But I haven't gotten tired of them yet... ;) Great on doing the 22 mile ride -- always impressed with your rides.

Rhea -- so nice to see that you're back and that you had a wonderful time in Mexico. Yea! Love your goal, as well -- a two piece bathing suit. Know you can do it.

My MIL is still here -- and tomorrow is the last day I'll have to spend with her and so I'll probably spend most of the day with her. In the meantime, my work is kinda on hold as I get ready to go into the Holiday season -- can't believe it is upon us already.

Becky -- hope to hear from you soon -- know you're tremedously busy right now.

Well, have a wonderful day everyone and terrific workouts. :7

Good morning ladies!

Welcome back Rhea, hope you had a very relaxing time in Mexico and that your sinus infection and cold is over. Slap in the face with this cold, huh? That cold wind was something yesterday, almost blizzard conditions at times out at the joint yesterday. I walked up front to the Admin bldg twice and got caught in it once. Good thing the snow storm was at my back coming back.

My workout today was GS Back and then KPC cardio conditioning premix. Today is my Cardio Coach day on the bike after I get home from work. I skipped last week due to being so upset about my water retention. I'm still slamming the water and will try to be consistent at work today.

Karen, enjoy the rest of your time with your MIL. Does the impact from Imax3 bother you? I did a couple of days of workouts that included some drills from Drill Max and started getting a little ouchy from the impact. I try to modify where I can. Got to save these knees.

Hope everyone has a great day today. Oh, my P90X came yesterday so I can begin on Monday. I've got some reading to do on it still.

Jeanette

I'm back!

Last week was insane! I wasn't able to work out as much as I had planned. I did end up doing KPC on one day and ran a few of the days. I didn't do so hot w/ diet either. :( But, I actually lost weight! I probably needed the rest and my body recouperated. I am down to 118.5 right now.

Yesterday I did LIC and today I intend to do Cardio Fusion.

This week starts my study marathon for next Friday's (12/8) test. Then I get a 3 wk Christmas break!!!

Will try to write more tomorrow.

-Becky

Didn't actually workout today. Am still recovering from Butts & Glutes. Pulled my hip out with those firewalkers -- thought it would be easy to get it to go back, but when I awoke this morning...

Plus, I pulled something in my neck with the abs routine on the ball -- in total -- maybe it's because it froze in two places and I had to turn the machine off to get it to go again (so I was frustrated) -- but I think I injured myself a bit with this workout, so I think I will work my way up to it again.

Anyway, it was my day to spend with my MIL, so I skipped the workout for today. Hopefully I'll be in better shape tomorrow.

Becky -- it's good to hear from you. And Wow! You're down to 118.5 pounds. Way to go. Wow again! When you study hard -- doesn't it tned to make that 3 week break all the better, huh?

Jeanette -- You reminded me of KPC again. I love that workout. You know, I do the IMAX's so much that I don't seem to mind the impact. My knee does give me trouble now and again, but it's not so much that I can't work around it. But IMAX3 and all those jumps up on the step and down and up again and down -- well, I just do it better on the 4" step -- those jumps do get to me.

Where I have to really watch it is on abs -- planks -- my neck muscles aren't all that strong (even after all these years) and planks can make some of those muscles cramp and pull -- I think that's how I pulled one of my neck muscles on the abs workout on the ball -- it's planks on the ball -- a little above my level, I think.

Anyway, tomorrow I will get started on my rotation -- provided my hip is doing okay, I'll do HSC -- if not, I might do the cardio and stretch -- we'll see.

So good to hear from you all -- I just love coming here and seeing how you are all doing. Have a terrific day!:7

Good morning!

Today's workout was the floor work from Butts & Guts and the abwork too. I did Cardio Coach #5 on the bike last night. Great workout! I've got to say that so far, the most accomplished I have ever felt doing a workout is doing these CC's. They are tough, tough, tough, but Sean is sooooooooo motivating and I really believe what he says, makes me want to try harder. Now I wouldn't want a steady diet of CC's, but once a week is great for my cycling and I think has really helped get me stronger.

Becky, funny how the weight comes off when we aren't watching it, huh? Wonder why that is? And when we stop exercising for a while, it comes off too. There must be a reason. Glad you could check in with us.

Karen, so sorry to hear about the firewalkers messing up your hip. I absolutely LOVE firewalkers and they get me good right where I need it. I'm hoping you feel better today and can do some type of workout. My neck and upper back is an area that I'd like to strengthen too.

I previewed a couple of the P90X DVD's and am pretty darned excited to start. They talk about muscle confusion and that's a big deal with this program. It just never gets easier so your body doesn't adapt. I'm anxious to learn how to make a rotation after P90X so that I get results, instead of the plateau I'm at now (aesthetically, not cardiovascularly, that part's great). Should be interesting. I think I'll be checking in with the Hardcore Maniacs during that time as 2 other gals are doing it too, but will also check in here.

Must go, great workouts everyone!

Jeanette

Yes, I'm much better today. Went to bed last night and put my hip up a little bit with a towel for about 15 minutes -- my neck too, a bit -- and I woke up without the problem in the hip -- the neck, however, is still sore.

Jeanette -- those Cardio Coaches must really be fun. I can only compare them a little bit to the IMAX's that I love so much -- I keep thinking anaerobics with the Cardio Coaches. Sometime I'm going to get out my bike, you know. It needs some fixing is all and then I can ride it.

Read what you said to Becky. It is odd, isn't it, that we can lose weight when we stop exercising a bit. I have noticed that my weight is really, really tied to my eating habits. My workouts stay pretty much the same -- I do think that if I quit exercising, I wouldn't be able to eat as much as I do -- but the real key, I think, is the things that I eat -- and how much I eat, as well as what.

Believe it or not, with my brother-in-law on a raw only diet -- I'm eating so much more raw -- and I've noticed that I can eat more raw foods without putting on weight, as opposed to cooked foods -- particularly fats. Raw fat doesn't seem to do my weight any harm as long as I don't overdue it too much. But cooked fat -- I can barely eat any without seeing it on the weight. It's interesting.

I understand why you'd want to check in with the Hardcore Maniacs -- especially when there are some others doing P90X. I wonder if the muscle confusion helps with the weight problem at all.

Okay, so I have to ask. What do you mean about aesthetically being at a plateau? Do you mean looks-wise? Cause I remember you being very pretty, Jeanette.

Rhea -- hope those workouts are coming along okay

Becky - hope the studying is going great.

One more thing I've noticed: it was when I started doing almost exclusive standing legs that my butt and thighs lost about an inch. Up until then, I'd been doing mostly floor work for my butt and thighs -- some lunges, but mostly floor work. But when I found Cathe and started doing almost entirely standing legs, my butt and thighs lost an inch without me really losing weight -- my weight fluctuates up and down within about a 5 pound range. And unless I go out of that 5 pound fluctuation on weight, that inch off seems to have remained fairly steady.

Anyway, tomorrow is cardio and stretch -- I have another exhibition dance on Sunday, so I'll practice my dance as my cardio. Always look forward to the days when I can stretch.

Am so glad you'll still come by here, Jeanette, while you're checking in with the Hardcore check in. Hope it's not too much for you. I would miss you.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.:7

Good morning ladies.

Karen, so glad to hear you are doing so well with the raw foods.
Jeanette, good luck on P90X...I someday want to try it.

Yesterday I did Butts and Guts in its entirety the first time. So far no DOMS. We'll see though. I will do something from BM2 today. If I end up getting lower body DOMS, I may skip the power circuits since they have so much lower body work in them. Depending on time, I may need to do that anyway...I don't think I have 97 minutes today for a workout.

Tomorrow I get to see DH again! Just this weekend, then separated for a week, and then I have 3 weeks off!!! Can't wait.

Must get back to learning how to read EKGs and chest x-rays. Hope everyone has a great day.

-Becky

Good morning,
Today's workout was GS Shoulders and then the Lowmax premix 4-7. Good 1 hour workout.

Becky, B&G is a good one. I've done it a few times in it's entirety and the first 2 times got DOMS but not the last time. It's a goodie. So far, I think I like this one the best in the series, but haven't done the others all the way thru. Wow 3 weeks off will be so nice for you.

Karen, by aesthetically being at a plateau, I'm meaning that my body musculature is staying the same, with a little fat layer. I would just like to be leaner, not bulkier, though I guess we can't bulk. Cardio wise, no problem with that. I feel really fit and really good and healthy. Hope you have a great time with the exhibition dance. They were showing pictures of the local pow wow here in the paper and I thought of you dancing and your costume. And Cardio Coach, definitely anaerobic! Much higher than any Imax that I've done, for me anyway.

Got to run. Today is my Friday and DH is off tomorrow too!!!

Jeanette

It was cardio (I danced) for me today and a stretch on the ball, which I absolutely love. Tomorrow is Drill Max -- a premix with the drills only -- I hope it doesn't freeze...

Becky -- no DOM's with Butts and Glutes. Wow! And here I am having actually injured myself a bit with it.:eek: Enjoy your time with your DH -- and at least it's only a week before you'll see him for 3 weeks.

Jeanette -- Oh, I see what you mean. I know one area I kept trying to change was my abs -- while they are defined, they still have a layer of fat -- and I kept trying to change it until I read that oftentimes a woman beyond Menopause will get a layer of fat there -- and that it's a good thing, as it contains many hormones needed for the body. After that, I decided just to stay as lean as possible and stop worrying about it. Maybe it's not right -- I don't know -- but not worrying about it is cool. And Cardio Coach harder than the IMAX's -- wow! Wow again! That's something for me to consider.

That's so cool that you saw picts of a pow-wow in your paper, Jeanette. They are so colorful and so much fun.

Well, am catching up a bit on administration -- at least I'm trying to -- but now I'm getting in the groove of shopping and getting things sent off as soon as possible to relatives and such.

Okay -- so I'm wondering if anyone else has the same trouble as I do -- have been shopping for others (but of course I find things for myself, too) and I'm wondering -- with the new styles that sit so low on the waist -- does anyone else have trouble with their jeans falling down? Or is there a brand that doesn't tend to fall off as one walks? Maybe a belt?

In truth, I'll be happy when the styles come back with the top of the pants back at the waist -- well, I think I will, anyway.

Have a wonderful day everyone & terrific workouts! :7

Good morning ladies.

Karen, funny question: do you have hips? I get jeans from Gap, Banana Republic, and the Limited and they all stay on. But, I have hips (not big ones mind you, but big enough to keep my pants on!)

Jeanette, enjoy your workout today.

Yesterday I did the cardio and weights premix of BM2. Today I am taking a rest day (since I didn't want to get up at the crack of dawn this morning and right after class I am driving to Pensacola to be with DH). Perhaps I can get in some other sort of aerobic workout today *winks*

Studying is crazy right now. I really need my Christmas break!

Must get ready for class. Hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend.

-Becky

Hi,
Becky, enjoy your rest day. Yay! You get to see your DH! Enjoy the aerobics LOL!

Jeanette

Starting a December thread.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.