Kickboxing

JenL13

Cathlete
I just got done reading the post on step vs. kickboxing and I personally am a fan of kickboxing - I think it's fun and since I tend to bulk up in the legs easily with step I try to do more kickboxing.

So... I would like to know what kickboxing workouts you like to do since I am always looking for new ones.
I currently do KPC once a week & sometimes twice if I do a premix, I also love Drill Max - espcially the cardio leg premix, can't remember the exact name of it. I also have KickMax and just received Powerstrike 2 in the mail last night. I have lots of other cathe workouts but just wondering what other kickbox you guys do.

I would love any suggestions...

Some recent KB workouts I like:
Kelly Coffey-Meyers' "Step-boxing," (a fun, fast combo of kickboxing and step).

Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme (with several modifications to make the sequences more authentic---ie: I never do a hook off the back arm--or to make things flow more smoothly...and only one for space limitations. There have been a couple of threads about this workout and how we kickbox lovers who aren't fond of her form have made it more workable for us).

I just did Kimberley Spreen's "Cardio Camp" workout the other day. A fun mix of athletic hi-lo and kickboxing (intermediate/advanced, probably more towards intermediate, but adding weighted gloves---if you are used to them--helps kick up the intensity some).

Other 'old' favorites: Powerstrike (all of them, but especially the "pre-millenium" workout, which are OOP, have some bad camera work, but are more intense than the Milleniums), Kathy Smith/Michael Olajide's "Aerobox" (no kicking, as it's a boxing workout, but Michael has great form); Janis Saffel.

I have Janis Saffel's Hardcore Kickbox Circuit which is good, I also do Taebo a lot. I also have Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp and like it and the premixes on it. I am looking at getting the Amy Bento one, nice to see another review of it.

Jen,

If you like Powerstrike M2, I think you will really like Powerstrike 1 too. I just got both this week, and will be doing 1 today. I can't wait. Those are awesome workouts.

Some of my favorite kickbox workouts besides Powerstrike are Tae-bo Advanced Live series, Tae-bo Get Ripped, CTX - Kickboxing. I Love Kickboxing workouts. I also have Kimberly Spreen's new Cardio Kickbox workout on pre-order. I think that will be a pretty good one.

Iris

> I also have Kimberly
>Spreen's new Cardio Kickbox workout on pre-order. I think
>that will be a pretty good one.

Is this an upcoming CIA workout? I think I need it! LOL!

I'm a TaeBo junkie!

I actually use Cathe workouts as a sub when I am tired of kickboxing, and primarily for her weight segments. But at the end of the day, I go back to TaeBo. Great cardio in the AL series, and the Ultimate BootCamp (original, not Elite) is still the hardest workout that I've ever come across.

I haven't done Powerstrike 2 yet but have already sent my check for the first one- LOL!

Tae Bo - where do you order yours from? I typically get most of my non-Cathe workouts from Collagevideo.com but did a quick search under tae bo & didn't see the ultimate bootcamp... also what is the AL series?

Thanks!

Jen,

If you look in Collage.com, instead of searching Tae-bo, search Billy Blanks as instructor. Ultimate Bootcamp is part of Billy's regular bootcamp workouts, not his latest (Elite) series.

As far as the AL series. That stands for Live (Advanced). These are a series of 12 (VHS)tapes. There is also a set of 12 Basic (VHS Tapes). Unfortunately, these workouts were only made in VHS. They are awesome kickboxing workouts. I am a big fan of Tae-bo, so that's just my opinion. Collage does not carry these. I've purchased all of mine on Ebay. Another great cardio Tae-bo workout that you actually can get on DVD is the "Get Ripped" Series. I bought mine on Ebay, it came with 2 DVD's, consisting of two advanced workouts, two basics, a get started, and an instructional. You can sometimes get those on Ebay for about $15. or so, and those are definetely worth the price. The Live series can run quite expensive. You can find them in a package of Volumes 1-4, but pretty much the rest of the volumes have to either be purchased separately, or once in a blue you can find the whole library for sale (Used). The bids can go rather high.

Hope this helps.

Iris

Jen~
In addition to Cathe's I have Powerstrike #4/Forza Sword Training and Janis Saffel Strike Zone and Kick It, Kelly Coffey-Meyer step-boxing, and Amy Bento's Kickbox Xtreme. I like the Powerstrike the best(excluding Cathe's of course) only because Ilaria really explains the correct form. But they are all fun workouts. :)

I am not a huge kickboxing fan, so I need workouts that have a fun factor also. Most recently I am enjoying Amy Bento KBX and Kelly Coffey's Step Kickboxing, I also like Tracey's Kickbox and sculpt.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.