Kickboxing workouts

Amni

Cathlete
I'm absolutely loving KPC and the way I feel the day after I do this workout (my butt, legs, and arms..oh my). Can anyone recommend other kickboxing workouts with the same intensity as KPC?

Thanks.

You have the kickbox of ctx (30 minutes)and in ctx are interval of kickbox in 10, 10,10 and power circuit. I have the vhs kickboxing strike zone of jannis saffel and I love it.Cathe has circuit max with two segments of hi/low, 2 of step and 2 of kickbox and weight.I have bought the dvd of jannis safell and guillermo gomez but I have not recive it yet.

I have the CTX and 10 10 10 workouts with kickbox but they are nowhere near the intensity of KPC. I don't have cardio kicks though and don't know how that compares. I have several TaeBo workouts but they are not nearly as intense as KPC either. I too would be interested in kickbox workouts near the intensity of KPC.

KPC seems a walk in the garden after to do cardio kicks.Cardio kicks is a very hard cardio workout.

Its funny, I thought Cardio Kicks was easier than KPC. I sold it bec I didn't like it much, but I am thinking I didn't give it a fair chance.

Hi Debbie, I agree with you. I thought Cardio Kicks was way easier than KPC and I rarely do it anymore.If I want to do Kickbox but don't have the energy for KPC, I will sometimes pull it out.

I agree that I think CK is easier than KPC. KPC I absolutely adore but I still do CK when I want a milder Kickboxing workout. I could never sell a Cathe video!! ;-) Susan

Try Hardcore Kickbox Circuit with Janis Saffell and Guillermo Gomez. It is on par with KPC as far as intensity IMHO. Also the workout is based more on martial arts than KPC and the choreography is a little tricky but boy oh boy what a workout.

OK, I have to say that CK is way easier to me than KPC. I did CK yesterday and thought, "What the %^&#?"

I think it's what you put into it though. I find it easier to put more oomph into KPC for some reason. Maybe it's new?

While there are some moves in CK that seem very intense, I think the aerobic moves mixed in with the punches and kicks make it less intense overall. I like both CK and KPC (though CK can be a real space hog if you do it "as is"), but it took me a while to warm up to CK because I prefer more "kickboxing-only" type workouts rather than "kickbox-flavored cardio" workouts. Cathe's form is much better in KPC as well (compare the punches and her elbows!)

Turbo Kick!!!!!! If you have a gym nearby, try it. It is a great kickboxing class to take, it is even better than Cathe! Sorry Cathe, I love your workouts, but I like this style of kickboxing better.

cardio kicks is a great workout!!!! billy blanks advanced tapes are very good as well . I have a bag at home so i love his bag workout. i bought the 2 set of cardiop kicks and circuit max and i love them

I thought I read somewhere that there was going to be a home workout version of Turbo Kick? An infomercial maybe?

Anybody know anything about this?

I guess I am in the minority, but I think CK is awesome, intense cardio. I did KPC off Fittv (I know it's not the whole workout) and find CK more cardiovascular challenging. I am not big into punching and jabs, (too boring) but if you have alot of floor space and like more cardio, CK will give you a good workout. The first time I did this though, it seemed too easy, but once I learned the choreography, the next time I did CK I got pretty winded. To each his/her own, but I find this one underrated. Tae Bo Advanced Live series from years ago is very good as well. I don't think they are still in print. Cueing is poor, but good workouts if you can find them.

Does anyone have an opinion on the kickboxing premix from BC? I'm looking for a description of the workout and the length. Also, I posted this in another thread, but can anyone give me a comparison of the KickBox workout in CTX to KPC? Also, what about the kickbox segment in 10-10-10. I'm making up my mind about what to buy and would love and welcome any and all opinions!

I was a diehard Janis fan and loved her Hardcore workout until I discovered Cathe. I've since sold my Hardcore DVD. I also tried Powerstrike and it's a great workout but I guess I'm spoiled by Cathe's superior production values and I couldn't get past how "home made" Powerstrike looked.

I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting Kickmax!!

In answer to the question regarding the kickboxing premix in BC, it's the kickboxing-type cardio segments strung together and it's only 7 minutes; a very intense 7 minutes, but only a teaser compared to CK or KPC!

Diane

Thanks for the input Diane...

Intense is good but the length's a bit short....teaser is the right word!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.