Kickbox Video Question

L

LoveMyLab

Hi Everyone,

I would like to include a week of just kickboxing into my rotation. Have been renting various ones...IE..Tae Bo, Kathy Smith, etc. Also have read various reviews on tapes. I think the best reviews come from THIS educated crowd!

So far the advance Tae Bo looks worth it. I plan to do 6 days of kickboxing every 6 weeks. Can you please help with 5 more suggestions.

Hope for some really tough, heart stomping sweaty ones.

P.S. Cathe's kickbox and Cardio Kicks will stay in the other rotations.

Thank You for your help!
Laura

I happen to like Taebo....I have 4 favorite advanced live tapes that I use. Billy Blanks seems to have no gray area as far as whether people like him or not....seems to be either "love him or hate him." To each his own.

Powerstrike

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-02 AT 07:04AM (Est)[/font][p]Laura, if you like Billy's style and can handle advanced Taebo, then you might like Powerstike. http://www.powerstrike.com

The workouts are led by two women, Patricia and Ilaria, who tag team the combos. I'd recommend their last two workouts..the Millenium series. Number 2 seems to be a favorite..over #1. Their early ones are good too...but the filming production is a notch below the new ones.

Another one I like is Sherri J's CIA tape...Fit To Kick.

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/naconfer/images/cathechicksig.jpg

Try Franny's Kickit 2000 or Aaron Lankford's Powerkicks. Both videos work up a good sweat. Kickit 2000 lasts for about 55 minutes, and Powerkicks is about 40 minutes long.

Sandi M

Hi Laura,

I love taebo, so I have not found in necessary to try any other kickboxing videos. I have circuit max of cathe's, which has some kickboxing moves. Although I love this tape, I think that I prefer the kickboxing style and intensity of taebo better.

If I were you I would consider getting the taebo get ripped advanced videos because they are superior to the live advanced in my opinion. But I still love the live advanced too. I think that you can order the advanced get ripped for $20 or so, but I cannot remember where I saw them for sale. Look around, you'll find them cheap!

The reason that I like taebo so much is that I really feel my body working when I do it, and I really see results. It just does wonders for your abs, if you do the exercises correctly.

Good luck and enjoy your exercising!
Kristie S

Hi Laura,
If you are interested in any of the TaeBo Live Advanced videos, I have been trying to sell mine. I still have Volumes 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 10 available. I am very reasonable with the price. You can e-mail me privately at [email protected] if you are interested. Good luck!
Linda

I've seen the two advanced Get Ripped packaged together for sale at Best Buy for $20. I paid $30 plus shipping and handling for them, so you can imagine my frustration! I like these videos ten times better than the original TaeBo advanced, but not as much as I love Cardio Kicks. I hope you can find them. Enjoy!
Mair

You may want to try Janis Saffell.I love her & I started with Taebo.It's more choreography but I think she is one of the finest trainers.I love Kick IT , Kickbox Express , Stikezone and Ringside.For more basic move I like John Savidis Kickbox 2000 series.He works you hard and he is nice to look at.
Good luck

Thank You Everyone!

Thank You for your responses! Really appreciated. I am investigating all. I am looking at reviews for each and all. I have also rentd Tae Bo Get Ripped & the advanced. I will look into all mentioned!!! Thank you again!

You've made this easy!
Laura

Hi Linda

Thank you for responding. Also ...Thank you for the offer. I will E-Mail you privately soon! Just need to pre-view a few here!

Laura

P.S. Hope your wedding plans are going well!!! Hope you post some pictures of the big event!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.