Kick Max!!!

CAgostini

Cathlete
Just wanted to say how much I love KickMax. I know a lot of people have issues with it, but the more I do it the more I love it! I do not like the blast section, so I rarely do it, but I cannot get enough of the other parts.

The warmup is completely thorough. I like to use it to warmup before CM and SM sections. The combos didn't flow well for me at first. But now, I'm starting to 'get' it. I really like it. And I can't say enough about the Leg drills. Just a good workout variance. Cathe has incorporated so many balance and core moves, that the workout has had a pilates, Callanetics effect on me. I believe the little muscles are getting used. KM really adds a different dimension to Cathe workouts for me.

I'm really enjoying the HC series as a whole. Very little dread factor in all the workouts for me. Also, I like the way Cathe has focused on the lower body in this series. Great crosstraining. All of my pants are loose!

Thanks Cathe!

i totally agree... the more i do kick max.. the more i love it.. and i love the blasts! lol! i actually did not like it at all the first time i did it... (except the leg drills... even loved those the first time!)

but it was such a calorie burner (and i love the leg drills).. so i've done it at least once a week since getting it.. and each time i love it more and more!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I am really trying to like this one, but it is my least favorite of the HC's. I don't like the blast section at all, is the low impact section long enough to get any cardio benefits??? I can do the low impact and drill sections without too much angst, I think.

Maybe kickboxing just doesn't do it for me, KPC is okay, but not one of my faves either..

I don't like the blast section at all. Not good for my knees, and although the blast works out the legs well, it doesn't have anything to do with kickboxing. I love the kickboxing portion and leg conditioning drills, so I use those a lot. I'm going to see if I can use the blast portion as a different workout, and on my rebounder. There are many ways to use Cathe's workouts.

Pinky

I agree with you totally the more ya do the more you like it. I modify some of the blasts because I don't like ALL that jumping. I am starting to see my legs shrinking and I think it has a lot to do with doing kickmax weekly plus being consistant with my rotation.

Pinky,
did'nt you get a rebounder? If so how do you like it? My b-day is in June and that is what I want:D Everytime Cathe has alot of the jumping I keep wishing I had one now:D

Take care,
~Nicole

Hey Nicole, yes I did get a rebounder. I'm still trying to get used to it. When I follow JB Berns, I'm still off by a count. My body's not so attuned to the "fluidity" (for lack of a better word) of the impact, but it's great because my knees are really protected. I want to master the intermediate and advanced DVD that came with it before I try Cathe's moves on it. I'm afraid of falling off the thing!:7 My son loves it a lot, too. He has a condition called sensory integration dysfunction, and jumping on his trampoline and on my rebounder (sometimes from one to the other) provides his joints and muscles with excellent sensory input. So we're both getting a kick out of it. Also, I'm on a HC/S&H rotation for the next 4-6 weeks, or until I get bored of the heavy weights, and I'm not doing as much cardio. June is only less than 3 months away, so it's not so long now.:D

Pinky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.