Kick boxing DVD's?

Hello,

I Love Kick p&c KM and CK, but would love to mix it up a bit. Does anyone know of any fun but advanced kick boxing dvd's
that you could recomend? I have all the Turbo Jams (like them but can only do one a week.. not a hip hop music kind of gal) and do not like Billy Blank's workouts at all.

Thank you in advance as i am just horrid at replying to stuff.

Stay cool,it is a hot one today in Toronto as all over North America.

Also a little note to add... you are a great group of women with great info. Fun to read all of your posts, am learning quite a bit and get a giggle as well.

Brigitte

I love kickboxing. Besides Cathe's workouts, Janis Saffell is really good. She isn't as tough, but you get a good workout and Janis is really like-able. She has her own website or you could go to Collagevideo.com
Hope this helps. :)

Kimberly Spreen has some great kickboxing workouts. I love her and she is a great person. I met her last November. My friend took me to her gym in Ohio for my birthday to take classes with her and meet her. She took us both to lunch. We spent probably 3 or 4 hours sitting around just BSing. She is a great person and her workouts are wonderful. Just google her name and her website will come up. Some of her vids are available at collage video but most of them are only available on her website. Good luck! :)

I haven't done these, but from what I understand the Powerstrike Millenium workouts are supposed to be fantastic.

I heard they were really good workouts also. I don't have them but they are on my list. I really like Janis Saffell also. she is very good and very likeable. Her workouts are fun and easy to follow. Unfortunately, they are not as tough as they used to be for me now that I do Cathe's kickboxing workouts. But I still do them on days when I know I'm too tired or sore to do my Cathe kickboxing workouts. My favorite Janis Saffell kickboxing workout is Kickbox Stike Zone. Its great! :) :)

>Kimberly Spreen has some great kickboxing workouts. I love
>her and she is a great person. I met her last November. My
>friend took me to her gym in Ohio for my birthday to take
>classes with her and meet her. She took us both to lunch. We
>spent probably 3 or 4 hours sitting around just BSing. She is
>a great person and her workouts are wonderful. Just google
>her name and her website will come up. Some of her vids are
>available at collage video but most of them are only available
>on her website. Good luck! :)

Where is Kimberly's gym in Ohio? I live in Ohio myself. I'd love to go check it out some day. I really like both of her workouts that I have- Kicbox Boot Camp and Cardio Camp (both by CIA). I just ordered her brand new 10 minute Solution Fitness Ball. I can't wait to get it!

Its called Lifetime Fitness. Google it and the website will come up with all the information. I can't remember where in Ohio it is to tell you the truth. Kimberly got promoted not to long ago and moved to Minneapolis so she is no longer at that location. But, she told my friend and I that when she comes in to visit her family she would let us know so we could get together for a visit. She totally rocks.
Lifetime Fitness is awesome. it has everything. check it out.
T.

PS: I forgot to add if you go to her website she has 2 other awesome kickboxing workouts - Box N Flo and Triple Threat. Actually, triple threat is 3 workouts on one DVD. The first one is a great kickboxing routine, the second one uses an 8 pound medicine ball (it is tough!) and the third one is a yoga related stretch workout. Lots of balancing and stuff like that. She has another one on her website called Progressive Strength which is a 30 min strength training workout and also includes a cardio workout that uses a body bar. it is also a great and very tough workout. just wanted to let you know.
T.:) :)

I tried Janis Saffell's Kick It and just sold it on ebay. I thought it was just "ok".

Brigitte let us know what you get and if you like it!

I have Kick It and rarely do it. Kick Box Strike Zone is really good though. It flows really nice and is alot of fun.
She does one of the Quick Fix videos which is 3 ten min segements (and one bonus 10 min segment) of kickboxing. It is for beginner/intermediates. It is also very fun and a good introduction to kickboxing. I bought that one when I first started getting interested in kickboxing and it was a very good one to start with for anyone out there who is looking for that sort of thing. Also, it is good on days when I don't feel like killing myself but I want to workout and sweat.
T.

Check Deep Discount DVD's website. They probably have it for under $10 and they have free shipping. I think that's where I got it. Also, if you go to Target's website and type in her name under DVDs I think its on there too. I can't remember how much it is at target.
KBSZ is one of my favorite kickboxing videos but its not killer or anything like that. It used to hurt me but since I've been doing cathe's videos it is not as hard. I still love it.

Thanks, Theresa. I've heard of Lifetime Fitness. There are many of them in my city. I will have to check them out. It's cool that you and Kimberly struck up a friendship. I wish her all the best in Minneapolis.

I have Janis' Kick It and I love it. I must be in the minority. I just got her Kickbox Strike Zone and don't like it nearly as much. It's not intense enough for me.

Janis Saffell also has a workout called Hardcore Kickobx circuit which alternates cardio routine with upper- and lower-body strength training. I like it much better than Strike Zone. Overall, 10 minutes of warmup (including pushups, punches, jacks and twists), 40 minutes of cardio and about 15 minutes of weights.

I have that one to and it is great also. I like the guy who does it with her. I forget his name but it begins with a G. it is really tough. I also bought that one on Deep Discount DVD's website. really cheap too. I don't do that one as much because of the weight portion. I would rather do one of my cathe's circuit tapes. I haven't done hardcore kickbox circuit enough to try using heavier weights to get a better workout. I'll have to try that next time.
Janis hasn't put out any new tapes in a while. I wonder if she is going to do that any time soon. I like her personality. very warm and friendly.:)
T.

> I like the guy who
>does it with her. I forget his name but it begins with a G.
>it is really tough.

Guillermo Gomez. Her husband (or at least SO).

Get out of town!! I didn't know he was her husband!! he's a cutie. love the accent. the things you learn on this forum....its just mindbending. hahahaha
T.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.