Kettlebells for Cardio?

Boomer6454

I love kettlebells and would like to incorporate them as my cardio (if possible) in my STS training. The problem is logging them. There is nothing that even resembles a KB workout in any of the pull down menus (in the workout calendar). AND, kettlebell training is a lot more than just cardio; it can be a super intense weighted/cardio interval workout. I was thinking to reduce the weight I typically use, so that the workout is more cardio/aerobic in nature.

Please let me know what you think about doing Kettlebells for cardio, and whether you might add that to the pull down menus. Thank you!

Carol

Hi Carol,

I love kettlebells, and do them for cardio quite often! I'm not currently doing STS, so can't help you on the pull-down issue, but I do think you are on the right track about using lighter bells. This will allow you to move at a quicker pace. I have noticed that even when I use heavy kbs, I can still train with heavy weights the next day. Kettlebells work the body differently than traditional weight training, so I don't feel like I'm overtraining my muscles.

Thanks for the response Jan. :) I'm only at 25# with my KB training, so I'm not using any seriously heavy weights. I started last July and had a couple of bad setbacks (health issues). I'm still trying to recover my cardio endurance, but it's not been easy. I figured using a lighter bell wouldn't (hopefully) interfere with the STS weight training, as muscles need recovery time to rebuild/grow.

I hope Cathe adds it to the pull down menus! :)

Carol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.