Kelly Coffey Meyer

Murphymax

Cathlete
Hi, everyone, just had to give a shout out to KCM's Muscle Up and Split. I purchased them a couple of months ago and have been thoroughly enjoying them. I also really like Weights, Your Best Body and Trim Down.

Any other weight style KCM dvds you would recommend?

Thanks!

Hi, everyone, just had to give a shout out to KCM's Muscle Up and Split. I purchased them a couple of months ago and have been thoroughly enjoying them. I also really like Weights, Your Best Body and Trim Down.

Any other weight style KCM dvds you would recommend?

Thanks!

I've been using Body Shop the past couple weeks and really like both workouts. You don't really use heavy weights (I think I used just 8, 10 & 12 pound dumbbells), but I felt it the next day.

Shelbygirl

I really like Muscle Definition, especially the double everything premix which I think is called "the NYC premix" or something like that. Also, LIFT and Powersculpt, the latter is quick and dirty, an excellent add-on after a great cardio DVD.

Clare

I like all of the above. And admit that I get DOMS every time I do Muscle Definition. :)

Clare, Catherine, Rhondalyn, thank you so much for the feed back. I have checked out Muscle Definition a couple of times; however, never purchased it. I will definitely add that to the collection.

Any thoughts on NYC Body sculpting, Body shop and Fitness body training?

I probably have all of KCM's DVD's except for the one for the back, Start Here and the most recent athletic training release. I started with her original step boxing workouts and still have a lot of fun with these. Anyway, I tend to do her newer workouts and it's been a long time since I've done NYC. Fitness body is great for traveling or if you're just in the mood for a body wt only workout. I also like Body Shop and recently did both workouts on this one. I say go for it and give them a try. :)

Murphymax, I really enjoy each of these three videos. However, if I were to rank these 3 videos in order of my preference and the frequency that I reach for them, it would be as follows:

1) Body Shop--a total body endurance weight workout that keeps your heartrate up and is as difficult as you want it to be, depending on how heavy you go with your weights.

2) NYC Body Sculpting--a circuit-style workout that alternates upper with lower body. It's a bit shorter in length and does not fatigue the muscles as much as Body Shop (except for the triceps section, which is killer IMO) and most of the leg work does not involve weights. I reach for this workout when I want a shorter workout that leaves me with a friendly burn and a moderate cardio effect.

3) 30 Mins to Fitness: Body Training--a no-equipment total body toning workout. The first 30 mins are no-equipment legs that gets my heart rate soaring when I execute the moves with all of my focus. The second 30 mins is mostly floorwork, again no -equipment, that involves push-ups, core, more legwork, etc. I think this workout is sadly often overlooked. The entire 60 mins moves quickly. I often use this video at the end of a week where I have done heavy weights (like a GS week) and want a little bit of an extra burn in my muscles but don't want to use weights.

With so many wonderful Kelly videos it can be difficult to prioritize your spending! I'm always hoping I will win the lottery so that I can fund my workout DVD addiction. :)

Lisa

I probably have all of KCM's DVD's except for the one for the back, Start Here and the most recent athletic training release. I started with her original step boxing workouts and still have a lot of fun with these. Anyway, I tend to do her newer workouts and it's been a long time since I've done NYC. Fitness body is great for traveling or if you're just in the mood for a body wt only workout. I also like Body Shop and recently did both workouts on this one. I say go for it and give them a try. :)

Thanks, Rhondalyn, I agree, I think I will just "go for it." ;)

Murphymax, I really enjoy each of these three videos. However, if I were to rank these 3 videos in order of my preference and the frequency that I reach for them, it would be as follows:

1) Body Shop--a total body endurance weight workout that keeps your heartrate up and is as difficult as you want it to be, depending on how heavy you go with your weights.

2) NYC Body Sculpting--a circuit-style workout that alternates upper with lower body. It's a bit shorter in length and does not fatigue the muscles as much as Body Shop (except for the triceps section, which is killer IMO) and most of the leg work does not involve weights. I reach for this workout when I want a shorter workout that leaves me with a friendly burn and a moderate cardio effect.

3) 30 Mins to Fitness: Body Training--a no-equipment total body toning workout. The first 30 mins are no-equipment legs that gets my heart rate soaring when I execute the moves with all of my focus. The second 30 mins is mostly floorwork, again no -equipment, that involves push-ups, core, more legwork, etc. I think this workout is sadly often overlooked. The entire 60 mins moves quickly. I often use this video at the end of a week where I have done heavy weights (like a GS week) and want a little bit of an extra burn in my muscles but don't want to use weights.

With so many wonderful Kelly videos it can be difficult to prioritize your spending! I'm always hoping I will win the lottery so that I can fund my workout DVD addiction. :)

Lisa

Lisa, I completely agree about winning the lottery to fund our DVD addiction ;)

Thank you so much for the thorough reply. It looks like I have a few new KCM DVDs in my future!

I just made an observation, and of course I have to blab it to everyone. I apologize for the third post. Cathe and KCM seem to get more amazing with every passing year. Not a bad gig. I want that.

Karen

Karen, I'm jealous! I haven't received my DVD yet. Maybe tomorrow. I did watch a preview on Collage and I thought the same thing: "I think that's Cathe's set!" Do you know if Kelly filmed in Cathe's studio?

Lisa
Hi Lisa! I'm not Karen (obviously ;) ) but KCM did indeed film in Cathe's studio. IIRC, Cathe mentioned on FB that other fitness pros would be using her studio set for filming. :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.