Katherine Heigel as Stephanie Plum?

jdawnc

Cathlete
Could this be true or are they just teasing us? I just found out that Ms. Heigel's hair is dark for her role in her new film "One for the Money". Now, I know they have tried this before and we were left hanging.

Do you think the movie will be any good? Do you think it will even be released?

Boy, definitely not how I pictured her. Cannot wait to see who's cast for Grandma Mazur and Lulu (is that her name?! I'm drawing a blank!).

I picture Queen Latifah and Estelle Getty, may she RIP, second choice for Grandma would be........the lady that likes to swim in spaghetti from the Happy Madison movies.

I always could picture Sandra Bullock as Stephanie. I don't know who I would have be Ranger and Morelli.

Is it true they are working on this movie? I love all the books. They are such a fast, fun read.

I always could picture Sandra Bullock as Stephanie. I don't know who I would have be Ranger and Morelli.

Is it true they are working on this movie? I love all the books. They are such a fast, fun read.

I agree, Sandy Bullock, someone with enough experience to carry off a beloved character. Heigl doesn't have enough strength of character yet, plus she's just so whiny.......

Someone like Ryan Reynolds, but maybe a little older, or a little rougher around the edges. Reynolds is still somewhat boyish and smooth. How about Timothy Olyphant?

Clare

*ahem* For the hopelessly out of touch with the current crop of actors...a pic or two? :eek:

Wasn't Jon Leguizamo (sp) in that Robin Williams movie? Bird Cage? I loved him in that. Is he sexy enough for Ranger?

Last edited:
I was so disappointed when I heard about this a few weeks ago. Heigl? No way is she going to be able to carry Stephanie off -- at least the Stephanie that's in my head.

*ahem* For the hopelessly out of touch with the current crop of actors...a pic or two? :eek:

Wasn't Jon Leguizamo (sp) in that Robin Williams movie? Bird Cage? I loved him in that. Is he sexy enough for Ranger?

I tend to agree. Not sure he is quite sexy enough to pull of Ranger. Ranger is a BIG, muscular guy. I am trying to think of someone hot and big enough...I am thinking someone like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Morelli has to be Italian. Hmmnm...trying to think of someone good looking enough AND Italian in the current crop of actors. I wouldn't mind seeing the guy who plays Dante on my soap (General Hospital). He isn't quite tall enough though.

Carrie

Heigl has confirmed that this is true, but they're not filming yet, so things could change....she's not my favorite ;)

I vote for Benjamin Bratt for Ranger (old Law and Order, was dating Julie Roberts long ago) and Ryan Gosling (The Notebook) for Morelli. I doubt he'd do it, but that would work for me!

Last edited:
I see some of you already picked my choices, but. . .

I am not sure who Kathryn Heigl is, but I always pictured Stephanie as more like a Leah Remini (sp?) type.

Grandma Mazur as the gramma from the Nanny.

Ranger - The Rock

Morelli - Benjamin Bratt

Lula - Queen Latifah

Stephanie's mother - the lady who played Seinfeld's mother

Not sure who I would pick for Connie.

Ah yes, Ben Bratt would be good too. I don't care who they get as long as they are good eye candy!

I always saw Sandra Bullock as Stephanie, although I could also see Debi Mazar playing the role. I am suprised by the Heigl choice. The Rock would be great for Ranger, and I cannot figure out Morelli. Betty White may make a good Grandma, but Costanza's mom would be good too.

Last edited:
Oh no! That is HUGELY disappointing! I just do not see her as Steph. I've always had Marisa Tomei in my head when I picture Steph, but I guess she's too old now.

I always had Antonio Banderas in my head as Ranger, but I guess he's too old now too.

I'd love to see Christian Bale as Morelli. Great actor, even better eye candy. ;)

Totally agree about Queen Latifah--she'd rock Lula!

And Betty White as Grandma Mazur. Ms. White calls herself the "energiner buzzy." :D

As a jersey girl myself, and I read all the books, I was really disappointed in the choice of heigl for Stephanie. I think Bullock would have nailed being Stephanie! but I like the Debi Mazar as 2nd choice.

my choices for the rest of the cast of characters -

grandma - the grandma from the Nanny

Morelli- I like the idea of Christian Bale! personally I would like to see Sawyer from Lost do it - maybe dye his hair???

Ranger- Benjamin Bratt

Lulu - Sherri Shepherd (she cracks me up, but she may be to thin now)

I love the idea of Seinfeld mom as Stephanie's mom!

Love this series!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.