Just starting PS

M

Meghan

Hi All!

I am an avid stepper but I just got Cathe's PS series and I would like to get started. My problem is that I have never used weights before so I'm not sure at which weight I should start. Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm sure this has probably been addressed elsewhere but I couldn't find it. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
happy.gif

Meg

PS Series

Hi Meghan,
If you have never used wieghts before, go very light so you can use good form and get your muscles used to doing these different exercises.
For example start out with 3lb and if you find it too light go higher. As far as your squats and Lunges, start off with no wieght, then work up to light barbell. I doesn't take long to get the feel and once you start you will love what wieghts will do for you!! I love the PS Series, and I don't care for stepping at all, although I need the cardio. Hope this helps.
happy.gif

Hi Meg!

I think its great that you are starting to do weights. It is soooo good for you. Anyway, the PS series is very easy to use as a beginner. Simply cut back to very light wieghts for all of the exercises. You will have to experiment a little to find out what weight challenges you for each exercise but for now keep it pretty light and just get used to the format and exercises in these tapes. After about your second time trying each tape, you will want to select a weight that gives your muscles a nice challenge toward the end of each set. As you do these tapes more and
more, you will realize that as you get stronger, a weight that once challenged you for a particular exercise is no longer as challenging. When you get to this point(as with all of the exercises)increase your weight for this exercise so that it is once again very challenging. Good Luck!

Thanks!

Thank you both! That is very helpful. I can't wait to get started!!
happy.gif
I LOVE Cathe's step tapes, so I'm sure I will be just as happy with the PS series!
happy.gif

Meg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.