Just how wonderful are P90X workouts?

I was doing cathe for a while before I ordered the P90x and I had almost her whole hardcore series. My favorite of the P90x is all of the upperbody workouts, I did legs for a while but backed off because they were getting a little too muscular with all my other workouts. I also love Yoga X...my whole body is sore for days after I do it and abripper is the best abs tape I have. Soooo definitely worth the price.

Pre TLT's, I consider P90X my best fitness DVD investment in the past few years. It's a very complete and balanced program (though I personally needed more in the lower body department, and others like to add or substitute more cardio), and following the rotations can really help you learn about the importance of rotations and recovery (both within the workouts and after every 3 weeks of training).

I didn't get to my P90X workouts until over a month after I got and previewed them, because the first workout in the rotation, Chest and Back, was way too intimidating (pull-ups and push-ups galore!). When I did finally take the plunge, I started mid-rotation with Shoulders and Arms and went from there. It was a bit gentler way to get into things.

I actually just received this series, purchased finally due to Kathryn's and others' reviews. I plan on starting the rotation on Sunday.

I think I am going to like the series. I can see where Tony could get irritating, but you can turn off his chatter and only hear his cues and music...(or even no music). I kinda enjoy his banter.

I do feel like this kind of series can produce some serious results.

It comes with two really nice books: one for nutrition and an eating plan, and one that outlines three different rotations and each exercise. Good information, in my opinion. The DVDs are in a nice case.

I think it is a good investment; kinda light on the cardio, but I knew that before I ordered. That is ok for me because I like to walk/run in the evenings now that the weather is warming up, and I will add in Cathe, of course.

Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.