Just finished sts disc 1, 1Rm?

Kitterfly

Cathlete
:eek: I just finished disc 1 wasnt really excepting to start this week but thought what the heck! wow my arms are talking to me;). I noticed that with some of my 1rm they were to light, should I redo the 1 rm for these? If some of them were to heavy should I redo these or try harder or go to lower weights in the final reps? one other question I seem unable to use Cathe's green hulk band it is just to darn hard, I'm using the coral one, I think this will be fine but what do you think? Cant wait to see what's next I think :p Any advice about sts from the sts veterans would be great. Thanks in advance from the newbie:p Angela :D:D:D:D

Someone pls correct me if I wrong but I think if you use the Workout Manager, you can update your 1RM as you go. So, go to your calendar in the WM & choose your STS disc. Should display all the exercises & u can put down what weight you did. Short answer but give it a try.

Yep, just adjust as you go. If the weight is too light either (A) change right away and go heavier, or (B) do as many as you can with the light weight ( hopefully it's no more than 20). Either way *write down* the weight/reps you DID do, and put it in the workout manager when you finish the workout. It will auto adjust for the next time you do that exercise. It took me a couple of workouts to get it together, but it all falls in line in a short time.

The main thing to remember is to write down what you actually do, whether it's more or less then you expected, and enter it in the w/o manager.

Yep, just adjust as you go. If the weight is too light either (A) change right away and go heavier, or (B) do as many as you can with the light weight ( hopefully it's no more than 20). Either way *write down* the weight/reps you DID do, and put it in the workout manager when you finish the workout. It will auto adjust for the next time you do that exercise. It took me a couple of workouts to get it together, but it all falls in line in a short time.

The main thing to remember is to write down what you actually do, whether it's more or less then you expected, and enter it in the w/o manager.

I am on week 3 of STS and have been updating my workout cards as soon as I finish the disc and then printing out the next weeks workout card for that same muscle group. I have not noticed that my weights are adjusting based on the actual weight I use and the actual reps completed that I enter. I am having to pencil in when I need to go lighter/heavier based on the disc I just finished.

Am I doing this wrong? Am I supposed to updating the 1RM in addition to the workout card for the disc?

TIA!

Im also on week 3 and doing exactly what you're doing with workout sheet updating it.

I'm loving STS :)

I am on week 3 of STS and have been updating my workout cards as soon as I finish the disc and then printing out the next weeks workout card for that same muscle group. I have not noticed that my weights are adjusting based on the actual weight I use and the actual reps completed that I enter. I am having to pencil in when I need to go lighter/heavier based on the disc I just finished.

Am I doing this wrong? Am I supposed to updating the 1RM in addition to the workout card for the disc?

TIA!

Oh, I'm sorry, I probably should've worded it a little better :eek: . You want to update your 1RM instead of the actual worksheet. If you update the 1RM, it will auto update your worksheet for you. So after each workout, go to the Workout Manager, and to your 1RM, select the specific disc/exercise, & punch in whatever weight you did use, and whatever reps you did (since the 1RM calculator allow you to enter up to 20 reps, this gives you a lot of leeway in case your weight was too light, this is also why I suggest going to failure even if your weight is too light, for the sake of the 1RM). Once you hit save, it will update all future w/o cards accordingly. I've never actually had to update my worksheet that I can recall, so I guess that's why I didn't think to specify. :eek:

HTH, sorry for not being clear before. :confused: Let me know if that makes sense, it was a life saver for me. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.