Just a reminder...

DebbieH

Cathlete
...to be sure to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. We've had three deaths this week and it just reminds me of how much we take life for granted. I feel so blessed to be healthy and have a wonderful hubby who treats me like a queen, 2 healthy kids, 3 amazing grandkids and so many friends, here on the forums and in REAL life that I can't even begin to count! Sooo, how blessed are you?

Aw, thank you Deb ((((((hugs)))) and sorry to hear of your tragic losses this week. My heart goes out to you and your family!

Hi Deb, I am sooo very sorry for your losses! What a great reminder! You and your family will be in my prayers!

((((((((((((HUGS TO YOU ALL))))))))))))))))))!

Pam

My God, Debbie! I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune. I pray that things will get better for you soon.

And, yes, an excellent point. A little something that everyone should remember.

(((Major hug!))) :)

((Debbie)) It never rains but it pours.

I have to remind myself frequently to count my many blessings, name them one by one. Then I realize that there are too many to list. Family, friends, health, good job, home, food (too much of that!) etc etc. And time, because it does heal. MWAH.

Hi Debbie!

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I don't live that far from San Francisco and I was reading the blog of a gal whose house blew up in the gas explosion just a few days ago. All of them made it out with just their clothes on their backs. They lost every thing except each other. All of their pictures, papers, cameras, computers, original music, musical instruments (I'm a musician, thats like ripping your heart out.) But, she was so grateful that everybody made it out. Her grown son ran into the burning building and carried his 82 year old grandmother down the stairs on his back. Reading that just brought tears to my eyes. It also made me embarrassed that I should ever complain about my own life. The only things wrong with me are things that I can fix. My life is intact and in the shape that it is by my own doing, not by some act of G-d. I need to be grateful everyday.

I'm so sorry for your losses this past week. Super cyber hugs coming your way from sunny CA right now. <<<hug>>>>

Debbie-

I am so sorry for your losses.

My blessings are simple and I am ever grateful for them all. My DH and children and Dad and extended family and kitties.

*** We live next to a major gas line that has been updated in the last two years, and I am so very appreciative of that ! ***

It's a hard lesson to learn when someone close to you passes away. My sister died a few years back, she was only in her early 50's. I was not close to her because I was too lazy and selfish to take the time and make a relationship work. Now she is gone. I cannot atone for my stupidity. She's gone. I learned a hard lesson.

Then my remaining sister gets mad at me because she emailed me a scanned picture of me when I was maybe 12 wearing some hippy dress, cat eye glasses and I was fat. She sent it with only the subject line of 'LOVE THE DRESS' I sent her back a response of 'You're so mean !!!!!! that picture should be shredded' She then stopped emailing me. She did not send me a birthday greeting. So I finally emailed her and asked what's up. She responded that she thought I thought she was mean and how could I not think that sending her an email with 'You're so mean' and SIX exclamation marks not upset her.

So she cut me off, threw our relationship away. I tried to get her to understand that we are all we have left of our family and what happened with me and our middle sister and not to let that happen, but she cut me off. It's sad.

So all the cliche's you hear are right - We only have today. Who knows what will happen tomorrow. Love those around you like they won't be here tomorrow. Let small things roll off your back and not hold grudges. Life is short. Make the best out of each day, one day at a time.

Hugs to you Debbie and your family.

Debbie, I'm so sorry for your losses. How awful. You and your family will be in my prayers... What an amazing attitude you have. Thanks for reminding me to count my blessings. I have many. My biggest blessings: my incredibly patient and nearly perfect DH, my three healthy, beautiful boys and my parents.

(((Hugs)))

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.