Just a little rant

Caren

Cathlete
My sister in law recently got a boob job & tummy tuck. She has always looked great and doesn't work out. To me, the surgery really didn't make sense. Anyway, we get our nails done by the same woman. When I got my nails done this weekend, the nail woman said that my sister-in-law really looks great since the surgery and I agreed, and she asked me if I was going to get it done now! I was insulted. I don't feel that I need either, a tummy tuck or a boob job! I don't care about having big fake boobs and while I'm not a teensy little thing, I'm not overweight and I work out 5-6 days a week and watch what I eat. I told her I wasn't having anything done and she looked at me and said "no pain, no gain!" To me!! As if I do nothing to try to improve myself. Ugh, some people!

kim, my initial thoughts exactly! We must be related! :)

I do wonder why someone who depends on your tips and business for their income would say something like that and imply that you need some "work" done. She must not care for a return visit.

Missy

I don't think her comments were meant to insult. I think they were out of curiosity. Why are you insulted by them?

I was insulted because I didn't think she would say that unless she thought I needed to get it done. I guess you had to hear her/see her say it to understand.

Working out 5-6 days a week and eating clean are PAINFUL to a lot of people I know. If that nails woman did what you're doing, I don't think she'd last a week because she will find out how hard it is and most probably just opt for the services of a doctor who can make her look like your SIL. Sigh. Everyone's right. Don't go back there.

I hope you didn't tip her.:(

Pinky

Well, if you truly feel like it was meant to be an insult than don't go back. Or, you could tell her how it made you feel. But, most people don't like confrontation.

My response would have been,

" Well, at least I know I could change my appearance. You, on the other hand, cannot change your lack of intelligence..."

I can be realllyyyy snotty, sometimes..x(

I get my nails done and have been to a few nail salons, in one salon most to the manicurist had had a boob job, and asked me if I wanted the number for their doctor, I just laugh and said no. I am a B cub and I am not overweight but most manicurist in my area are from Vietnan and have very little social skills, they say anything without thinking. I think they have a low level of conciousness, I don't get offended by this people, I beleive that they don't know any better.
The only person you need to please is you, if you are happy with who you are, forget other peoples's opinions and comments. This is my take on the boob job and I don't intent to offend anyone, this is only my opinion. If a man is going to be attracted to me for the water baloons in my chest, he can go and find himself someone else. I am more than by body, I also have a terrific mind and a compassionate soul, that is much more than the boobs. I take care of body by exercising and eating healthy but my focus is health and not just looks.

I personally would have been really insulted as well. But, honestly, it really just shows an ignorance and lack of social skills on her part. And if it makes you feel better, A LOT of people, your SIL included, don't look like they NEED to get the surgery done. So, if your SIL didn't look like she needed it, then maybe the manicurist doesn't believe you LOOK like you need it either. Either way...that was way rude!!!!:)

I would have been insulted as well. Most of us here work very hard to remain buff and you can always tell who is really working it and who isn't. There are alot of uneducated people out there who don't have a clue when it comes to fitness and nutrition so keep your chin up as that woman is just plain dumb!

BTW, I had my nails done too this week...in the ceiling fan as they got caught up in there. Be careful of those things when your doing jumping jacks, etc. LOL

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.