June 10 Check in Friday 25th*************

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today is Power Max for me after we get back from the park....I enjoyed reading all the posts last night...

Talk to you later..

Hey Girls!

Happy Friday, for those who celebrate it ;)

I woke up at 4am (to check Zach's sugar) and realized today was going to be the day I will battle one of my stubborn headaches. Great. Just how I want to spend my day.

I was looking at the Turbo Fire schedule again and realized I can't do it exact this week. I'll do Day #2 today (HiiT 15, and will do 4DS Bi's and Tri's. + stretch/yoga), but then tomorrow will be cardio of my choice, Sunday rest day, Monday start in again on the schedule. I was also reading the Nutritional Guide. How I wish I could commit and devote myself to eating like that. They have a 5 day Turbo Plan, which I would also love to do. I just don't think I have the discipline.

Kathy: Oh! Have fun with Power Max today! One off of Cardio Hits, those are kind of fun to do for a change of pace!

I was happy to talk Zach out of going to Six Flags tonight with that troublemaker friend. Explained how hanging with troublemakers , will make HIM a troublemaker, even if he isn't one. He actually agreed! :eek: .. Tomorrow he's asked to be dropped off at the movies, to meet up with friends there, though. NOT the troublemaker, but 2 other boys and 3 GIRLS!! I had to DIG that info out of him. He was reluctant to tell me there were going to be girls there. LOL!

Better go start my workout. The weather is AWESOME out today, and the boys want to have a Lemonade stand! Gotta grocery shop first, though.

BBL!

Good morning..... I'm late this morning, though it doesn't really matter.... nothing to rush off to til this afternoon. I want to go back and look at yesterday's thread to see if I missed anything....

Chris, I was thinking more about all the kid stuff you've had going on this week. At the 5th grade graduation party some of the moms with older kids were talking about how our lives are different than the people who live in town. As the kids get a little older there (middle schoolish to high school, I guess), the thing they do is sneak out of the house at night and meet up with friends in town. There's nowhere to sneak out to here, and their friends all live too far away! But, I'm wondering if that was the case with your visitors the other night -- maybe the parents didn't even know the kids were out. I think it's really good you got Zach to see how hanging out with trouble makers will make him one. Parenting is so tough some times, isn't it?!

We've had a lot of hectic stuff this morning already. Larry totally forgot he was supposed to do an 8am conference call with his siblings and mother's care givers. So, scramble to get the call set up, to get information needed, etc., and then turns out the main caregiver couldn't even be reached.

We were all up late last night watching Tooth Fairy together. What a stupid movie.... I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater. Maybe we were just in the wrong frame of mind....

My workout this morning..... pilates. I tried doing a virgin dvd..... Jules Benson Total Core Pilates. Well, I made it about ten minutes and had to pull a Joni O (pull it out in boredom/frustration). That one is going in the trade pile -- just didn't do it for me. So, I put on another Ellen from netflix.... Crunch Fat Burning Pilates, I think it was called, but geez all those ones she did are named so similarly who knows. I liked it -- definitely moves that she has made into her own "signature" workouts. I feel so great after I do her workouts, I gotta' say.

We are having a friend over this afternoon for roller hockey, thank goodness, because Travis is driving us all nuts with how much he wants to play. I've got to find a league for him. Probably going to meet the mom at the store so she doesn't have to drive so far..... as the crow flies, we are not very far away, but for driving it takes maybe 20-25 minutes to get there. Crazy. Anyway, it should be a fun afternoon!

Workout: DONE!

Okay, I wasn't even close to wringing a shirt out after Turbo Fire HiiT 15, but I was as sweaty as I would be after a 50 minute Cathe workout! It went by quick, and I liked the drills! I did 4DS Tri's and Bi's afterwards. I really think I may stick with the 4DS and TF's next week. Though I may sub in something else for legs. (BBL, maybe?). I did the TF Stretch 10 at the end (which is really 12 minutes!). Again, nice shoulder stretching!! I really like this stretch.

So before my workout, I decided I'd try the Neti Pot for my sinuses and the headache. Holy SHIT (yes, the REAL cuss word!!), I had INTENSE burning/stinging in my eyes when I did the flush! And I only used warm water, NOT the salt solution. It did relieve the pressure/pain, but my head feels really really funny, like funny/dizzy/foggy. I guess better than a headache.

But my patience is very short and the boys fight me on EVERY decision . :mad:

HI ladies...

Finished with Power Max...I enjoyed it. I was feeling a little tired. But, I pushed it and did it on the 8" step until the last part where she put the last combo together with a 360 move. I did that part on the 6" and it was great. Now, I have changed to go to the pool with the kids. It isn't as hot today as yesterday. So, we should be ok today. Vic is taking Lauren to a movie tonight since he has been doing so much with Chris lately. He has taken Chris to a few baseball games and decided he wanted to do something with his daughter....

Chris: Vic does that nelli sinus rinse alot too when he is feeling a sinus headache. It seems to always do wonders for him. Can't remember if he was ever been dizzy or foggy like you. Hope you are feeling better. Oh and my patience is always running thin with my kids. They constantly debate EVERYTHING and it drives me up the wall. Neither one will ever give in and stop...UGH!!! Hope the kids enjoy their lemonade stand. My sister and I did that alot in the summers when we visited my Grandma in NY...

Beth: We saw that Tooth Fairy movie too. I thought it was ok. Done before and all that. But, it was ok. A few funny parts. By no means movie of the year. The kids liked it. Hope the kids enjoy the playdate with roller hockey. Sounds fun!!

Ok, time to eat and then head to the pool....

Kathy, enjoy the pool! My kids are already hot out there, so I don't know how they're going to make it at 3:00 when it's hotter!! Oh, and my kids LOVED Tooth Fairy -- it was just Larry and I who thought it was stupid, but yes, even we laughed at some parts. :)

Chris, I meant to mention..... that turbofire eating plan.... does it say how many calories they want you to eat? I've been listening to a bunch of fat2fit podcasts lately -- those guys are SO sensible! Anyway, one of them was talking about how a lot of the fitness infomercial things that are sold come with a nutrition plan that's very low in calories because they want people to have quick success (because that's what so many of us are after). Well, there whole approach is that they don't want to give you a quick diet with quick results.... they want to give you a lifestyle that you can do for the rest of your life (as I said, so sensible!). I have been doing as they suggest for at least a week now.... I've been watching my calories on myfitnesspal.com and I've been "forcing" myself to eat more calories of real, non-crap food. Well, guess what? I've had absolutely no urges to eat crap. I've let myself eat a cookie or three or four even, here and there, and I have none of this urge to finish the whole bag as I used to have. It's really great! I also had a glass of wine at least a couple of nights. And, I am down about a pound over the week, which is what they aim for. So.... something to think about. I've been eating about 2300 calories/day.

Hey Guys..

The kids have run me ragged with baking cookies and helping with their Lemonade stand. And my sinuses HURT. I think I may have figured out why the Neti Pot hurt so bad. I looked online and it said if you don't use the saline solution, and just the plain water, it can burn. OMG, did it! I tried it again. Still have pressure. And it burneeeed so bad... I guess I need to put in the salt solution! :eek:

Beth: Good thinking! I bet the kid did sneak out. He also apparently had 2 other boys SLEEPING OVER his house at the time. So they all probably sneaked out! And Zach was asking to sleep at his house this week ... SOOO glad I said no. I'm done with Joe (the kid). ... Zach really was good about not going to 6 Flags today. He didn't complain ONCE. He's been pretty decent to deal with the last few days. Though he's been staying up until 2am and sleeping in until 11am. ..... Sorry about the Conference Call. That sucks that happened! ... We haven't seen Tooth Fairy yet. Did you decide against Alice? ... I think I have that one Ellen Barret Fat Burning Pilates. It is a cool workout, if it's the same one I have! ...... The Turbo Fire eating plan has you figure out calories based on your weight and activity level. It also figures in that the Turbo Fire workouts burn 650 calories!!! :eek: Seriously? I think not! Anyways, when I figured MINE out, and I used a generous 500 calorie burn for the Turbo Fire workouts, my calories came to 1800. That's just about what Sparkpeople says too. .. The INFERNO plan runs around 1200 a day. That's to do only for 5 days. ... That is true about commercial products wanting fast results! I never thought about that. ... So with what you are doing, you are eating 2300 calories of HEALTHY foods or is that combined with the wine and a few cookies? . Intriguing! I may want to try that!

Kathy: Hi-5's on the 8 inch step!!!! :eek: I rarely use anything above 1 riser on each side. but maybe with the older workouts. Step Fit probably would have been ok with 2 risers. ...Your pool time is making me SUPER jealous! We did end up finding a pool to order, site to store at Walmart (no shipping), but it probably won't come in until next week or HOPEFULLY not later. I really feel like going in a POOL!!!!! :eek::cool:

*HEY to HOTTIE and JOANNE* Where you been girls ? (Or are you typing the same time as me?)

Chris, so sorry about the neti pot disaster..... I meant to mention that. Hope it gets better!

I think sparkpeople and myfitnesspal called for me eating something like 1900 calories a day or something. These people have you figure out what your BMR is and then add in a bunch after that depending on how active you are. They always say "remember, your BMR is the calories you burn if you were in bed in a coma!" So, that's where I figured out the 2300 -- and that's healthy and non-healthy, and some days I've gone beyond that number, I should say, and the scale is holding or, as I noticed this morning, going down!!! So, maybe you aren't eating enough. Their calculator is at
http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

See what they think you ought to eat.

My boys are driving me so nutty batty bitchy today!!! Ug! Constant interruptions, and I know you guys are very familiar with.

Oh Joanne! Is that party this weekend?! It must be, right?! I'll be thinking about you and all that stress..... I hope at some point you can decide it is what it is and you just relax and enjoy!!! Really!!

Hi guys...sorry, but i'm just been low energy and down and depressed. Classic PMS/TOM stuff. It's amazing where my mind goes when my hormones are this out of control. Honestly, I have to grip onto the fact this is hormonal because it feel SO BAD all the time. I try to tell myself there was a time when I didn't realize it was all hormones and I just hated everything. But it seems I'm having an opposite effect of Beth -- I eat crappier food and my brain wants more crappier food. And its weird...part of me really wants to "detox" and I know what to cook to make that happen but I don't want to do it. I think Evee is actually feeling BAD for me. She's coming to me all worried and stuff and won't leave me. The pooch has been so good lately...I really want to treat her but we have so much to do dog park runs aren't happening. I'm forcing myself through experiments right now. I *have* to come in on Saturday at this point. I want to go down to San Diego on sunday but I may have to come back in for at least a little bit then too. But I'm trying not to stress out too much...this is not the kind of job you cna do that well when your mind isn't near 100%...

I did Step Moves to help me out of my funk and the abs+resistance band portion of the Pure arms and abs from Exhale. Beth, I totally know what you mean by the segment ending just when you're getting into it! I didn't even realize ten minutes flew by!

Kathy -- it sounds like such a nice day! I'm always amazed you can do the 8 inches -- you're like our own "Kathe!"

Chris -- So good about him not complaining about six flags. My sinuses haven't been as much of a problem for me lately which is nice. Still no trying on the acupuncture eh? :) It seems like a silly thing to sneak out for don't you think? I mean, they could just ask reasonably...oh well, they're boys I guess.

Beth -- I think I have to shoot for 1400 calories...I'm jealous of those extra 900 you have. But you know, its totally the diet for me. I've been crazy this week, so I'm up again. When I'm good, I go back down. It seems the 135 I was last summer was sooo far away. But my family might come to visit and the wedding is in September so maybe I'll use that to motivate me. I only have one more workout left in STS and I can hopefully capitalize on a great active recovery week. I seem to recall someone telling me the weight comes off then. Crossing my fingers that'll happen to me...

::yawn::

Hottie, sorry you're having a bad day! At least Evee's there! I think you should go to that calculator I mentioned, and just try eating the amount they suggest for a week and see what happens. I'll bet anything that 1400 is way too low for you!!

P.S. On the fat2fit philosophy.... they strongly believe that what you need to do is figure out what is your caloric need for maintenance on your ideal weight, and whatever you weight now, use that as your caloric need (though I suppose if a person is super heavy, that might be too low in the beginning). So imagine you are ten pounds over, if you are eating calories for maintaining your weight at ten pounds lighter, you will be operating at a small caloric deficit and you WILL lose weight. So sensible, right? Honestly, you should try it! Don't go so friggin' low! ;)

Oh beth -- it's not that bad. I really am happy I feel this way only a limited amount of the time. When I had this stuff untreated, I thought I was doomed to never be happy and I imagine my attitude prevented me from living a much more fulfilling life. Knowing that things will pass keeps things much better than they used to be. As for the caloric stuff, they have this chart:

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1585
Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1816
Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2048
Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2279
Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2510

I always wonder why level I am frankly! I CAN get sedentary depending on the kind of lab work...but I probably am somewhere between light and moderate. Its nice to think I can eat more. I probably hit around that normally though without too much counting. I sometimes wonder if my metabolism is handicapped or something and not working at the levels of everyone else!

holy @#$@#$.

I walk into the lab room next to mine to grab something and my head starts to immediately hurt. Its hard to breathe. I immediately go to find the gas leak. I go where it is (its sort of in a tucked part of the room), its so bad I can hardly breathe it! I turn it off and just batshit on the others. Ok, I get it the inexperienced undergrad left it unchecked but seriously, you're telling me all the other scientists who went into the room didn't realize they might want to check something that "smells funny?" They all realized something smelled funny and didn't bother to go find the source!! UGH!! That thing was on for HOURS. UGH UGH UGH!

And now I have a freaking gas headache.

HOLY CRAP, Hottie! that gas thing is scary!!! Good thing you found it though, it could have been a disaster, no?

Sorry about the headache! I can empathize with that one!

Beth: That's interesting. I'm not sure what I should pick for my activity either. On Turbo Fire's thing, they say pick the activity that you're at NOT INCLUDING workouts. So I'd say "Light or Moderate" too. . It might be interesting to eat that many calories and see how I feel. There's a lot of times I wonder if my "hunger" is emotional or "real". This could certainly tell me, right?.... Oh yes, I totally get ya on kids bugging you. Alex and Jake fight horribly sometimes and they never listen to me as to how to resolve it, they just keep screaming at each other and POKING each other HARD.
42kmoig.gif

Hottie: I used to get horrible PMS, Horrible. I could not stand myself or anyone or anything around me. That feeling sucks big monkey butt, it really does. ((hugs)). At least you can put in perspective and try to work through it. I think we're "Period Buddies" , because I always have mine, when you have yours! LOL!. ... YAY for Step Moves and Ab work!!!!!
banana_smiley_42.gif

The gas thing monumentally pissed me off. A couple weeks ago I had found a similar problem in the same room but I had clearly gotten to it in less than 30 minutes (super slight smell, but I had noticed the valve was open and not closed and I didn't see a flame). The only thing that made me smile-- when I went to tell my labmate she immediately thought it was her undergrad who screwed up (it wasn't) but her look was of pure pissiness. It was awesome.

I have all emotional hunger. I even know while eating its a conditioning treatment and what neurotransmitters are being sent to my brain but do I stop? Nope.

My only cure -- doing an insane double workout tomorrow. I won't tell you guys yet what I have planned as I'm sure ya'll will think I'm insane.

Chris, I hope we aren't period buddies! Mine has been totally irregular lately. I know its stress related but I'm worried I'm going to need new medication. This is looking to be a 10-14 day period already...

Good night! (no cupcakes tonight as I'm almost done the oreo cookie box)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.