July 08 Checkin *****Sunday 27****

runlikeagirl

Cathlete
Good Morning All

Today is a rest day for me. Boy do I need one after last night. I feel like we had a newborn in the house. We had terrible Thunder storms that seem to have last about 2 hours. One loud crack of thunder made DH jump out of bed.

I am getting ready for Church and then later this afternoon going to my son's hockey game.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Lori

Hi Lori!..... Hi Everyone who checks in today!!

Lori: Where are you from in Mass? It's funny, I read your post and it could have been MY night of sleeping! We had a horrible thunderstorm around 3am.... SOOOO loud! I'm from Western Mass, outside of Springfield. Are you somewhere around there?

So today, my plan is getting back to business after vacation. Definitely going to get in a good cardio workout: Cardio Fusion. Tomorrow I'll start back up with the 4DS/GS weight focused rotation I'd been doing.

The scale wasn't as bad to me as I thought , up about 3 pounds. And that's WITHOUT exercising and poor food choices. So I think I can fix it easily enough. I'm toying with the idea of switching to eating Weight Watchers Core style for a bit. Might be a good change for a bit for me.

Will BBL!

Good morning Lori and everyone to follow..

Lori: we had a storm like that about a week or so ago. So powerful. We went to mass last night. So, I have all day to get the house clean and stuff...Have a great time enjoying your son's hockey game. I am assuming that it is field hockey?

Getting ready to get to my workout. I decided today that I would do Kickmax. I love the leg conditioning drills in that one. I always feel it the next day..And without weights..I am experiencing some nice DOMS from the gauntlet yesterday, too..

Have a great day...Be back later..

Hey Chris: We were posting at the same time..That 3 pounds sounds familiar. That is usually where I end up on the scale after vacation..We are going to Florida on Wednesday and I am hoping to not repeat it this time! I always do Cardio Fusion after feeling badly about eating and what not. Good luck with it!!

Good Morning Ladies!!

Today is my second rest day (if you want to call it that...I have a 12 hour work day ahead of me) Tomorrow I will start with cathe's July '08 rotation...:)

Lori and Boingo- I live in Albany and that storm hit us about 1:30ish...It was like constant lightning....suprisingly enough we didnt' lose power!

Kathy- Good luck with kickmax today!! I have a hard time doing that one all the way through...I mostly do the leg drills in that one because I definitely feel them as well the next day!

I'll check in with y'as laters!

Iris

Just got done with Cardio Fusion!!!

:eek:

Crazy workout, starts off so easy.. and then BAM! ends with all those Drill Max drills! My HR was definitely up there, more than usual, since my rest week. I tried to slow it down a bit, but it's hard to not want to go full force with some of the moves.

So I'm lucky enough to be sporting one of my "headaches" since yesterday. Could NOT get rid of it no matter what I took (I even took the pills that give me a rash and usually work) and it's still hovering in the back of my eyes today. Ugh. I haven't had one of these since May 3rd (My son's First Communion!). Weird. And I'm not liking it at all....

But I STILL got through Cardio Fusion (was hoping that would help, didn't..)

Kathy: Glad I'm not the only one with the 3 lb vacation gain! I actually feel pretty lucky with just that. I felt like it would be 10!!

Iris: What do you do for work? I do weekend nights (7p-7a), I'm a nurse. Hey Albany isn't far from me! Probably an hour and 1/2. I was just up that way a few weeks ago, actually. A friend of mine lost her 8 year old son to leukemia. So I went for his calling hours. It wasn't the best reason to go up there, but I found out that Albany isn't really that far...

Okay... off for my post-workout snack and a much needed shower!!!

Hi again ladies...Just finished up with lunch after tackling Kickmax...I need to do those leg drills more often!! They are great!!

Chris: sorry about that headache. I am impressed you did Cardio Fusion with a headache. I don't think I could have done that..

Iris: Hope you have a good day at work...I like those leg drills too. I have that rotation printed up. I used it this month as a guide and I did some of them and some I subbed. We were on vacation alot in July, so I didn't think I could follow it like it was written. I am looking forward to seeing what Cathe posts for August. I will have to start that one late..We will be in Florida until the 4th..

Chris I live in Charlton. We are practically neighbors.;) My husband just took the kids to the Basketball Hall of Fame on Thursday and then he went to Westfield to Barnes AFB. He is retired from the AF. He wanted them to see the F15.

Kathy my son plays ice hockey he is on a summer league that he is almost done with.:) My middle son is doing hockey camp this week from 8-5 M-F. My youngest son has no interest in hockey. We are thankful for that because it will save us some $$$$ and time.

Iris I was surprised that the power didn't go out. We've had a lot more storms this summer than we have in the past. Have a great day at work.

Lori

Wrong date

I wrote my reply in the wrong date-I wrote in yesterday's check-in so I will attach it here now:

All I can is Wow!!!!! What a amazing experience! I will keep this short because my eyelids are so heavy. I am in soo much pain right now, but it feels so good!! 3 workouts in one day is no joke. We did step on friday which I already posted, Sat morning was step as well ( similar to fridays class)Sat late morning was bootcamp-we did soo many different exercises but she set up cones and we did them in groups.Sat evening we did lower body blast-THAT was the killer. I think my fav was today with kickboxing but we were all so sore!!!Anyone who is afraid of ever going to a roadtrip-please don't be afraid I knew absolutely noone and I came out of there with so many new friends.Everyone is so friendly and helpful and the coordinators are the BEST. Cathe is just about the sweetest thing you'll ever meet.She is so gracious and thankful to have you there.We danced,we ate, and exercised our little butts off.I will try to post my pictures on my albums on my website, if I can figure it out. Tracey Staehle is expecting so for all those new mothers out there she told me she is going to put together a pregnancy series-how cool is that!!!She is so nice too.I have to go now but Beth if you see this "hello" it was great meeting you!!!!P.S I bought a brown cathe tank,slanted risers,high step training,high step circuit,body fusion and total body streching.Do you think that was enough my check card thought so. -Lisa

Lisa: Awesome!!! That sounds like so much fun. I think you need a few days rest after all those classes.. Congrats on your new purchases!! I would love to go someday..We will see!! How was the dinners and the brunch and stuff like that?

Lori: How exciting!! Ice hockey is a tough sport..

Lisa: I just went over to your page and saw your photos. What great pictures you got! Love that you got some with Cathe and the crew...It was neat how you got to go and see where the film. That is what that was right?

The food was catered by an organic food company.I am a very picky eater and believe it or not I liked it.The hibachi was okay I wished I would have ordered the sushi I did not like my chicken too much. The diner was awesome can't go wrong with breakfast. I just wished they had soda I am a pepsi drinker and I was definitely having withdrawal. Overall, the food was good. They also said that editing for STS was going to be done in like 5 days. They spent a WHOLE lot of money on this so be prepared to get very good quality on this if you preordered. -Lisa

We were able to walk on the set as much as we liked.We also previewed all of her products coming out from altus in fall/winter they will have them at City sports,olympia sports,academy sports,paragon sports,big 5 sporting goods, Walmart.com, scheels, Dunhams, Meijers,and sport chalet. Many people won prizes so they recieved alot of gifts from her new line.We won the relay race so we recieved cathe t-shirts which was AWESOME!!! That weighted vest is really great!! -Lisa

Hi again!
I just can't get enough of this new forum ... it's so fun to play in! :)

My headache has intensified this afternoon. Ugh. It was dull earlier, and thus, I was able to do my workout. But I couldn't do one now if I wanted to! :confused:

Lori: That's so funny! We are practically neighbors! A girl I used to work with lives in Charlton too. And I live in Westfield, where your hubby and kids went to see the F15's! We see them fly over all the time! :eek: Small world, huh?

Lisa: The road trip sounds so flippin fun! I can't imagine doing all those workouts in one day though! Holy SMOKES! But the adrenaline must be pumping being in Cathe's class. Does the whole crew do the workout or is it just Cathe? I went and peeked at your roadtrip too... WOW! Impressive! And that's Beth with the long dark hair, right? OMG.. you guys are all so tiny!!! Teeny itsy bitsy TINY! You look great!

Off to eat something , hoping it will do something for my head. Ugh.... :(

Hi Ladies,

Sounds like you all are doing great! Just came by really quick to say "Hello" :). I'm kind of stressing out because my husband clicked on a link online and got a virus! So, there was no way to delete it since it was spreading into all my files. I had to RECOVER the computer (make it back to factory condition), so I have lost EVERYTHING!! I just want to scream right now. So, I have nothing, but my online. I have to update everything and install things I had before. It will take me a couple of hours. I hope you all have a great day today!

Hey !!

Ivy: sorry to hear about your computer. We had the same thing happen to us about a year ago. It was this trojan virus you could NOT get rid of no matter what. My nephew (a computer geek) worked on it for hours. We had to reformat everything, though we were able to save a lot of stuff (pictures and files I had saved).

I uploaded some vacation pictures on my cathepage, if anyone is interested...

Today's workout was a new one for me - All Out Infused Step with Gay Gasper. Step is my favorite, and this one was a lot of fun. Heart rate was up but not off the charts.

Lisa, thanks for staying in touch regarding the road trip. It's fun to hear about all the details and to see the pictures.

Hey !!

Ivy: sorry to hear about your computer. We had the same thing happen to us about a year ago. It was this trojan virus you could NOT get rid of no matter what. My nephew (a computer geek) worked on it for hours. We had to reformat everything, though we were able to save a lot of stuff (pictures and files I had saved).

I uploaded some vacation pictures on my cathepage, if anyone is interested...

Thanks Boingo :) I'm still here working on it. I'm just so upset that everything I had on my Outlook is gone. Now I don't have anyones email address and so on. I never saved it on my gmail web account since I prefer to use Outlook. I'm trying not to stress about this, but it's so hard. Hopefully I get this done soon :)

Thanks for all the positive feedback.I feel like I lost inches and pounds in one weekend-I know not so possible right?
Boingo1-Saw Cedie on Friday.Brenda,Jai and Cedie worked out with us today.We saw Lorraine after the class.They are all so nice. In our goodie bag we recieved an altus product of Cathe's 3 stetch bands green, red and blue.The green bands are nothing like we use now much tighter.We had a class with the bands today with the kickboxing and the green band kicked my a**.
loniram-How was the new step DVD?How was the music and choreography?
laperez-Hope you are able to get everything back up-Good luck I know it is very nerve wrecking!!!
I am suffering at this moment,needless to say no workout for me tomm. I have a journal club I have to attend for work anyway in the evening-must get my adequate CE's.BBL
Lisa

Lisa: There are a few things on Cathe's new fitness line I want. I was so interested in the weghted vest and I want new weighted gloves and now that you say the bands are better, I want those too. I need to look through the whole line and decide. The food sounds really good. Sounds like they had alot of variety..Thanks for all the info. That is great news about STS being close!! I preordered!! I would have been excited about the tshirt too..You have earned a rest day for sure!!!

Chris: I am really liking the forums too. I spend so much time on here...Sorry about that headache..Took a look at the photos...Your kids are so cute. Looks like they had a great time. Was that a shark in one of those photos?

Ivy: Ugh!! We had te same thing happen to us a few years ago and I lost everything on my drive too. After that incident we got McAfee virus and a whole bunch of others to protect our computer..

Linda: I like all kinds of cardio step too..I haven't tried that one yet...Did you get as good a workout as you would from cathe's step? I measure all my workouts against hers..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.