Juicing

jcpolsky

Cathlete
I was thinking of adding some juice to my diet and would like to try fresh juice. Does anyone here juice? If so what kind of juicer would you recommend? A friend suggested a Breville. I would like one that is easy to clean and does not take up too much counter space. Thanks for any suggestions!

I have had a Breville since 2009. We use it a lot. If you move quickly, start to finish, juicing takes 15 minutes. A breville is middle of the road (but good enough) and the pulp isn't completely dry - meaning - you don't get all the juice but pretty close.

This is what works for us:
We keep a plastic bag in the bucket for easy removal of pulp (put a new bag in after cleaning every time).

We keep a small brush handy for cleaning the pulp stuck in the impeller.

We keep a hand held steel strainer nearby for straining the foam.

Juice apples last - they create a lot of thick foam.

We typically make green lemonade and don't let ourselves drink the juice until the juicer has been cleaned which takes about 5 minutes - tops. If we don't clean the juicer right away, then after our drink we stare at the mess and groan, making the whole process feel like work.

Juicers are not small but they are worth the effort to us. We make juice for pretty much everyone who comes into our house.

Good luck with your decision. I do not know if a white juicer stains - stuff does spray about sometimes.

I hope that helps a bit.

I have heard good things about the Jack LaLanne (spl). I make a lot of green smoothies instead because my little magic bullet was so cheap and I don't use as much produce. However, I love to buy juices at my co-op because they keep the juicer for me and do all the clean up. I love juices. This week I had a 'Citrus Zinger' which had a bunch of fresh produce, green apples, lime juice, and fresh ginger. It was so refreshing. You might like that combo. If I had the room for a juicer I would buy one. I find that my brain fog lifts when I have a juice. Be aware that they can make you poop (not to be rude:eek:) so watch out for that. Many really healthy veggies/fruits have magnesium and will make that happen.

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.